AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Room Owner Discussion
Reload this Page Chili Recipe ? Any out of the ordinary

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Chili Recipe ? Any out of the ordinary
Old
  (#1)
PoolFan101
AzB Bronze Member
PoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Chili Recipe ? Any out of the ordinary - 01-13-2020, 04:47 PM

The Pool Room I grew up in several years ago was ran by the same guy for 50 years. He had the best Chili and Cheeseburger around, He would make the Chili using Flour as a thickener. I would have loved to had his recipe and just wondered if there was some old school pool room chili recipe's out there

Old
  (#2)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

01-13-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolFan101 View Post
The Pool Room I grew up in several years ago was ran by the same guy for 50 years. He had the best Chili and Cheeseburger around, He would make the Chili using Flour as a thickener. I would have loved to had his recipe and just wondered if there was some old school pool room chili recipe's out there
Corn Starch will also thicken Chili, as far a recipes there are so many to be had for free on the web, try, experement, work up your best personal recipe.

My personal guidelines is No Beans, Must have Cumin, Jalapeños + Chili Powder, Red or White Onions, Tomatoes, or Tomotios if you want Green Chili. Beef, Pork or Goat Meat. I love Pork.

One of the best Chilis I had on the road was in Piñon, Colorado. It was Green Chili with Hatch Pepper, Pork, spices, and served with Hot homemade Flour Tortillas.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#3)
PoolFan101
AzB Bronze Member
PoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 07:29 PM

This Chili was thick , it had hamburger and light red kidney beans . It was made like a gravy , they called it Chili Gravy . The Chili was a orange color and had the best taste . He said that he used all purpose flour mixed with water to make a thicking. You also got a big bowl of oyster crackers . I just wish I could figure it out. They also cooked the hamburger in water. It also had Tomato Juice .

Old
  (#4)
Rimfirejunkie
AzB Silver Member
Rimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond repute

01-15-2020, 01:20 AM

Quote:
This Chili was thick , it had hamburger and light red kidney beans . It was made like a gravy , they called it Chili Gravy . The Chili was a orange color and had the best taste . He said that he used all purpose flour mixed with water to make a thicking. You also got a big bowl of oyster crackers . I just wish I could figure it out. They also cooked the hamburger in water. It also had Tomato Juice .

Probably used browned flour. Look for chili dog sauce recipes on Pinterest. You’ll find enough to get you in the ballpark.

Old
  (#5)
Thecoats
AzB Silver Member
Thecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond reputeThecoats has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

01-16-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Wickfowlers Two-Alarm Chili Fixins comes in a red box in the spice aisle has flour in one of its ingredients packets. I use it and and instead of water use my favorite IPA then add a couple jalapenos and simmer for 90 minutes and it produces a really tasty chili.

-don

Old
  (#6)
PoolFan101
AzB Bronze Member

01-16-2020, 09:29 PM

That is problay Corn Flour , some of the kits have them. He used all purpose flour . He got the recipe from the guy he worked for who ran the pool room in the 50's. He said they called it Chili gravy, I have not had a bowl in several years but Steak and Shakes chili reminds me of it and has a very similar taste and look to it.

Old
  (#7)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-25-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
The best chili for that application I ever had the lady blended the chili after she cooked and made it. It has no thickener I'm aware of very meaty and was like a paste, never fell off a hotdog. Best I've ever seen however if you do try and use a thickener brown the flour or don't do it.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#8)
PoolFan101
AzB Bronze Member

02-07-2020, 08:23 PM

I believe you mix the flour with water that may be called a slurry , then you get the chili to a rolling boil and then stir in the slurry until it thickens to were you want it . I believe it to be a old Army recipe.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: