RIP Bob Hoppmann

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
On Friday, Bob Hoppmann's wife Carrol called Rhoda and me to let us know that our dear friend Bob had passed away.
Bob was well known in the billiard world and was a wonderful, gentle soul loved by all who knew him.
Generous, thoughtful, considerate and of highest integrity, never out of sight of his wife and best friend Carrol. I am shocked and saddened by his passing,

A true lover of the game, Bob became an avid cue collector and owned several dozen cues by many of the world's top custom cuemakers.

He was an AZer as well, and many of you may know him as DukeofDBQ.

RIP Bob Hoppmann.
You will never be forgotten.

Will Prout

Last edited:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP Bob

Oh my God. This is very sad news. I only met Bob in the last year but he was a gentleman and a very kind soul.

As a collector, he owned some of the finest cues and displayed them in a manner to be admired and appreciated.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

Last edited:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Deepest condolences for this fine man and his family and friends. Bob will be missed by so many. Very sad reading this news this morning...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Very sorry to read this.

RIP Bob.

Prayers and sincere condolences go out to his family and friends.

best,
brian kc

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To say that Bob will be missed is an understatement and offering my sincerest and deepest condolences does not go nearly far enough. Bob was one of those unique people who added much to our life with his sincere and gentle ways - a true gentleman and patron of the sport.

Carol please know that Bob will never be forgotten for being one of the really special people in our life.

Paul F. Drexler
pfd Studios

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i didn't know bob well,but
to be remembered this way by a friend like will
is a testament to him
dean

Last edited:

HIRUN526

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad to hear of Bob's passing.

I am fortunate to have spent some quality time with Bob over the years....and Bob was a genuine nice man. And he was blessed with his wonderful and always charming wife Carol. They were like two pea's in a pod...always together and you could not help but notice the love they shared for each other.

Bob loved his cues and pool....in all the time I've known Bob and all the matches we played Bob always won....maybe it was because Bob was taller then me...

I remember at the Mosconi Cup in London when Bob had his beard and everyone would say Santa Claus is in town.....Hello Santa...

My condolences to the family and Bob will be missed....you know he was always in a good mood and had a smile on his face...he brought cheer with him ....Santa was a perfect nickname for Bob

Santa will be missed...

Scott
Big Daddy

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear of Bob's passing. I sure enjoyed a few phone conversations about cues with him.

cannonball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you all! My Dad really loved pool and AZB and it is nice to hear how everyone else felt about him. My life will never be the same without him.

IMG_0264_zps5qbbttnu.jpg

1014505_10201217481096917_1549223654_o.jpg