October 28-31, 2010
$5,000 added
Bonus Coverage of the Geographical Center Cup
9-Ball Thursday the 28th at 6pm
Men's & Women's 8-Ball Division Friday at 7pm
Double Elimination
Rugby Armory Rugby, North Dakota
Sponsored by Delta-13, Simonis and Crown Cues

We at OTBnTV are proud to announce that we are returning to Rugby North Dakota (6 to 7 weeks earlier) to live stream both the 9-Ball and 8-Ball events. There will be Prime Time coverage starting Thursday Oct 28 at 6 pm and will continue Friday til a champion is crowned.

Last edited:

Don Akerlow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2009 Northern Lights Shootout results

2009 winners in the 9-Ball
1st Marc Oelslager
2nd Tony Weert
3rd Bruce Wheeler
4th Chad Barber

2009 Men's 8-Ball
1st Felix Beardy
2nd Carey Hafner
3rd Robert Pulver
4th Clayton Enno

2009 Women's 8-Ball
1st Rachel Wentz
2nd Joan Jacobs
3rd Claudia Martin
4th Tammy Doerr

2009 Consolation
1st Jeff Clare
2nd Bob Flores

Sorry forgot to post the results from last year.

HudsonSmith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't the Northlights tournament in Dec 2009?
Great tournament I plan on being there this year!

HS

2009 Northern Lights Shootout results

2009 winners in the 9-Ball
1st Marc Oelslager
2nd Tony Weert
3rd Bruce Wheeler
4th Chad Barber

2009 Men's 8-Ball
1st Felix Beardy
2nd Carey Hafner
3rd Robert Pulver
4th Clayton Enno

2009 Women's 8-Ball
1st Rachel Wentz
2nd Joan Jacobs
3rd Claudia Martin
4th Tammy Doerr

2009 Consolation
1st Jeff Clare
2nd Bob Flores

Sorry forgot to post the results from last year.

Don Akerlow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the poster for the Northern Lights Shootout.
The last weekend of October
To view it larger http://www.onthebreaknews.com/?p=2887
You can also watch the finals from the 2009 tournament at this link

NLSAd.jpg

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
I'm looking forward to this again, this year. I know we really enjoyed watching last year's competition.

HudsonSmith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking forward to this again, this year. I know we really enjoyed watching last year's competition.

You are 100% right! I watched last year from my bedside I had a broken foot and don't ask me how I got that...please it was just really stupid..OK...LOL

Hudson Smith:rolleyes:

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
We would love to go to some of these, but can't take off on a whim, like that. So, we're really glad they're streamed for us. I think Cheese and Mary know we appreciate all their work in bringing this stuff into our home. And it's usually clean enough that our grandkids can watch, too. We really like that, because they're over here a lot! Watching the tournaments helps them learn more about the games.

Your situation of being stuck in bed is one that I've hollered about for a long, long time. People who watch streams don't have to be people who have the ability to go, if they want. There are so many folks who can't be there, for whatever reasons. Some have health issues and can't even play pool. Some have financial issues. Some just can't be in two places at one time. Whatever the situation, the live streams bring the play into our homes and help EVERYONE have a chance to watch. We really like that. We have got some of our friends to watch live streams. They never thought they'd enjoy watching pool, but they do.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Join the Crowd on OTBnTV

Nice Cheese. You sure do good work my friend.

For those of you who haven't subscribed to the Cheese's ustream site, you may want to go here now and click the button at top right until it reads as indicated below. In that way, every time Don is singing, I mean streaming, it will pop up as being live on your dashboard thereat! If your memory is anything like mine you'll need every reminder you can get.

Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 11.31.12 AM.png

Don Akerlow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We will be live streaming the 2010 Northern Lights Shootout starting October 28th at 6 pm CST
If you go to www.OTBnTV.com you can watch the 2009 Northern Lights Shootout what is playing is the Finals.

Don Akerlow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are proud to announce a deal has been struck between OTBnTV and Simonis "the Truest Playing Cloth", to become a sponsor of the LIVE Streaming.
Simonis joins OTBnTV's sponsors:
Tiger Products, "technology never felt so good",
Delta-13 "the true triangle",
and Crown Cues.
The location sponsor: the Northern Lights Shootout at the Rugby Armory in Rugby, North Dakota.

We here at OTBnTV would like to thank our sponsors for their encouragement and support of our live streaming.
We are proud to be affiliated with the best in the billiard industry to bring to the viewers the Live Streaming of OTBnTV
Thank You,
Don Akerlow

Don Akerlow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We arrived in Rugby tonite and it was a bear to get here!:(
The weather was a pain and the wind was 40 mph, snow snakes the whole way, white outs and icy roads BUT :rolleyes: it is October and we are in North Dakota much like Montana :grin:
OTBnTV cew will set up our broadcast booth tomorrow and the Live Streaming will start with 9-Ball at 6 pm Thursday :smile:

Hope to see everyone tomorrow when
Tiger Products presents OTBnTV Live Prime Time Show
Sponsored by:
Simonis
Delta-13
Crown Cues
from the Northern Lights Shootout
in Rugby, N.D.
on www.otbntv.com

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
I would like to thank all the sponsors involved here. Don is a doer and has strove to make improvements to his show especially in regards to how your products are presented. Thank you for what you do in support and we all thank Don for the time and effort he puts in to promote our sport to the world!