Anyone have experience shooting with a ZEN cue from Taiwan??

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Zen cues are very interesting to me, however there is not alot of postings re the hit and feel.

I have loved many of the designs, i.e. that are simple and elegant, with great woods.

I do not know if I want to make an investment o a Zen cue, as there are american cuemakers that "may hold value "better. i.e. shruggs, etc

Are they all sizzle and no meat.. or are they as good as players as a Schon or perhaps a custom cue.

I play w LD shafts anyway so I am not sure what their shaft would feel like, however many custom makes such as K. Josey have been known to have lower deflection of some type on their basic shafts..

I know Zen offers regular and LD shafts. Their website is crude and everythting is sold out.

I really like the cue's look, as the ringwork is quite distinguishing. Please advise. I am aware of th recent for sale posting. thanks

Last edited:

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Zen

I had a Zen. It hit solid, didn't deflect much, played fantastic, even better than my old SW. Downside was that both ferrules blew up on me. They were both capped and had a gap where the dowel ends inside the ferrule. Azen was good though, said he'd replace both ferrules and foot the shipping back.