Who are the top 10 american pros right now?

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member

1. SVB
    Woodward
    Thorpe
    Bergman
    Lombardo
    Styer
    Sossei
    Deuel
    Dabreo
    Strickland

Honorable mentions for: Wilkie, and Hernandez

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In order, ignoring Dechaine, who is semi-retired. Mike would be top three if he became serious about pool again for sure. In addition, I assume we're talking nine ball here, as it's the game played at the Mosconi.

1) SVB
2) Justin Bergman
3) Skyler Woodward
4) Jeremy Sossei
5) Tyler Styer
6) Billy Thorpe
7) Corey Deuel
8) Josh Roberts
9) Donny Mills
10) Max Eberle

I would put Oscar ahead of a few of these guys. He is on his way to Las Vegas to play next week against the Mosconi Cup Team, lets see how he does.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Oscar hasn't competed much in 2019, so if he's in his top form, I've not had the opportunity to watch his play of late, and perhaps while he's a little under the radar for me. Perhaps you're right in your assessment, but in an action match, I myself would back Sossei over Oscar. It would be a fun match to sweat for sure.

Heads or Tails

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oscar hasn't competed much in 2019, so if he's in his top form, I've not had the opportunity to watch his play of late, and perhaps while he's a little under the radar for me. Perhaps you're right in your assessment, but in an action match, I myself would back Sossei over Oscar. It would be a fun match to sweat for sure.

I know Sossei is a very good player but have not heard about him in any big money matches, and that is where Oscar has quite a bit of seasoning playing all over the world.

East Coast / West Coast, would love to see it.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member

Sossei has never been an action player, for the most part. If it happens, can I get a bet on Oscar?

Eric

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jeremy Sossei is not a threat to win against Oscar in any kind of long format match IMO.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
IMO, Oscars Fargo rating is not over rated at all. It may be under rated. Big top gear and doesn’t cave to pressure. Might lack that super focus that world champs
seem to have.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad to say, I couldn't think of 10 American pro players that I'd rank as top 10. The lot of existing professional players in USA is dwindling, circling the drain. There's not much new blood.

Thanks, BCA organization, the governing body of professional pool for North America, who dropped professional pool from its agenda, selling the league and ceasing the one annual BCA Open tournament.

Thanks, WPA, for not doing a damn thing for professional pool except hold your hand out to get paid by tournament promoters so that can claim to be WPA-approved.

What a joke professional pool is today!

Matchroom and Barry Hearn is the one big hope left, as far as I'm concerned, to raise professional pool in the States from the dead.