Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Shame on you, Derby. Should be same rules for everyone...
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
JohnnyOzone
AzB Silver Member
JohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-24-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABall View Post
Darren didn't do the same thing as you according to what you're saying. You say you collected the balls. Darren only moved 2 balls and didn't touch any others when he was told he still owed one. In your situation, it would be impossible to put all the balls back. In his situation, most of the balls were still in their original location.
Yes...he did.

There was only one object ball on the table when SVB moved it and started to rack the balls - cost him the game

Walk among the living

Player: Olney Camatillo & birdseye w/ REVO 12.9
On the way: Nitti ebony and quilted maple

Old
  (#17)
vagabond
AzB Silver Member
vagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Steffensen View Post
At my first DCC I played Brumback in one-pocket, and ran 8-and-out to make it 2-2 and my break. I collected the balls, realized I owed a ball, and we called the TD and he said I lost the game, and lost the match 3-1 instead.

Now Darren did the SAME on the TV-table. They replace the balls, and continue playing.

It should have been automatically loss of game for him too... Is it because he is a world champ?

For that reason, I don`t have respect for the Tournament Directors. I don`t care for them. Some times, some of them are sleezy.
Feel sorry for your loss of match in that manner.:s orry:

Hustling in pool is an art and I will defend it till I die.

Old
  (#18)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"
DogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2012, 09:19 PM

Would love to hear from someone who was present at Darren's match and can satisfactorily explain the ruling in his favor. So far we haven't heard it.

"It's not enough that you just have talent, you gotta have character too." - Eddie Felson

Old
  (#19)
8up
AzB Silver Member
8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABall View Post
Darren didn't do the same thing as you according to what you're saying. You say you collected the balls. Darren only moved 2 balls and didn't touch any others when he was told he still owed one. In your situation, it would be impossible to put all the balls back. In his situation, most of the balls were still in their original location.
The difference in the 2 sounds like saying its ok she is just a little pregnant. LOL pregnant is pregnant and move one ball or all the rule is broke.

Old
  (#20)
or1pkt
AzB Silver Member
or1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2012, 09:48 PM

Ken shuman seems a little biased in shady in my opinion...just saying, not trying to start anything but I be been at the open this year and the derby and I be seen more than one thing that to me was a little "off"

Old
  (#21)
brandoncook26
AzB Silver Member
brandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-24-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by or1pkt View Post
Ken shuman seems a little biased in shady in my opinion...just saying, not trying to start anything but I be been at the open this year and the derby and I be seen more than one thing that to me was a little "off"
Ken Schuman didn't make the ruling in Darren's match. Ken made the call Monday night against Shane and called it a loss of game. The call between Darren and Jason was made by Bill; Ken was not even in the room so it is unfair to call him shady without even being there and knowing the situation.

In the bank final he called it exactly as it should have been.

Old
  (#22)
or1pkt
AzB Silver Member
or1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond reputeor1pkt has a reputation beyond repute

01-24-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncook26 View Post
Ken Schuman didn't make the ruling in Darren's match. Ken made the call Monday night against Shane and called it a loss of game. The call between Darren and Jason was made by Bill; Ken was not even in the room so it is unfair to call him shady without even being there and knowing the situation.

Don't recall ever saying I was there for that exact ruling I was speaking of my opinion in general as far as some other things I had seen...thanks

Old
  (#23)
metallicane
AzB Silver Member
metallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

01-25-2012, 07:19 AM

Sorry to hear. Should be same for everyone.

My opinion
Old
  (#24)
satman
AzB Silver Member
satman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond repute

My opinion - 01-25-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:

This was my 10th year at DCC, playing the bank event. Not knowing exactly what happened, or how many balls are moved, makes this tricky. Look at the one pocket rules, as they are posted on the website. I do know, when I played the one pocket and banks a few years ago, that IF your opponent moves the moves the balls, thinking you are out, the game is over. If you move multiple balls, thinking the game is over, I believe it is like conceding the game. That's my personal opinion. As for the other call, on Darrens match, it could be that only 2 balls were moved, as suggested, or the guy who made the call, didn't know.

As for fairness at the the Derby, and Ken Shuman's direction,,,, this is also, my opinion. I was scheduled to play a well known one pocket player at the Executive West several years ago in one pocket at 10am, when Scott Smith was running the DCC. After they had the draw posted, they said they were changing the morning start times to 11am. That was fine. At 11, I was at my table hitting some balls and waiting. 11:15 a friend comes up and asked if we started yet, I realized the time and went to the front desk. They refused to put him on the clock, and he finally shows at 11:45. In Scott Smiths defense, he wasn't at the desk, but this should never happen to anyone.

This year, I was waiting on a TOP rated Pro for a bank match scheduled at 10am. At 5 after, I went to the desk, and had them page him, and they put him on the clock. At 11:16 they forfeited him. Mr. Shuman was right there, and did exactly what he should have. There will always be some conflict with the rules, when you have several people making calls. But, overall, the DCC is a very well ran event, or it wouldn't have had a 14 year run. Greg and his staff do a great job in dealing with a large number of players, and some really tough personalities.

Old
  (#25)
punter
AzB Silver Member
punter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond reputepunter has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8up View Post
The difference in the 2 sounds like saying its ok she is just a little pregnant. LOL pregnant is pregnant and move one ball or all the rule is broke.
I agree. If you try and say he 'only' moved two balls and Roy moved them all so that is different, then you would really have to come up with a number that causes loss of game. For example, 2 is ok, 3 is ok, but 4 or more is loss of game. That's pretty dumb. It's either a loss or it isn't. I agree completely with Roy.

Old
  (#26)
Cardinal_Syn
Julz
Cardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2375

01-25-2012, 08:57 AM

Does it really matter if it's just 2 balls or all the balls? Rules are rules and they should stick by it for everyone. Whats the point of the rule if a ref is just gonna go by his/her discretion? It's either the balls were move or it wasn't.

I complained I had no shoes
Until I found out I had no feet

Old
  (#27)
ykndoit
UnRegistered Abuser
ykndoit has a reputation beyond reputeykndoit has a reputation beyond reputeykndoit has a reputation beyond reputeykndoit has a reputation beyond reputeykndoit has a reputation beyond reputeykndoit has a reputation beyond reputeykndoit has a reputation beyond reputeykndoit has a reputation beyond reputeykndoit has a reputation beyond reputeykndoit has a reputation beyond reputeykndoit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 179

01-25-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punter View Post
I agree. If you try and say he 'only' moved two balls and Roy moved them all so that is different, then you would really have to come up with a number that causes loss of game. For example, 2 is ok, 3 is ok, but 4 or more is loss of game. That's pretty dumb. It's either a loss or it isn't. I agree completely with Roy.
I don't know about 1 pocket rules(I would think they would be the same)but in other billiard games, one is not a loss, 2 is.

p.s. I'm not fat, thats my money-belt!

Old
  (#28)
Papa Red
Love it or Leave
Papa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond reputePapa Red has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Papa Red  
01-25-2012, 09:39 AM

In my opinion when you moved the balls it was a loss if you have not pocked you 8 balls before you opponent. It unfortunate but it happens. I don't think the refs go against the rules. If the opponent said I take the loss the ref has no options but record the loss. Now if your opponent said let's replace the balls and keep playing, it is his call not the refs.

Good luck in your other matches!

Player - Larry Vigus Cue / OB-Pro Plus shaft with Black Kamiu SS
Breaker - OB Break Cue

Collection Cues:
Palmer bought in 1968, 2 Adams early 60's, C-21 McDermott w/ 4 shafts, 3 early 90"s Schons, 3 Joss Sneaky Pete's, Wes Hunter J/B, Gilbert J/B & 2000 custom, Ted Harris, Scott Gracio (# 264), and 1986 DPK/JF Southwest w/ 4 shafts & letter of authenticity.

Old
  (#29)
ironman
AzB Silver Member
ironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond reputeironman has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabarbr View Post
Bummer Roy, but in one pocket that's why I always let my opponent move the first ball.
A very good move on your part too!

Old
  (#30)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-25-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
They called Shane on a similar situation last night in the bank final and he lost the game.

It should be the same rules for everyone. I walked in right as that happened. From what I could tell, Appleton only moved two balls. Perhaps since they could replace those balls and keep playing it wasn't loss of game. I did see that the ref called a foul on Darren and he had to spot a ball.

Maybe if Kenny Schuman was here he would have given the game to Miller. I don't know.
Moving two balls and stopping in this case different than cleaning up the table and re-racking or something.

I think the ref made a judgement call here, and not a horrible one, replace the two balls moved and call a foul. Did the other player object?

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: