Old
  (#136)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute
 
cookie man's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,602
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palm Harbor Florida
   
11-11-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
The bold part is a little silly. Yes, if you do nothing different from what you've always done then you won't get much better. If are determined to get better then you will start to work on your problem areas with the idea of actually fixing them. For you, CTE helped with whatever you needed.
Funny thing is i'm not really determined to get better. 7 years ago i moved to florida. Started going to the beach and riding jet skiis on the weekends. Hardly ever play in tournaments anymore. Also only play league one night a week now compared to 3 nights when i lived in baltimore. But yea, CTE helped with everything. Made the game easier to play, made me more consistent because the visual perceptions are basically the same for most shots. So you are the silly one constantly trying to put down CTE instead of just accepting the fact that it really helps the people that have truly learned it.
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#137)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute
 
Dan White's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
11-11-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Well Efren is only 5 years older then me but most consider him over the hill
You're not Efren. He peaked as a professional so there's nowhere to go but down. Are you saying you were the best player you could possibly be when you were 25? I know I'm a heck of a lot better now than I was 25 years ago and I know I'll be better next year than I am right now. I haven't stopped learning new things that make me better because I play recreationally, not as a full time obsession.


Dan White
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#138)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute
 
cookie man's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,602
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palm Harbor Florida
   
11-11-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
You're not Efren. He peaked as a professional so there's nowhere to go but down. Are you saying you were the best player you could possibly be when you were 25? I know I'm a heck of a lot better now than I was 25 years ago and I know I'll be better next year than I am right now. I haven't stopped learning new things that make me better because I play recreationally, not as a full time obsession.
That's great. I applaud you. Why don't you enter the Amateur qualifier next year and we can link up at the finals. Who knows, we might even draw each other in the tournament. Sounds like a lot of fun.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#139)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute
 
Dan White's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
11-11-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
That's great. I applaud you. Why don't you enter the Amateur qualifier next year and we can link up at the finals. Who knows, we might even draw each other in the tournament. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Uhh...what? My sarcasm meter is broken so I can't tell. Traveling to FL to play pool isn't in the cards, sorry. EDIT: I see you expect to see me in the FINALS. I'll be there, but with two 9-12 finishes and that declining game of yours I'm not likely to see you there.

I took the liberty of looking you up since you never use your name around here and are a bit mysterious that way. You LOOK like a normal guy, I think anonymity can be a problem. People are less likely to get into online pissing matches with people they know a little, even if it's just a photo or short video clip.


Dan White
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#140)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute
 
cookie man's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,602
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palm Harbor Florida
   
11-11-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
Uhh...what? My sarcasm meter is broken so I can't tell. Traveling to FL to play pool isn't in the cards, sorry. EDIT: I see you expect to see me in the FINALS. I'll be there, but with two 9-12 finishes and that declining game of yours I'm not likely to see you there.

I took the liberty of looking you up since you never use your name around here and are a bit mysterious that way. You LOOK like a normal guy, I think anonymity can be a problem. People are less likely to get into online pissing matches with people they know a little, even if it's just a photo or short video clip.
Well i've never been shy if anyone has asked for my name. It's Dave Stem. Don't want you looking up the wrong person, although i have no idea where you would actually look to find info on me.

So let me explain slowly since you don't quite understand. There are qualifiers played in late september around the country. They take 8 to 10 people from each qualifier and send them to the FINALS in Tampa around early November. 128 players in all. So when I said Finals I meant the actual tournament itself and not.the final of the tournament.
But hey, if you think you can hang with players with these kind of fargo ratings then go for it.
Bobby Stoval fargo 703
Blake Baker Fargo 714
Abrin Schaad Fargo 738
Chris Gentile Fargo 664

finishing 5/6th
David Rowell fargo 687
Mike Leigh Fargo 693

By the way, do you even have a fargo rating?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#141)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute
 
Dan White's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
11-12-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Well i've never been shy if anyone has asked for my name. It's Dave Stem. Don't want you looking up the wrong person, although i have no idea where you would actually look to find info on me.

So let me explain slowly since you don't quite understand. There are qualifiers played in late september around the country. They take 8 to 10 people from each qualifier and send them to the FINALS in Tampa around early November. 128 players in all. So when I said Finals I meant the actual tournament itself and not.the final of the tournament.
But hey, if you think you can hang with players with these kind of fargo ratings then go for it.
Bobby Stoval fargo 703
Blake Baker Fargo 714
Abrin Schaad Fargo 738
Chris Gentile Fargo 664

finishing 5/6th
David Rowell fargo 687
Mike Leigh Fargo 693

By the way, do you even have a fargo rating?
I just looked up the bracket to see what happened. That's where I found you, of course.

I don't have a Fargo rating as I rarely play competition, but I used to years ago. Never joined a league, though.

8 to 10 from each qualifier sounds like a lot compared to the straight pool tourneys where they usually take 1, but in that case it is a professional tournament so I guess the numbers make sense.

I'm like LowIQ says, not too bright, so you have to excuse me.

Anyway, congrats on the win...


Dan White
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#142)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute
 
cookie man's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,602
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palm Harbor Florida
   
11-12-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
I just looked up the bracket to see what happened. That's where I found you, of course.

I don't have a Fargo rating as I rarely play competition, but I used to years ago. Never joined a league, though.

8 to 10 from each qualifier sounds like a lot compared to the straight pool tourneys where they usually take 1, but in that case it is a professional tournament so I guess the numbers make sense.

I'm like LowIQ says, not too bright, so you have to excuse me.

Anyway, congrats on the win...
Each qualifier has around 100 people. They break it down so they can send 128 total to the actual national finals in Tampa. They used to move the tournament every 3 years but it's been in Tampa for quite a while now.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#143)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Low500's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,622
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2017
   
11-12-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Each qualifier has around 100 people. They break it down so they can send 128 total to the actual national finals in Tampa. They used to move the tournament every 3 years but it's been in Tampa for quite a while now.
CookieMan......
Is that Bobby Stovall the one who plays with the butt end of the stick elevated mot of the time and you'd almost swear he couldn't make squat shooting that way?
There used to be a Bobby Stovall in Atlanta that played like that and he was VERY good. I watched him scare the daylights out of Billy Johnson once at the Green Room, but Billy finally won it. I watched him beat Ralph Guest in a $1000 match and Ralph was top action.
Just curious if its the same one...?
Regards,
Pete


"It is almost impossible to free simpletons from the chains they revere."
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#144)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute
 
cookie man's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4,602
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palm Harbor Florida
   
11-13-2019, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
CookieMan......
Is that Bobby Stovall the one who plays with the butt end of the stick elevated mot of the time and you'd almost swear he couldn't make squat shooting that way?
There used to be a Bobby Stovall in Atlanta that played like that and he was VERY good. I watched him scare the daylights out of Billy Johnson once at the Green Room, but Billy finally won it. I watched him beat Ralph Guest in a $1000 match and Ralph was top action.
Just curious if its the same one...?
Regards,
Pete
Not sure. I'll go back and look at a video later
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#145)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute
 
JC's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 11,687
vCash: 500
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PNW
   
Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Each qualifier has around 100 people. They break it down so they can send 128 total to the actual national finals in Tampa. They used to move the tournament every 3 years but it's been in Tampa for quite a while now.

When you say "send" does that mean you get some travel expenses or something for qualifying?

Congrats on your nice finish. The only match of you playing on you tube is Sunday morning early. That's when we should play.


JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 10 of 10 « First 8910

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.