new home cost nuts

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I work for a flooring company.
We were asked to bid on a new model house.
It's a 2 story 805 sq. Ft. modular.
It will sell for $295000
No upgrades offered just a base house not fancy.
This is in the Denver area.
This is insane.

deadbeat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I priced building a house on another farm I bought, 2200 square foot with an unfinished basement, vinyl siding, nothing fancy. $370,000 , so I think I am just going to stay where I am at.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's $366 per sq. ft. That just doesn't sound correct. Must be located on some pretty expensive real estate as an 805 sq. ft. structure could not have that much value.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's $366 per sq. ft. That just doesn't sound correct. Must be located on some pretty expensive real estate as an 805 sq. ft. structure could not have that much value.

Holy crap!

Around here you can get a very nice custom home, with screen enclosed pool, for around $200/sq ft.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Legal weed seems to have sent the home prices
through the roof in CO.
400sq.ft. per level. That's crazy small for that price.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5 years I was visiting someone in Denver. As we are getting in the car to leave his driveway a car stopped behind us. A young couple were looking at the home across the street. It was for sale by owner. Friend said in case you are interested it's 675,000.
These are small houses in a quiet neighborhood.
I was stunned these were 150,000 tops back in S.Dak. and maybe 200,000 in most of the DFW area.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am trying to build a 650 sq foot ADU (auxiliary dwelling unit) in my back yard to use as a game room. It must have a kitchen and bath to be built.

My first estimate was around $375.00 per square foot ($242,000) :eek:

Other contractors that I have met with, but still have not provided a written estimate as of yet, are in the same range just spit-balling numbers.

Everything in Silicon Valley is very expensive.

Building ain't cheap these days.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Homes are very expensive around DC and they don't average over 300$/ sq'.

I think somebody was overstating to the manofmeasures.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 2BR/1BA home is valued at $620 a square foot.

We are talking about building costs, not the land included.

My neighborhood is about $1000.00 a sq foot, land included, on the current real estate market.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I will stick to our $65.00 per square ft. in rural WI, 30 minutes from big city shopping. I guess thats why our 2 story easily has enough room for my 2 pool tables in the basement. If I build a main floor laundry for my wife I could fit a 3rd table. :thumbup:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are talking about building costs, not the land included.

My neighborhood is about $1000.00 a sq foot, land included, on the current real estate market.

$300-$450 per square feet to build depending on finishes.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It does in Denver.

The median home value in Denver is $465,466. Denver home values have gone up 1.7% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will fall -1.7% within the next year. The median list price per square foot in Denver is $374, which is higher than the Denver-Aurora-Lakewood Metro average of $265.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I priced building a house on another farm I bought, 2200 square foot with an unfinished basement, vinyl siding, nothing fancy. $370,000 , so I think I am just going to stay where I am at.

That house would be about $805,000 in Denver.

It used to be that million dollars houses were rare.
Now they are very common here.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Recent study by Property Shark. It's sorted by the location where $250k will buy the most square footage. It also gives median Home Size for the area.

Denver is in the third picture, and it shows $250k will buy you 673 sq. ft. I was surprised!

Home Prices A.jpg

Home Prices B.jpg

Home Prices C.jpg

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
It's a seller's market.

Offers exceed ask.

My property value has quadrupled in the past few years. So have the taxes.