Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale > For Sale Items
Reload this Page WOW Factor! Wrapless PH & Ivory Ginacue Rasputin Tribute Cue!!
Page 3 of 5 123 45

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
PocketsCalgary
Banned
PocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-26-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvinbrwr View Post
Yup, you give that cue to Ernie plus 10K and he could rework it (starting with the band saw) and make you your Rasputin.

Kevin
The never ending peanut gallery that doesn't have clue... the build quality of this cue and any of Jackson Tans cues are second to none, the attention to detail impeccable!
the ring work can barely be felt... I just stated it to be sure any potential buyer was fully aware of everything about the cue!
If you actually knew anything about pool cues you'd be aware of the build quality of Viattorre cues

Mods????? Wtf?
Old
  (#32)
AnthonyLewis208
New Dad!!!
AnthonyLewis208 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthonyLewis208 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthonyLewis208 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthonyLewis208 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthonyLewis208 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthonyLewis208 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthonyLewis208 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthonyLewis208 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthonyLewis208 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthonyLewis208 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthonyLewis208 has a reputation beyond repute

Mods????? Wtf? - 01-26-2012, 10:50 PM

MY 2cents...

Regardless of the quality of this cue or the price that is being asked for it, how is it okay for some of the AZ elite to bash a person's f/s thread when it clearly states in the 'rules' that negative comments have no place in someone elses thread???

This is the kind of stuff that makes a lot of us smaller fish on AZ sick....the big dogs are above the law and can do and say whatever they want.

Tribute, knockoff, whatever!!! If you don't want to buy the guy's cue or don't have anything positive to say then stay the hell out of the thread. Right??

I know this won't make me any friends among the A-holes but oh well....

The more time I spend on the forum the more it becomes obvious that there are obvious double standards. Where the hell are the mods in this???? Every post to this thread that bashed the sell should have been deleted according to the rules of the forum. Who is protecting this guys right to sell his damn cue without having to defend himself against a few that feel in nesseccary to piss in his cornflakes???

What a bunch of shit IMO....

Old
  (#33)
Jim Baxter
AzB Silver Member

Jim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

01-26-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyLewis208 View Post
MY 2cents...

Regardless of the quality of this cue or the price that is being asked for it, how is it okay for some of the AZ elite to bash a person's f/s thread when it clearly states in the 'rules' that negative comments have no place in someone elses thread???

This is the kind of stuff that makes a lot of us smaller fish on AZ sick....the big dogs are above the law and can do and say whatever they want.

Tribute, knockoff, whatever!!! If you don't want to buy the guy's cue or don't have anything positive to say then stay the hell out of the thread. Right??

The more time I spend on the forum the more it becomes obvious that there are obvious double standards. Where the hell are the mods in this???? Every post to this thread that bashed the sell should have been deleted according to the rules of the forum. Who is protecting this guys right to sell his damn cue without having to defend himself against a few that feel in nesseccary to piss in his cornflakes???

Well Said !!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Joint Protectors for Sale

Contact info Ph. 253-226-0932 Never text me ................ Email jbaxte@earthlink.net

Old
  (#34)
mikeyfrost
Socially Aware
mikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via AIM to mikeyfrost  
01-26-2012, 11:02 PM

Geeeeeez theres some knockers in here. It's against forum rules.

Ban em all.

I ain't feeling the Bern and I'll never get Trumped. The Clintons had their chance with me but they're the reason my cousin is still locked up. - Nick Cannon

Old
  (#35)
tipman
AzB Silver Member
tipman has a reputation beyond reputetipman has a reputation beyond reputetipman has a reputation beyond reputetipman has a reputation beyond reputetipman has a reputation beyond reputetipman has a reputation beyond reputetipman has a reputation beyond reputetipman has a reputation beyond reputetipman has a reputation beyond reputetipman has a reputation beyond reputetipman has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
MY 2cents...

I take my hat off to you Mr. Lewis! Rep to you! I hope at least some of the folks you refer to, read and heed.

Old
  (#36)
SOULHASSORROW
MoreTROLLSonAZthanWarcrft
SOULHASSORROW has a reputation beyond reputeSOULHASSORROW has a reputation beyond reputeSOULHASSORROW has a reputation beyond reputeSOULHASSORROW has a reputation beyond reputeSOULHASSORROW has a reputation beyond reputeSOULHASSORROW has a reputation beyond reputeSOULHASSORROW has a reputation beyond reputeSOULHASSORROW has a reputation beyond reputeSOULHASSORROW has a reputation beyond reputeSOULHASSORROW has a reputation beyond reputeSOULHASSORROW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

01-26-2012, 11:33 PM

More trolls in here than warcraft mikey lol, I sincerely apologize to Pockets for this because this is NOT what AZ is suppose to be about.

Take Care and God Bless,
Marv

TO YOUNG TO CARE

Old
  (#37)
thefonz
It's not me...it's my ADD
thefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULHASSORROW View Post
More trolls in here than warcraft mikey lol, I sincerely apologize to Pockets for this because this is NOT what AZ is suppose to be about.
i couldn't agree more, it's not like Gerry made the damn thing, or had it made like that. he's just trying to sell a cue.

the cue wasn't misrepresented in any way, it's not like he's trying to pass it off as a real gina.

IMHO in regard to knockoffs, tributes, etc. it's really a non issue. those who want and can afford a specific makers cue, will buy that cue. if there are copies of the same looking cue available for cheaper, it wouldn't change things one bit. when you're looking at Szamboti's, Hercek's, Gina's etc. your buying into the Brand - it's legacy, craftsmanship, etc. like buying a Ferrari.

i don't think Ferrari cares either that there's kit cars available out there. because they know that under the skin, it's a PONTIAC FIERO.

Good luck with moving your cue Gerry, i'm sure you'll find a home for it, i'll bet there are plenty of Canucks who would like a nice looking cue like that but can't buy one being worried about all the CITES regulations.

Old
  (#38)
Atlatlien
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Atlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond reputeAtlatlien has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2535

01-27-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Seriously. The W/FS section is turning into the WTF?!? section

Old
  (#39)
Buster8001
Did you say shrubberies?
Buster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
MY 2cents...

I Concur; rep to you and everyone who agrees.
What a dick thing to do to a guys thread.
Take your design theft threads to "elsewhere", or take it to the Main forum.

Josh

"Eight ball up her thight!"
-Kung Fu Master-

"Pool is an analog game in a digital world."
-Chuck Fields-

Old
  (#40)
eezbank
Silver Surfer
eezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond reputeeezbank has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2835

01-27-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
I'm bad and now the OP is punishing us my taking away our opportunity to buy his cheap copy of a Gina complete with ring pop and epoxy filled inlays.

Sorry guys, I didn't know he'd take his ball and go home.

Good news is I'm sure you can all PM him and buy that complete POS for 3K.

Kevin
This is an update to the regular forum rules.

If you are going to participate in the " Wanted / for Sale " area of AZB, your items for sale or trade MUST be pool related or strictly offered for trade for a pool related item.
Any Posts without an Item For Sale, Trade or Wanted to buy will be deleted.
"Price check" threads are not allowed.

There will be NO cash offers etc. for NON pool related items.

If you are going to post in another's sale or trade thread, if you are knocking their thread, you will received warnings and bans as with regular rule violations.

You have NO right to criticize or complain regarding pictures, prices etc.
Everyone is expected to participate in a civil manner and if there are violations,
you may report them anonymously via the "report post " button in the upper right hand corner of each post.

Either buy from an individual or don't but knocking them is not an option.

It is also strongly suggested that you use an escrow service when making any purchase.

As always, feel free to ask questions if you don't understand something.

You can reach myself or Mike Howerton ( azhousepro ) if you need help.

Reported....

Old
  (#41)
Buster8001
Did you say shrubberies?
Buster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Gerry

Rambow is dead and Ernie is not. If one wanted a Rasputin cue one could order one from a living breathing cue maker, the one that invented this cue, Ernie. Your cue is not built in the style of Ernie, is as an complete copy of a cue Ernie still makes and sells. There's a difference between building a cue based on a style and adding or enhancing it, somehow putting your spin on the design, or just flat completely copying it. If you can't see that, well then you can't, although your vision might be clouded in this case by what you are looking to sell.

Thanks

Kevin
Again, the only perceived difference is death. So a cue makers demise, followed by a "to be determined" time frame, is the only acceptable circumstance to copy his work? I'm sorry, but now you are "splitting hairs".

Did anyone jump on Tad's rear for copying Martin? Did anyone jump on Jerry's rear for copying Kers? Before you bring it up, I know these guys are a direct product of their mentors. So, let's play devil's advocate: if Viattorre had apprenticed with Gina, would this "tribute" be OK in your eyes?

Josh

-Kung Fu Master-

-Chuck Fields-

Old
  (#42)
Buster8001
Did you say shrubberies?

01-27-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezbank View Post
This is an update to the regular forum rules.

If you are going to participate in the " Wanted / for Sale " area of AZB, your items for sale or trade MUST be pool related or strictly offered for trade for a pool related item.
Any Posts without an Item For Sale, Trade or Wanted to buy will be deleted.
"Price check" threads are not allowed.

There will be NO cash offers etc. for NON pool related items.

If you are going to post in another's sale or trade thread, if you are knocking their thread, you will received warnings and bans as with regular rule violations.

You have NO right to criticize or complain regarding pictures, prices etc.
Everyone is expected to participate in a civil manner and if there are violations,
you may report them anonymously via the "report post " button in the upper right hand corner of each post.

Either buy from an individual or don't but knocking them is not an option.

It is also strongly suggested that you use an escrow service when making any purchase.

As always, feel free to ask questions if you don't understand something.

You can reach myself or Mike Howerton ( azhousepro ) if you need help.

Reported....
I have reported this thread, and all posts (including my own) not associated with the sale.

It is a load of crap.

Josh

-Kung Fu Master-

-Chuck Fields-

Old
  (#43)
scsuxci
AzB Silver Member
scsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2012, 08:03 AM

I've never understood when people get offended because of a price of a cue or the cue itself.If its within the boundaries of the forum rules,who cares?Just like T.V,if you don't like the channel, just change it!

Old
  (#44)
kvinbrwr
Skee Ball Monster Playa
kvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8800

01-27-2012, 08:33 AM

Yeah guys, I get the rules, knew them before I originally posted, knew it was a knock, and posted it anyway. The OP certainly had the right to report me to the mods and see their decision, he decided instead to withdraw the cue.

If someone posted for sale a cue you knew to be stolen would it be a knock to mention it? I think not.

If someone posted a cue you knew to be seriously flawed as perfect is it a knock to mention it, I think not. I think its protection of our community, but I also realize that not everyone thinks the way I do.

This cue was to me, a stolen design, so I mentioned it, the OP asked me to stop and I did, a few people joined in, he withdrew his cue and I thought it was a chance to say what I really thought.

To anyone that thinks that this cue's situation is somehow analogous to TAD/Martin or Franklin/Kershenbock, those situations are so different from this that it seems silly to mention them so I won't, but can you imagine anyone selling a TAD without putting TAD's name in the title?, selling a Franklin without his name or his brand name in the title?

The seller here had a cue that was made as a complete copy of a living HOF cue maker's most famous design without that maker's permission. The seller, who now states he he so proud of the quality of the copier's work, didn't even bother mentioning the maker's name in the title of his for sale thread. The builder stole Ernie's design, the seller used Ernie's name in his title in order to sell the copy. Calling that a "tribute"to Ernie seemed more than a little disingenuous to me, so I mentioned it.

Ernie copyrights a lot of his stuff, and does the work to update them and keep them current. He guards his brand, which has made him very successful, as jealously as Chanel or Tiffany guards theirs. For all I know, he might have rights on the Rasputin design and a legal claim on that cue, I haven't asked him because after the OP withdrew the cue there were no pics to show him.

Sorry to ruffle feathers. Anyone that feels the seller was actually harmed has to think the seller could have been successful in selling his cheap knock off with ring pop for 3K (a fact I didn't mention when he actually had the cue for sale).

Sorry guys, I thought selling a stolen design cue was like selling a stolen cue. The seller certainly could have reported my original post to the mods and if they thought it was a knock, they would have deleted it. He didn't go that way.

Kevin

Last edited by kvinbrwr; 01-27-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Old
  (#45)
Cardinal_Syn
Julz
Cardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond reputeCardinal_Syn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2375

01-27-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Yeah guys, I get the rules, knew them before I originally posted, knew it was a knock, and posted it anyway. The OP certainly had the right to report me to the mods and see their decision, he decided instead to withdraw the cue.

If someone posted for sale a cue you knew to be stolen would it be a knock to mention it? I think not.

If someone posted a cue you knew to be seriously flawed as perfect is it a knock to mention it, I think not. I think its protection of our community, but I also realize that not everyone thinks the way I do.

This cue was to me, a stolen design, so I mentioned it, the OP asked me to stop and I did, a few people joined in, he withdrew his cue and I thought it was a chance to say what I really thought.

To anyone that thinks that this cue's situation is somehow analogous to TAD/Martin or Franklin/Kershenbock, those situations are so different from this that it seems silly to mention them so I won't, but can you imagine anyone selling a TAD without putting TAD's name in the title?, selling a Franklin without his name or his brand name in the title?

The seller here had a cue that was made as a complete copy of a living HOF cue maker's most famous design without that maker's permission. The seller, who now states he he so proud of the quality of the copier's work, didn't even bother mentioning the maker's name in the title of his for sale thread. The builder stole Ernie's design, the seller used Ernie's name in his title in order to sell the copy. Calling that a "tribute"to Ernie seemed more than a little disingenuous to me, so I mentioned it.

Ernie copyrights a lot of his stuff, and does the work to update them and keep them current. He guards his brand, which has made him very successful, as jealously as Chanel or Tiffany guards theirs. For all I know, he might have rights on the Rasputin design and a legal claim on that cue, I haven't asked him because after the OP withdrew the cue there were no pics to show him.

Sorry to ruffle feathers. Anyone that feels the seller was actually harmed has to think the seller could have been successful in selling his cheap knock off with ring pop for 3K (a fact I didn't mention when he actually had the cue for sale).

Sorry guys, I though selling a stolen design cue was like selling a stolen cue.

Kevin
Who exactly were you trying to protect? The seller did not misinform anyone from what I read. He laid it out in detail information what the cues is. I personally would not buy a cue that is a direct copy of another work but to each his own, he still has a right to sell cues without getting bashed. There's another cue for sale that's a "Southwest" tribute but I didn't see you post there.

I complained I had no shoes
Until I found out I had no feet

Page 3 of 5 123 45

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: