***** F/S - Unusual Searing Up For Grabs *****

DukeofDBQ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
###SOLD###

Here it is!!! Your opportunity to acquire a very rare and unusual Searing cue, and we all know any Searing cue is tough to find. I met Dennis quite a few years ago and am proud to consider him a good friend. Having spent 100s of hours in his shop, watching him work, I have a tremendous respect for his innovation and expertise. The only reason this cue is for sale is that he is very close to finishing my custom cue and I need some cash for it.

This cue was built in 2001. It is unusual in that it has no veneers, is a "2 high, 2 low" design, and has a brass quick-release pin. Dennis told me this might be the only "2 high, 2 low" cue he has built, or at the most maybe one other. It has a piloted stainless steel joint and a linen phenolic butt cap. Perhaps the only thing about this cue that is not rare is the hit. It definitely has that magical Searing hit and feel. PLEASE NOTE: Although pictured with 1 shaft, there are two original matching Searing shafts with this cue.

Please, please, please don't bother to make a low ball offer. Searing cues are rare, expensive, and this one is special. If you are a serious buyer please contact me by PM or email at rhoppmann@gmail.com, or call me at (561) 707-3854.

The specs are:
Butt: 15.22 oz
Shaft # 1. - 4.17 ounces and 13.01 cm a ivory ferrule
Shaft # 2 - 4.25 ounces and 13.00 cm at ivory ferrule
Total: 19.39 oz or 19.47 oz depending on shaft

Balance point is 19.5" from butt

Pics:

Last edited:

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Love it!

The wood (bacote) in the butt looks like it has eyes that are staring at you. Very, very nice. I've chatted with Dennis a couple of times lately and I just posted pics of a Searing conversion in the cue gallery. Tell Dennis I said hi and in the meantime I'll see if it's feasible for me to make you a nice offer. GLWS to whoever is fortunate enough to buy this beauty.

Last edited:

DukeofDBQ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Corrected information!!!!

I made a couple of errors in the original listing. First, the cue was made in 2001. Second, and more importantly, the joint is pilotted stainless steel with a quick-release pin. The joint and shaft collars are linen-phenolic.

Sorry about any confusion. The cue is in Phoenix and I am presently travelling so the description was done from memory.

Last edited:

DukeofDBQ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Bumping a Searing

Bumping the cue
Here it is!!! Your opportunity to acquire a very rare and unusual Searing cue, and we all know any Searing cue is tough to find. I met Dennis quite a few years ago and am proud to consider him a good friend. Having spent 100s of hours in his shop, watching him work, I have a tremendous respect for his innovation and expertise. The only reason this cue is for sale is that he is very close to finishing my custom cue and I need some cash for it.

This cue was built in 2001. It is unusual in that it has no veneers, is a "2 high, 2 low" design, and has a brass quick-release pin. Dennis told me this might be the only "2 high, 2 low" cue he has built, or at the most maybe one other. It has a linen-phenolic joint and butt cap. Perhaps the only thing about this cue that is not rare is the hit. It definitely has that magical Searing hit and feel. PLEASE NOTE: Although pictured with 1 shaft, there are two original matching Searing shafts with this cue.

Please, please, please don't bother to make a low ball offer. Searing cues are rare, expensive, and this one is special. Serious buyers can contact me by PM, or
by email at rhoppmann@gmail.com, or call me at (561) 707-3854.

The specs are:
Butt: 15.22 oz
Shaft: 4.15 oz
Total: 19.37 oz

Balance point is 19.5" from butt

Pics:

Last edited:

DukeofDBQ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Searing with new price - $ 5200 or Best Offer

Is any one out there looking for a rare and unusual Searing? This cue plays great, like all Searing cues, and is priced right.

cannonball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My dad asked me to measure the distance between the high and low points, and it is 3/4".

C307FD8A-FBB3-4532-88F6-C27B5D90114A-2826-000002E2D4C880D2_zpsfd859b83.jpg

Sorry for the cell phone pic, ill try to put a better one up this evening

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Ya think Dennis will change the joint to a half joint ss 5/16x14? Not a big uni fan

I highly doubt he would change it to a 1/2 joint. It will change the geometry of the cue.

Full joint SS would not be an issue.

DukeofDBQ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Update

I highly doubt he would change it to a 1/2 joint. It will change the geometry of the cue.

Full joint SS would not be an issue.

You may be right about the 1/2 joint but it would be something to discuss with Dennis. His "1/2 joint" is actually a full size SS joint with a sleeve of material covering the lower portion of it. Granted it is not quite that simple but that is the concept. He would need to remove the joint, machine down the lower part of it, create the sleeve (maybe with some ringwork to match the butt sleeve), and then reassemble. It might cost too much, and it might not even be possible, but if anyone on the Planet can do it, and do it flawlessly, it is Dennis.

Another approach, totally feasible, would be to change the uniloc pin to a traditional 5/16x14. The shafts can easily be re-tapped to fit the new pin.

MJParenti

"the Trashman"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Searing Cue

Not only is this a very special cue, and yes I have held in in my hands - Bob is as
fine a seller as you will encounter, although he is usually a "buyer" !
Spectacular cue!

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Not only is this a very special cue, and yes I have held in in my hands - Bob is as
fine a seller as you will encounter, although he is usually a "buyer" !
Spectacular cue!

I'd have to agree with both of these gentlemen. I too have had the opportunity to check this cue out in person and its awesome. Dennis makes this joint work like no one else. There's no need to change it out its done to perfection.
Bob, good luck with your sale. I'm a bit surprised your selling it though.
Dan Z