Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page Custom cues made in Philippines
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
Mcues
AzB Silver Member
Mcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-12-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcues View Post
Two things need to be understood before I explain this. One, I am speaking in generalities, not about cues from the Philippines or any one maker or country, in particular. Two, the cues I see have problems. That's why I have them.

-Cues may have a pin/insert the is not concentric to the axis of the cue.
-Collars that have "popped" due to the material they are made from or unseasoned wood.
-Warpage
-Inconsistent tolerances
-Inferior materials, in general
-Uneven finish application

That's off the top of my head but each poses a unique issue when working on a cue.
Four or five years ago I fixed well over one hundred shafts for a dealer friend of mine because they were suffering from some of the above. They came from some foreign country
also mentioned somewhere above.

Mario

The trouble with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
Mcues3@aol.com

Old
  (#32)
Dirtbmw20
Lee Casto
Dirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtbmw20 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-12-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcues View Post
Four or five years ago I fixed well over one hundred shafts for a dealer friend of mine because they were suffering from some of the above. They came from some foreign country
also mentioned somewhere above.

Mario
Mcues...... I know this is off topic and sorry for that to the OP, but Mario, from an avid aquarium owner, those are some BEAUTIFUL discus in your avatar, that is one of the hardest tropical fish to raise, they are gorgeous.

Now.... back on topic.

Old
  (#33)
Mcues
AzB Silver Member
Mcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbmw20 View Post
Mcues...... I know this is off topic and sorry for that to the OP, but Mario, from an avid aquarium owner, those are some BEAUTIFUL discus in your avatar, that is one of the hardest tropical fish to raise, they are gorgeous.

Now.... back on topic.
Those were my F4's from the breeding line I developed.

Mario

The trouble with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
Mcues3@aol.com

i have 37 of em
Old
  (#34)
motherofpearl
AzB Silver Member
motherofpearl is infamous around these partsmotherofpearl is infamous around these partsmotherofpearl is infamous around these partsmotherofpearl is infamous around these partsmotherofpearl is infamous around these partsmotherofpearl is infamous around these partsmotherofpearl is infamous around these partsmotherofpearl is infamous around these partsmotherofpearl is infamous around these partsmotherofpearl is infamous around these partsmotherofpearl is infamous around these parts

i have 37 of em - 10-03-2011, 04:03 AM

I have 37 of these cues ready to ship , i had 40 sold 2 to a customer and sent one off to nick S free of charge for a review.

Im sure that some of these cues have had a bad name in the past but they sure have got their shit together since.

Im not a cue expert by any means , but these cues look amazing , are finished beautifully and are as straight as an arrow.

Im selling them at rock bottom prices , so please look out for Nicks review here and then i hope we can do some business.

I assure you that Nicks opinion will be completely neutral , to prove this here is a part of the letter i sent him with the cue :

In your review I would ask that you are completely neutral and in addition to your own review topics if you don’t mind could also include the following.

• The way the cue was packed for shipping
• Value for money
• Best customer type the cue would suit etc
• Look , feel , play and so on
• I would like to leave it to you and maybe you already have thought about the topics I have listed but I thought id note them anyway just to be sure.

Anyway lets just wait and see , im as curious as you all are, also quietly confident that these cues will get a good review.

Cheers

Eamonn

I have 2 from this seller
Old
  (#35)
brighthorizon
AzB Bronze Member
brighthorizon is on a distinguished road

I have 2 from this seller - 01-15-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmast View Post
Has anyone bought or know anything about the custom cues on ebay from the phillipines? Like these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wholesale-Lot-3-...item2a10900710

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...253D&viewitem=
Here are mine.
The one on the right is my jump cue. Both are straight, have 2 shafts for each and hit nice. Compared to my other customs from Ray Schuler and Bob Meucci, which are quite a bit pricier, the play is great not to mention the price.
Besides its not the stick that wins its the player behind the stick.
Attached Images

Old
  (#36)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

01-19-2012, 09:46 AM

I have several floating around here. All were from the lower quality builders from years back. The quality was deifintely not there. Now you have Bebot Bautista and Black Pearl Cues and a few others that are doing higher quality work. So you have to go with a known quality maker over there or you will probably wind up with a fancy cue that is poorly made.

Old
  (#37)
samiun
AzB Silver Member
samiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond reputesamiun has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2012, 05:45 PM

I have only one custom from there (it's my brothers cue but he don't like it, so he gave it to me) and it's not from the top cue maker like Bebot, Linds, etc. IMO, their detail is not so good as the top cue maker, it's deflect more, but it plays well. So i suggest to buy from the top cue maker, except you ever play with the one that not from the top list and love it, once again it's just my opinion. I send that cue to be modified and refinished by some of indonesian top cue maker, and now it looks and plays lot better than before.

Last edited by samiun; 01-26-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Old
  (#38)
Dannydizzan
AzB Silver Member
Dannydizzan has a reputation beyond reputeDannydizzan has a reputation beyond reputeDannydizzan has a reputation beyond reputeDannydizzan has a reputation beyond reputeDannydizzan has a reputation beyond reputeDannydizzan has a reputation beyond reputeDannydizzan has a reputation beyond reputeDannydizzan has a reputation beyond reputeDannydizzan has a reputation beyond reputeDannydizzan has a reputation beyond reputeDannydizzan has a reputation beyond repute

02-01-2012, 11:29 AM

I bought this cue from Joel Davidas and it seems to be pretty good. Hits solid, workmanship is good.

The other cues you see on eBay with all the abalone an inlays seem to not be too good. My friend has one that doesnt joint together correctly. Its almost 1/8" offcenter
Attached Images

I haven't hit a ball in months
D.C.

Old
  (#39)
Lexicologist71
Rabid Schuler fanatic
Lexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond reputeLexicologist71 has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2012, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighthorizon View Post
Here are mine.
The one on the right is my jump cue. Both are straight, have 2 shafts for each and hit nice. Compared to my other customs from Ray Schuler and Bob Meucci, which are quite a bit pricier, the play is great not to mention the price.
Besides its not the stick that wins its the player behind the stick.
I'd rather see the fancy Schuler.

Paul Disbennet
Tullahoma, TN

Old
  (#40)
Schwinn
AzB Silver Member
Schwinn has a reputation beyond reputeSchwinn has a reputation beyond reputeSchwinn has a reputation beyond reputeSchwinn has a reputation beyond reputeSchwinn has a reputation beyond reputeSchwinn has a reputation beyond reputeSchwinn has a reputation beyond reputeSchwinn has a reputation beyond reputeSchwinn has a reputation beyond reputeSchwinn has a reputation beyond reputeSchwinn has a reputation beyond repute

02-24-2012, 04:37 PM

I had a viattorre that I traded and wish I didn't. The cue I traded for wasn't as nice . Anyway I'd like to get the viattorre back. I didn't care for the shafts so I had the ferrule replaced on the straight one and a 314 made as a second shaft. Miss the cue.

Old
  (#41)
CueMaster77
AzB Silver Member
CueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond reputeCueMaster77 has a reputation beyond repute

06-10-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barking View Post
got a bebot bautista with a solid ivory joint and 2 shafts and i think its the best hit ive felt and iv had a few. nice stuff. looks great too
bebot bautista is one of the best cuemaker in the philippines. the inlays and finish product is superb. Playability is good as well with solid hit. No issue of Warping.

Last edited by CueMaster77; 06-10-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Old
  (#42)
JOEY 300
AzB Silver Member
JOEY 300 has a reputation beyond reputeJOEY 300 has a reputation beyond reputeJOEY 300 has a reputation beyond reputeJOEY 300 has a reputation beyond reputeJOEY 300 has a reputation beyond reputeJOEY 300 has a reputation beyond reputeJOEY 300 has a reputation beyond reputeJOEY 300 has a reputation beyond reputeJOEY 300 has a reputation beyond reputeJOEY 300 has a reputation beyond reputeJOEY 300 has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2016, 06:02 PM

i have an a blackpearl.....love it..............joey

MY PLAYERS

BLACK PEARL CUE
***mike webb shaft***
MIKE WEBB
***ebony***
JOHN BARIONI

my case ----
instroke buffalo leather

TRY A MIKE WEBB CUE
*****you will like it******

Old
  (#43)
skip
AzB Silver Member
skip has a reputation beyond reputeskip has a reputation beyond reputeskip has a reputation beyond reputeskip has a reputation beyond reputeskip has a reputation beyond reputeskip has a reputation beyond reputeskip has a reputation beyond reputeskip has a reputation beyond reputeskip has a reputation beyond reputeskip has a reputation beyond reputeskip has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
I'll listen to the man who knows...
I 2nd. that.

AA Philippine cues
Old
  (#44)
Vmax
AzB Bronze Member
Vmax is on a distinguished road

AA Philippine cues - 08-08-2018, 05:45 PM

Can anyone comment on the quality of these cues?

Warpage etc...

Custom HANDCRAFTED Serial Numbered Pool Cues by AA Custom Cues

https://youtu.be/RysGMhZgJrc

Arsenal:

Uni-Loc Joint
Lucasi LZE6
Lucasi L-EW20

Shaft 1: SS 360/2 - Tip Ultraskin medium
Shaft 2: Universal Supershaft LS - Tip PreciSion medium
Shaft 3: Lucasi 0 Flexpoint U - Tip Tiger Everest medium

Lucasi Hybrid LHAH5 Air Hog Jump Cue

Turbo-Loc Joint