realkingcobra is the man!!!

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I just got done torquing my Diamond rail bolts to 15 lbs. / ft.
What a difference!!!!!
I didn't know how much better it could be.
I don't think one of my bolts was even 10 ft. lbs.
Most were closer to 5!!
Thanks Cobra!!!!!

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
What kind of difference did it make?
More lively for sure. Most noticeable when going multi rails with running english of course.
Just a better "feel" overall too. If that makes sense.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
More lively for sure. Most noticeable when going multi rails with running english of course.
Just a better "feel" overall too. If that makes sense.

Yes it makes sense. Many bolts have a optimum torque requirement and rail bolts are no different. When these bolts are at the correct torque the energy loss is kept to a minimum and table reacts the way it was designed too.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool, I'm sure a lot of people could benefit from knowing this info! Unfortunately, your post title doesn't mention anything relevant to the subject of the post so this will get lost in the old records.

Suggested Title: "Proper Rail Bolt Torque - Diamond Table Improvements"

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool, I'm sure a lot of people could benefit from knowing this info! Unfortunately, your post title doesn't mention anything relevant to the subject of the post so this will get lost in the old records.

Suggested Title: "Proper Rail Bolt Torque - Diamond Table Improvements"
Almost a "Sticky" worthy deal. Post the correct torque specs for Diamonds and Gold Crowns here on AZ. Some people work on their own stuff and these probably would come in handy.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost a "Sticky" worthy deal. Post the correct torque specs for Diamonds and Gold Crowns here on AZ. Some people work on their own stuff and these probably would come in handy.

Absolutely! Something that probably needs to be addressed periodically since there is wood involved. If not a "Sticky", then maybe the title of the thread could be edited for a quick search.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely! Something that probably needs to be addressed periodically since there is wood involved. If not a "Sticky", then maybe the title of the thread could be edited for a quick search.

I've never been able to figure out how to edit a thread title. I assumed we weren't allowed.

Sean Hallett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got done torquing my Diamond rail bolts to 15 lbs. / ft.
What a difference!!!!!
I didn't know how much better it could be.
I don't think one of my bolts was even 10 ft. lbs.
Most were closer to 5!!
Thanks Cobra!!!!!
Is that the standard for every table? I've got a gold crown and I'd like to check it. I'd have to convert the torque to Newton meters

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quoting earlier comment by FeelDaShot

"I've never been able to figure out how to edit a thread title. I assumed we weren't allowed."

"You cant after the first 30 seconds or so its created
It's done" (Texas Carom Club's reply)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact any of the Moderators -- They can, and will, adjust a thread title if requested to so by the original poster, if the Moderator considers the request to be valid and reasonable.

FeelDaShot's suggested Title: "Proper Rail Bolt Torque - Diamond Table Improvements"
would work excellently and I would hope that 9andout (the original poster) will consider the obvious benefits to all interested parties -- commercial room owners and home table owners -- by simply contacting any Moderator.

I've done it twice for my titles since 2012 regarding a gross misspelling on my part and an unintentionally ambiguous meaning -- the Moderator was very cooperative in quickly enacting the change in each case.

Arnaldo

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GC's should be at 10-12 ft lbs, depending on the model of anchor nuts used embedded into the rail cavities.

If a table went from the factory, to the US Open in 2016, then to storage, then to my basement, what are the odds that the rail bolts are not torqued to 15 ft lbs?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
24 to 1....that's how many rail bolts are on your table!��

But what about the quality control department?
:grin-square:

24 to 1 probability:
There is a 96.00 percent probability of a particular outcome and 4.00 percent probability of another outcome.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
But what about the quality control department?
:grin-square:

24 to 1 probability:
There is a 96.00 percent probability of a particular outcome and 4.00 percent probability of another outcome.

Did someone lie to you and tell you wood never compresses, bolts never stretch, and humidity in wood never evaporates causing wood to shrink? Bet anything🤣