New 8 Ball / Rotation game questions

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Is there a new 8 Ball / Rotation Game possibly called Saratoga?

If so are the rules in this game any different than that of standard 8 Ball Rules?

Are there posted rules for this game anywhere online or otherwise?

I have been playing too much straight pool that I am losing my memory of the rules for all other games.

Thanks

Kevin

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Capture.JPG
Is there a new 8 Ball / Rotation Game possibly called Saratoga?

If so are the rules in this game any different than that of standard 8 Ball Rules?

Are there posted rules for this game anywhere online or otherwise?

I have been playing too much straight pool that I am losing my memory of the rules for all other games.

Thanks

Kevin
http://thepoolscene.com/pool-billiards-promotional/a-brand-new-game-saratoga-the-tournament

Last edited:

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems kind of silly because the safety play is a joke. In 8ball, safeties are made difficult because you have to safe against all of your opponent's balls. In 9ball, it's difficult because you have to safe against the ball you are shooting at. In this game, since you are shooting rotation and you both have different balls, all you have to do is play two way shots that guard against your opponent having a shot at the only ball they are allowed to shoot. Most of the time, you could just tap your ball, and that's enough to leave no shot on their ball.

Willi Makaball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok something strange about these rules, solids 1-5, stripes 7-12, last time I saw a set of regulation pool balls the 7 was a solid,
also it says, A standard set of pool balls can be used, just don't rack the 7 or 15, So do you use 7 or not, and what happens to the 14 if the 13 is the winning ball.

The rules I played by, solids 1-7, stripes 9-15, 8 ball the winning ball