SBE postponed till June 11-14, 2020

jackson

"The Sleekly Drifter"
Silver Member
SBE postponed till June 11-14, 2020...just posted on Facebook...

Super Billiards Expo
8 mins ·

Players, Exhibitors, TAP members, Friends, and family of the Super Billiards Expo,

We appreciate your patience while we have been monitoring the situation and determining the best course of action.

Keeping the health and safety of our Super Billiards Family is of paramount concern in these uncertain times. While we could wait two weeks and assess the current climate like many others are doing, the nature of our event requires a large amount of preparation and travel from Exhibitors, players, and fans alike. Waiting two weeks will leave us a mere two weeks from show time, which would be too late for many to make the necessary arrangements - so, we have elected to be proactive and make the call now.

Although certainly a difficult decision to make, we feel it is in everyone's best interest. As our nation rallies together to prevent the spread of this virus, we're proud to do our part. Keeping people home and safely away from others who may unknowingly be infected is the safe shot. Our nation's medical community needs to be able to keep its resources available to help those who do not have that luxury.

None of us knows what the future may hold - but at least now we all know that the next Super Billiards Expo will be June 11-14, 2020!

We are confident that the Covid-19 situation will be under better control by then, ensuring the safety of our guests traveling in from around the world.

We look forward to having you join us on these new dates - entries will be carried over, unless we hear otherwise from you. If you are a player in our Players Championship Series of events and need to withdraw, for any reason, we'll gladly issue you a refund, as always.

If you are a vendor and cannot make these dates, please contact us and we will discuss options.

Competitors in the TAP League Rally in the Valley will be notified by their TAP Representatives and updated directly there as well; any questions you may have will be handled by TAP Event Staff and Corporate Office.

Stay tuned to our website and our facebook page for future updates.

We appreciate your patience and hope you all stay safe in the coming days.

Stay healthy - we'll see you in June!

Allen Hopkins
Allen Hopkins Productions

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
That is such a lame duck answer from Hopkins

Just refund everyone and cancel, the turnout is going to be trash.

Schedule for a later date in summer or fall and not over a conflicting tournament

Last edited:

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
Thanks, Just moved my reservation. Note my hotel did not have as many options for the June Dates so might be other things going on in the area then. I would suggest anyone going to book early

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is such a lame duck answer from Hopkins

Just refund everyone and cancel, the turnout is going to be trash.

Schedule for a later date in summer or fall and not over a conflicting tournament
I agree. Just cancel til further notice. It really is of no consequence considering what's going on right now.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree. Just cancel til further notice. It really is of no consequence considering what's going on right now.
If anyone makes non-refundable reservations for the new dates, good luck to them.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meanwhile, at CSI:

kFi7Y3P.png

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fantasitc

I just wrote an email to Allen praising him for this fantastic solution!
I have usually admired Garzar but this response from him has just dropped his standing in my mind.
Ideaoligst has usually disappointed me with his posts.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If anyone makes non-refundable reservations for the new dates, good luck to them.

The new dates will certainly be good. The warm weather alone is going to hit this virus and 90 days from now there will be nothing to worry about.

Some people!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I have usually admired Garzar but this response from him has just dropped his standing in my mind.

It is disappointing that I want attendees to be made whole? Don't jerk them around to have to beg for refunds, pushing it until June will be a disaster

He's confident that the virus protocol will be under control in 2 months. I'm confident that waiting 6 months or longer is smarter.

Heaven help us all if people posting out of an abundance of caution and fairness causes them to drop in your unquestionably esteemed opinion. Whatever shall we do?

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is disappointing that I want attendees to be made whole? Don't jerk them around to have to beg for refunds, pushing it until June will be a disaster

He's confident that the virus protocol will be under control in 2 months. I'm confident that waiting 6 months or longer is smarter.

Heaven help us all if people posting out of an abundance of caution and fairness causes them to drop in your unquestionably esteemed opinion. Whatever shall we do?

Just to be clear June 11th is 3 months not 2 months.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Guess we gotta wait til June cowboy.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
The new dates will certainly be good. The warm weather alone is going to hit this virus and 90 days from now there will be nothing to worry about.

Some people!

I understand the rescheduling date had to do with toilet paper availability. By then we all should all be wiped out.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you booked a hotel on Hotwire it appears they're working with customers.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mine was through them I emailed them per their online instructions. No reaching them.by phone.

Keep us updated on how that plays out. I booked through them too and I'm sure others here did as well.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm there every SBE.
I can come to you NOW if you post money.
1k a set x 3.
Same as I offerred you when you pussed out before.

What are you talking about? I never said I would play you. I SAID I would walk up to you and introduce myself AFTER you said I would never say anything to you because you would assault me. I BET you I would come up to you and say hi.

If you show up at SBE (which as I said I have a funny feeling you won't be there) I BET that I will say hi and that you won't do anything about it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huh????? Its a damn pool show/tournament. Is it really important with what's going on? I said cancel til further notice. No clue why "my standing" in your mind has dropped. Think i'll live tho. Seriously?????

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Huh????? Its a damn pool show/tournament. Is it really important with what's going on? I said cancel til further notice. No clue why "my standing" in your mind has dropped. Think i'll live tho. Seriously?????

If it's possible, I agree with you and them. Safety is important. That said, our industry isn't big enough that we can cancel seasons like the major sports and be okay. A lot of people make a big chunk of their income on this event. And they're self employed so they probably won't get any relief at the federal or state level.

It's not an easy choice, for them or CSI, so I sympathize.