Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page im on my 4th aiming system in 1.5 years
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
One Pocket John
AzB Silver Member
One Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond reputeOne Pocket John has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-16-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
Envision where the cue ball will travel after it strikes the obj. ball. Walk up to the shot, and aim at the carom contact point coming off the ball your pocketing. You could set up a bunch of balls along the foot, rail set up a cut shot, and see if it strikes the ball you feel it will if the ball goes. The carom feel comes from hours and years of play. Be like me telling you how to draw a ball 24'' and then how to draw it 40''. Practice and more practice.
Like Bill says here. It's a feel thing.

The way I handle it mentally is, after getting down on the shot, I feel like I'm PUSHING the cue ball OFF of the OB. I feel this in my warm up strokes and my cue delivery.

Just think " I want to push the cue ball off of the OB ball." You have to feel it in your grip hand and cue delivery.

Once you get a feel for it, position play will come a lot easier.

John

One Pocket John
St. Louis, MO.

I don't play One Pocket as much as I use to, but when I do, I play at Cue & Cushion - Overland, MO.

In Memory of Dean Higgs and Harry Sims - gone but not forgotten and thank you.

Last edited by One Pocket John; 02-16-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Old
  (#17)
Brookeland Bill
AzB Silver Member
Brookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond reputeBrookeland Bill has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Yesterday, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket John View Post
Like Bill says here. It's a feel thing.

The way I handle it mentally is, after getting down on the shot, I feel like I'm PUSHING the cue ball OFF of the OB. I feel this in my warm up strokes and my cue delivery.

Just think " I want to push the cue ball off of the OB ball." You have to feel it in your grip hand and cue delivery.

Once you get a feel for it, position play will come a lot easier.

John
I tried both the carom method mentioned earlier in this section and your “ push the cueball” in a practice session I had today. I understand both concepts better and both have their application.

Olivier Sneaky Pete
Olivier Custom Four Point
Espirito
Jackson

Last edited by Brookeland Bill; Today at 06:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: