Reviews on the Delta 13 rack

shaggybahama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am contemplating buying a Delta 13 Rack to be a prize for a raffle during a pool tournament am putting on, can any fellow AZ'er share there actual experience/ opinions on these racks pls. Thanks in Advance.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
use the leather inserts, or make your own, you can kill the noise

its pretty unbearable without something to kill the ringing though

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Best rack out there that I've come across. Definitely get the noise reducing inserts though.

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Delta 13

I was given one as a gift in May. I like it mucho; nice tight rack and easy to align with the back rail. A little thinner than my wooded rack, which helps in 14-1on rare occasion.

Also, sturdy and looks really nice.

I got used to the solid cling sound; kind of Pavlovian since I always enjoy breaking!

It signals I just won the last rack. Of course I use this at home when I practice alone.

But I know I am about to break, which any other time is a very good thing.

Just a little bit nuts I guess.

Dave

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was given one as a gift about a year ago. I do not have the noise reducers and it does clang. I still mostly use a Magic Rack but consider the Delta 13 a great thing to have around. Considering their price, I think it would be a great thing to raffle. I'm sure a lot of people would like to try one but not ready to part with the $$.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dunno....the cheapest I've seen have been on ebay for 119 shipped.....that's a lot for a rack when a pair of
strong hands will accomplish just as much using racks a whole damn less expensive......like under $20....JMO.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For any type of full rack like 8 ball or 1 pocket it's the best thing going. I still like the Magic Rack for 9 and 10 ball though.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good product, I don't have the real expensive one think mine cost about $40 or so a few years back. A little loud as other have said but can be corrected with inserts, very consistent racks.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe the best triangle style rack ever made! Yes, I have the inserts in mine.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had one for several years at home and it's great with my good condition aramith balls and clean Simonis cloth. The big benefit is the balls do not stick to the rack when you remove it.

I've brought it to the pool hall a few times and it seems gaps will still form if the cloth is dirty (eg has chalk under it causing roll off) or the balls are different sizes.

So if your absolutely want to eliminate gaps, use the accu-rack. I have one, it's great, but I don't use it much because people in my area are still not used to using it and consider it somewhat a pain. It's actually easy to use but is just something new for old dogs to learn.

Jeff

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is an awesome rack (though extremely noisy) but in the end it performs no better than a good quality $10 plastic rack.

The plastic and wood racks will eventually form indentations from the balls being pressed against them causing a loose rack. The Delta 13 rack is an excellent rack. Yes it is noisy. I took an old leather belt and made inserts and now its very quiet. The only issue might be drunks or careless people dropping or throwing the rack on the cloth. It is solid and heavy. The other issue is someone might try to steal it cause it's so damn good. $69 is money well spent.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I have a Select, not an Elite, and really like it. Based on the post from "I Got Lucky", I'll be modifying it with leather from an old belt soon. Only knock against it is the noise.