Dave Mullen's Ultimate Aiming System Video

JasonDevanney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry for starting another "aiming thread", but i'd just like to see what everyone thought of this short video.

I managed to get hold of a copy and in all honesty i'm not sure what he says on the video actually works. I've tried it with a 13mm and a 10mm snooker cue. I always seem to hit the OB on the thick side.

Any views :confused:

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Never heard of it. Where could I pick one up at? Where did you get yours?....randyg

christopheradam

Christopher Adams
Silver Member
JasonDevanney said:
I'm sorry for starting another "aiming thread", but i'd just like to see what everyone thought of this short video.

I managed to get hold of a copy and in all honesty i'm not sure what he says on the video actually works. I've tried it with a 13mm and a 10mm snooker cue. I always seem to hit the OB on the thick side.

If your interested in Aiming systems heres a few that popped to my head that are in video format:

Don Feeney vol 1 or 3 can't remember which. Not the one that is titled cueing techniques but the other one. I think it has the word "aiming" in the title.

Joetucker aiming by numbers DVD
There is also aiming by numbers balls you can buy.

JasonDevanney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
randyg said:
Never heard of it. Where could I pick one up at? Where did you get yours?....randyg

I got a copy of Ebay last year- I think it was made in '95 or '96

I've read reports about it on the RSB board- Some positive, Some negative.

I was wondering if anyone on here has used this system to any effect.

Yup, I was messing around with that last night. There are far too many variables for that to work consistantly. Different shafts squirt more, apply more english, different cloth speeds, ball skid, etc...

It got me close on some shots, way off on others.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
it's beyond me ...

what all these aiming systems are about. Me, I don't think there
is any secret type of system for dead on aiming other than
your eyes and brain.

A knowledgeable brain is the best aimer. Your eyes
are good too, but on some shots, your brain will
signal back to you that you have to be careful shooting
that type of shot, hitting it thinner because of english used,
or something else.

I guess I learned the old fashioned way, eyes, brain, and
trial and error.

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
Aiming the side of the ferrule to the contact point.
Waste of time and money.

i have the tape.......its terrible.....using the edges of your ferrule only works for pretty steep cuts. for all others, you have to break your ferrule down into different lines.

i will say that aiming the edges and other lines in your ferrule to the contact point is VERY effective.......but the way this guy explains it is total bullshit.

VAP

leemay

This system works wonderfully. Ive started using it soon after i found that short video on youtube which for whatever reason is no longer online.It works for all shots and indeed no compensation is needed for normal shots if you use a low deflection shaft. Straight shots...any cuts will work. It took me a while to figure out that it works also for overcuts. (side of the ferrule lined up outside the object ball). All you have to do is imagine the contact point outside the object ball). It works for all types of English. It has changed and simplified my game tremendously.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Resurrected Thread - Should be in the Aiming Forum

This system came out to the internet about 15 years ago, IIRC. Was it an inside edge ferrule stick aiming system?

If it was, it had great potential and maybe his initial offering was just the introductory.

Freddie

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you consistently hit it too thick , find the place you should hit it at , and aim a little thinner!
That will be 200.00 please.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a video of a guy talking about the "ferrule aiming system"

https://youtu.be/vKs-Fb4fFcg

I played around with the edge aiming system described in this video yesterday and I made a lot of balls with it. It is very different from how I normally sight shots. I don’t have any idea how much of it I will incorporate into my shot routine. But it is interesting to think about. Thanks for posting the video.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To whomsoever thought it might be fun to revisit this antique thread:

Aiming Conversations - why do you think there is a "special" section for aiming?

Please go there and stop cluttering up the real pool discussions.

Dale(who is a wounded warrior of the many long and bloody Aiming Wars)

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
For me on a wide quantity of cuts I aim the CL of the cue ball to the outside edge of the object ball.

J Soto

The NON-Myth
Silver Member
To whomsoever thought it might be fun to revisit this antique thread:

Aiming Conversations - why do you think there is a "special" section for aiming?

Please go there and stop cluttering up the real pool discussions.

Dale(who is a wounded warrior of the many long and bloody Aiming Wars)

There isn't much going on in the main forum anyways... maybe I should start another thread on which chalk is the best or whats the best tip for a wrapless cue cored with balsawood. Lol

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Why are there aiming wars in the first place? Aiming should be able to be discussed in the "main forum" without any wars.

But those who THINK that they know everything about pool have decreed that aiming should be a topic that is never discussed because as long as a player has a good stroke then aiming is a given.

Thus they have made it their mission to destroy every aiming thread which is what led to the creation of a forum just for aiming discussions. And those same people went there and continued to destroy conversations over there.

Let me win the lottery and my "ban" list will go into effect and be way more effective at making AZB a peaceful place. The aiming war antagonists will be banned to go be a headache for some other forum.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
There isn't much going on in the main forum anyways... maybe I should start another thread on which chalk is the best or whats the best tip for a wrapless cue cored with balsawood. Lol

Exactly. "They" don't get an never have.