Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Who here breaks with their playing cue?
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Systim6
AzB Silver Member
Systim6 has a reputation beyond reputeSystim6 has a reputation beyond reputeSystim6 has a reputation beyond reputeSystim6 has a reputation beyond reputeSystim6 has a reputation beyond reputeSystim6 has a reputation beyond reputeSystim6 has a reputation beyond reputeSystim6 has a reputation beyond reputeSystim6 has a reputation beyond reputeSystim6 has a reputation beyond reputeSystim6 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via MSN to Systim6  
12-03-2011, 05:03 PM

I play and break with a $1500 Bob Dzuricky (DZ cues) I break around 25-28mph.
Shaft is 12.75 with 1/2" micarta ferule.

Cue is still straight and haven't broken anything yet, very very solid cue.
http://www.dzcues.com/images/finishe...y-lee-web2.jpg

Old
  (#47)
scratchs
AzB Silver Member
scratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond repute

12-03-2011, 05:20 PM

I broke with my player for 20 some years,until I cracked my furrel,replaced the furrel bought a cheap cue tec with a R360 shaft to brake with.
Ten years ago I bought a JP 12mm normal shaft..I brake with it once in a while when playing nine ball,or ten ball.
I would like to find a well balanced 22oz cue that feels right to me,I like cues that are a little front heavy.

security issues
Old
  (#48)
berlowmj2
AzB Silver Member
berlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond repute

security issues - 12-05-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd2000 View Post
I have a 21oz Fury Cue with a Tiger Everest tip that I have been using to break and play with for almost 2 years, with no noticeable problems. I like my cue, and don't really want to use a house cue just to break, and also don't really want to get a separate break cue. Just wondering who else breaks with their playing cue...
I break with a house cue at the bar & someone tried to walk off with my Jacoby while I was breaking.

Old
  (#49)
ironman
AzB Silver Member
ironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2011, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpool9 View Post
I break with my playing cue, I do go through alot of tips and have to reshape them , and I put on my own tips, but I like the feel when I break.
40 years and it's worked out ok for me.

David Harcrow
40 years!!!!????? Dam the last time I saw ya was only about, gulp 35 years ago and you were just a kid. Time flies as I turned 60 only 2 weeks ago!

Agreed!
Old
  (#50)
PickPocket
AzB Silver Member
PickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond reputePickPocket has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed! - 12-06-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
I broke with mine until the ferrule cracked. Do not think it will not break eventually.
I was told to "Play with the same cue, Start to Finish", and so I did, until I started cracking ferrules, and inlay in my forearm! Then I started using a break cue. Now I love having the 2, one to take the abuse, the other to remain in perfect playing condition without costly repairs! Plus my Break cue was built for the abuse, and so far has had NO PROBLEMS HANDLING IT!

"I'm a "C" Player....C you rack, C me run out! C your C-Notes in my hand...C-U Later!"

Old
  (#51)
Posmanic
15 Rack Player
Posmanic has a reputation beyond reputePosmanic has a reputation beyond reputePosmanic has a reputation beyond reputePosmanic has a reputation beyond reputePosmanic has a reputation beyond reputePosmanic has a reputation beyond reputePosmanic has a reputation beyond reputePosmanic has a reputation beyond reputePosmanic has a reputation beyond reputePosmanic has a reputation beyond reputePosmanic has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2011, 10:00 AM

On the first cue i had i broke with my playing cue, it was a cheap walmart cue or something but the shaft cracked. So i ended up buying new cue from sears, that was on clearance. I used that thing for both as well for many years. My at the time girlfriend now wife bought me a new cue so i plaid with the new cue and broke with the sears cue. After about 7 years the sears cue ended up sounding weird so i took it it to a cue local repair man he said that there was a micro crack in the butt so it was no repairing it. It got me through a few bar fights in the navy and did me well on the table so ide say it was time to retire it i guess.

So i started breaking with the same cue i was playing with and within a month the the feral cracked. I took it in to my local cue repair got it replaced and got a med tip. The Tip i had was soft and had started mushrooming like crazy. He also said that I really should look into a breaking cue as the shaft was not meant to take that abuse. I brushed it off as I never really thought i "needed" a break cue. only used the old cue because i had it and it was heavier and had a thicker shaft and i preferred that for "more power." I was young and uniformed lol. 2 weeks later during league play i hear a familiar tink sound after a break. i cracked my shaft

So after all of that the past 7 years I will use a break Cue or a house cue.

"It is impossible to imagine Goethe or Beethoven being good at billiards or golf."
H. L. Mencken

Old
  (#52)
tjohio85
AzB Silver Member
tjohio85 has a reputation beyond reputetjohio85 has a reputation beyond reputetjohio85 has a reputation beyond reputetjohio85 has a reputation beyond reputetjohio85 has a reputation beyond reputetjohio85 has a reputation beyond reputetjohio85 has a reputation beyond reputetjohio85 has a reputation beyond reputetjohio85 has a reputation beyond reputetjohio85 has a reputation beyond reputetjohio85 has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2011, 10:17 AM

I use to break with my playing cue then I shattered my shaft and cut that out I use a finalic tip break cue now

"you dont have to post I know your good for it." Eric Durbin

"dont be nice to these bastards all they want to do is bust you." Billy Peay

Old
  (#53)
Oddball
It's your break.
Oddball has a reputation beyond reputeOddball has a reputation beyond reputeOddball has a reputation beyond reputeOddball has a reputation beyond reputeOddball has a reputation beyond reputeOddball has a reputation beyond reputeOddball has a reputation beyond reputeOddball has a reputation beyond reputeOddball has a reputation beyond reputeOddball has a reputation beyond reputeOddball has a reputation beyond repute

Location: Sitting down until I am called upon to rack the balls once again

12-07-2011, 10:20 AM

I break with my playing cue. I don't have worries because my break is soft.

:

Old
  (#54)
rustysregular10
AzB Silver Member
rustysregular10 has a reputation beyond reputerustysregular10 has a reputation beyond reputerustysregular10 has a reputation beyond reputerustysregular10 has a reputation beyond reputerustysregular10 has a reputation beyond reputerustysregular10 has a reputation beyond reputerustysregular10 has a reputation beyond reputerustysregular10 has a reputation beyond reputerustysregular10 has a reputation beyond reputerustysregular10 has a reputation beyond reputerustysregular10 has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2011, 11:14 AM

i have owned 3 j/b cues and never use them. the only time i used them was for a break contest. i have broke with my playing cue since i started playing. i see it as you shoot certain shots that hard during a game sometimes anyway, so why not break with it. i have never shattered a ferrule or a shaft or anything else like that. none of my shafts ever warped or damaged. if you have a good solid shaft on a good cue, then nothing will go wrong unless you are trying to make something happen.

Cues: old joss and Jim Odom sneaky

Case: vincitore 2x4

Cues On Order: ?

Old
  (#55)
Cardinal_Syn
Julz
Cardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2375

12-07-2011, 11:52 AM

I break with my Schon and Pechauer all the time and my other cues before. Hit's better than my break cue. Only thing wrong with breaking with a playing cue is you'd wear off the tip alot quicker.
But if I'm playing on a league night I might use a break cue only because some bar boxes have that metal lining that could really damage the cue...and I've seen cues that have had their finish taken of because of those Valley tables. Not a good site.

I complained I had no shoes
Until I found out I had no feet

Old
  (#56)
John Brumback
AzB Silver Member

John Brumback has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Brumback has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Brumback has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Brumback has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Brumback has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Brumback has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Brumback has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Brumback has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Brumback has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Brumback has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Brumback has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2011, 12:21 PM

I do when playing fullrack banks or onepocket.Other than that, no.I like my tip to stay in good shape and last as long as possible.I dread having to get use to a new tip.When I get It down like I like It,I want It to stay like that for as long as I can.Breaking can be hard on tips,imo.John B.

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: