Dennis Dieckman Memorial Tournament Been Plan Oct. 19 -21 2018

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Dieckman Memorial Tournament Been Plan Oct. 19 -21 2018 at Amazin Billiards.. Maybe 3kushn, ProfessorQBall, or Mazin Shooni could fill us in on more info!!!

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
20181019DieckmanRev2.jpg

AmazinBilliardsInside800X598.jpg

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke with Mazin today and he tells me there's still Player slots to fill.

This is going to be a really fun tournament at a perfect venue.

BTW if it hasn't been mentioned yet, the tournament will be Live Streamed by Upstate Al.

mazin shooni

Registered
Dennis Dieckman

Yes we have 14 players so far and looking to fill the event with 24 players,
We hope to get some support and to remember Dennis Dieckman

Thank you

seanandnik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Support

Where is all the support for a man who was once USBA president? I thought some NY players would make the trip, I know Dennis made cues for a lot of players and supported many 3c related causes. I already signed up to play and I am not a high average player with a chance of finishing in the money, if I relied on billiards winnings for money I would be very poor, but I love the game, like Dennis did.

seanandnik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
???

Ask Mazin if you have to be a USBA member to play in this tournament, actually I’ll text him and find out

tiger37373

3 Cushion Enthusiast
Silver Member
USBA members only

I contacted Mazin. This tournament is only open to USBA members, too bad.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone who's a USBA member can play? Or are they trying to keep things at a higher level/average than your typical scrub off the street (me) would bring?

Never played a tournament, just wondering how these things work in case I ever wanted to.

tiger37373

3 Cushion Enthusiast
Silver Member
Anyone who's a USBA member can play? Or are they trying to keep things at a higher level/average than your typical scrub off the street (me) would bring?

Never played a tournament, just wondering how these things work in case I ever wanted to.

Anyone that is a member of the USBA can participate. As far as, I know. It is an OPEN tourney. Occasionally, the organization will host an tournament which limits the players by averages. I think there's one in Tucson in January, maybe?

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

You pay your entry fee and if you are not already a USBA member, you pay your membership fee. As mentioned, this tournament is open to everyone (on that basis) and there is no ability restriction in either direction.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have they been posted here, yet? All I've seen are dribs and drabs.
The event details seem to be available on the USBA website. There is a tournament info tab there.

October 19-21
limited to 24 players (18 are on the current list)
Malden, MA
5 Breton tables
Round robin, 4 flights of 6, top 2 advance
20 points in the RR, 25 in the SE finals.
Banquet to follow
bow-tie dress code
Phone numbers are on the website

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The event details seem to be available on the USBA website. There is a tournament info tab there.

October 19-21
limited to 24 players (18 are on the current list)
Malden, MA
5 Breton tables
Round robin, 4 flights of 6, top 2 advance
20 points in the RR, 25 in the SE finals.
Banquet to follow
bow-tie dress code
Phone numbers are on the website

My mistake, I assumed that when he posted here that details would be posted he meant they would be posted here. I would have thought that making them more widely available than their website would have been one of their goals, but then again I don't know much about the fine art of promoting tournaments.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My mistake, I assumed that when he posted here that details would be posted he meant they would be posted here. I would have thought that making them more widely available than their website would have been one of their goals, but then again I don't know much about the fine art of promoting tournaments.

Sadly, most cue sports tournaments do not have any promotion. There are lots of room which if you call and ask, "What time do the entries for the tournament close on Saturday?" you will get, "I don't know about any tournament."

Also, I'm afraid that AZB plays fourth or fifth fiddle to the various other innerwebz places for the vast majority of people who spend some of their time on-line.

But pretty much all of the details I posted are in the image above in post #3. Were you missing something beyond what's there?

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sadly, most cue sports tournaments do not have any promotion. There are lots of room which if you call and ask, "What time do the entries for the tournament close on Saturday?" you will get, "I don't know about any tournament."

Also, I'm afraid that AZB plays fourth or fifth fiddle to the various other innerwebz places for the vast majority of people who spend some of their time on-line.

But pretty much all of the details I posted are in the image above in post #3. Were you missing something beyond what's there?

Yeah, the city and state where the event was being held. Those seem like important details.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah, the city and state where the event was being held. Those seem like important details.
Yup.

I guess that's why reporters are taught a list (who, what, where, when, how, ....) of things they have to include in their stories. I wonder if they ever recite the list while writing. I've read lots of tournament reports that don't bother to tell you the where or the when but Jimmy finished first and Bill second in no particular order in the picture.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure why its a surprise that this is a USBA Tournament. I'd be shocked if it weren't
Mazin Shooni is President of the USBA and Tournament Director
Dennis Dieckman was a Board Member and long time supporter of the USBA. Behind the scenes or in your face.

Membership Dues are $50/year or $135/three years.
If you're not a USBA Member and still want to play, there's a choice. Join for a full year or pay $25 Sanction Fee in addition to the Entry Fee. This will get you in for this event only.

Here's the location

Amazin Billiards
#40 Faulkner St.
Malden, Mass 02148
Phone: 781.605.2389