Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale > For Sale Items
Reload this Page WOW Factor! Wrapless PH & Ivory Ginacue Rasputin Tribute Cue!!
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Wrapless PH & Ivory Rasputin Tribute Cue!!
Old
  (#1)
PocketsCalgary
Banned
PocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Wrapless PH & Ivory Rasputin Tribute Cue!! - 01-24-2012, 10:58 PM

this listing has been removed due to the juvenile ignorance of people who can't grasp the simple concept of "i'd appreciate any further comments from people who are actually interested in purchasing or trading for the cue"
this is the wanted/forsale forum not the debate forum isn't it??? I appoligize to those who may have actually been interested in this beautiful cue!!!

Last edited by PocketsCalgary; 01-26-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Old
  (#2)
PocketsCalgary
Banned
PocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond reputePocketsCalgary has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2012, 11:07 AM

Will consider high end custom trades, or trades + cash, lets see whatcha got!

Old
  (#3)
kvinbrwr
Skee Ball Monster Playa
kvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8800

01-25-2012, 11:13 AM

Great cue, love the design.

What's the difference between a tribute and a copy?

Thanks

Kevin

Old
  (#4)
PocketsCalgary
Banned

01-25-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvinbrwr View Post
Great cue, love the design.

What's the difference between a tribute and a copy?

Thanks

Kevin
Tribute meaning giving the credit to the original builder for the design!
yes it is a sweet looking cue!!

Old
  (#5)
kvinbrwr
Skee Ball Monster Playa
kvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond reputekvinbrwr has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsCalgary View Post
Tribute meaning giving the credit to the original builder for the design!
yes it is a sweet looking cue!!
By "giving credit" you mean the maker paid the originator for his design or asked his permission to use it?

Thanks again

Kevin

Old
  (#6)
classiccues
Enlightened.....
classiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-25-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
By "giving credit" you mean the maker paid the originator for his design or asked his permission to use it?

Thanks again

Kevin
I think he meant HE as the seller gave Ernie the credit. I don't think Viatorre gave a lot of thought about that when he made it.

JV (----I know someone that loves Purpleheart and LOVES Ginacue copies.

www.classiccues.com
Large Cue listing and cases are coming

Updated 6/21/19 A LOT CUES... all NEW

Premium Custom Cues for Sale and Vintage Billiard and Pool Exchange on Facebook....

Please do not ask me "What is my best price?".. We both know after I give you that number you're going to lowball me anyways.. just make your offer so we can both move on.. Thanks...

Old
  (#7)
kvinbrwr
Skee Ball Monster Playa

01-25-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccues View Post
I think he meant HE as the seller gave Ernie the credit. I don't think Viatorre gave a lot of thought about that when he made it.

JV (----I know someone that loves Purpleheart and LOVES Ginacue copies.
Interesting tribute indeed. The seller makes a title that mentions the brand name and the model from the guy who didn't make the cue and NOT the name of the guy who did make the cue. Seems to me someone is trading off another person's fame and design work and calling that a "tribute"?

Kevin

Old
  (#8)
PocketsCalgary
Banned

01-25-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Interesting tribute indeed. The seller makes a title that mentions the brand name and the model from the guy who didn't make the cue and NOT the name of the guy who did make the cue. Seems to me someone is trading off another person's fame and design work and calling that a "tribute"?

Kevin
Giving Gina due credit for the design, fact is the original owner had Viattorre build it to these specs because he simply couldnt afford to have Ernie build one! Hence the low price!

Old
  (#9)
kvinbrwr
Skee Ball Monster Playa

01-25-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Giving Gina due credit for the design, fact is the original owner had Viattorre build it to these specs because he simply couldnt afford to have Ernie build one! Hence the low price!
I agree Ernie is due credit for the design, after all, he designed it. I guess I just don't see where copying a guys design, without payment or permission, all the way down to logo placement on the butt cap and cue caps, is giving Ernie any credit at all. Seems to me its just ripping him off and hiding it under the guise of a "tribute". Gucci, Luis Vuitton, Chanel and others pay agents to locate such "tributes" to their work and they run bulldozers over them.

Thanks again

Kevin

Old
  (#10)
PocketsCalgary
Banned

01-25-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
I agree Ernie is due credit for the design, after all, he designed it. I guess I just don't see where copying a guys design, without payment or permission, all the way down to logo placement on the butt cap and cue caps, is giving Ernie any credit at all. Seems to me its just ripping him off and hiding it under the guise of a "tribute". Gucci, Luis Vuitton, Chanel and others pay agents to locate such "tributes" to their work and they run bulldozers over them.

Thanks again

Kevin
I'm a fan of Hoppe style cues myself and collect them, I own 8 of them all built by different cue builders! If what you say was true we wouldn't have many pool cues or pool cue builders.... they all have similar designs in one way or another! You're welcome to your opinion but its as simple as the guy got the cue he wanted in a way that he could afford!
any further comments I'd appreciate them from people who are actually interested in purchasing or trading for the cue, Thanks in advance! Gerry

Old
  (#11)
kvinbrwr
Skee Ball Monster Playa

01-25-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I'm a fan of Hoppe style cues myself and collect them, I own 8 of them all built by different cue builders! If what you say was true we wouldn't have many pool cues or pool cue builders.... they all have similar designs in one way or another! You're welcome to your opinion but its as simple as the guy got the cue he wanted in a way that he could afford!
any further comments I'd appreciate them from people who are actually interested in purchasing or trading for the cue, Thanks in advance! Gerry
Gerry

Rambow is dead and Ernie is not. If one wanted a Rasputin cue one could order one from a living breathing cue maker, the one that invented this cue, Ernie. Your cue is not built in the style of Ernie, is as an complete copy of a cue Ernie still makes and sells. There's a difference between building a cue based on a style and adding or enhancing it, somehow putting your spin on the design, or just flat completely copying it. If you can't see that, well then you can't, although your vision might be clouded in this case by what you are looking to sell.

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited by kvinbrwr; 01-25-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Old
  (#12)
PocketsCalgary
Banned

01-25-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Gerry

Rambow is dead and Ernie is not. If one wanted a Rasputin cue one could order one from a living breathing cue maker, the one that invented this cue, Ernie. Your cue is not built in the style of Ernie, is as an complete copy of a cue Ernie still makes and sells. There's a difference between building a cue based on a style and adding or enhancing it, somehow putting your spin on the design, or just flat completely copying it. If you can't see that, well then you can't, although your vision might be clouded in this case by what you are looking to sell.

Thanks

Kevin
I repeat... I'd appreciate any further comments from people that are actually interested in purchasing or trading for the cue, thanks in advance!
can you grasp that concept... please and thank you!

Old
  (#13)
rigmaster
my puppy is on the left!
rigmaster has a reputation beyond reputerigmaster has a reputation beyond reputerigmaster has a reputation beyond reputerigmaster has a reputation beyond reputerigmaster has a reputation beyond reputerigmaster has a reputation beyond reputerigmaster has a reputation beyond reputerigmaster has a reputation beyond reputerigmaster has a reputation beyond reputerigmaster has a reputation beyond reputerigmaster has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

01-25-2012, 07:21 PM

Do you know how old it is? Has the finish settled or will I feel inlays etc... later? This is cheap compared to Ernie's prices. I have never heard the term Finish Settling, is it the type of finish used or inferior wood that is still drying and shrinking next to a ring that won't? Please explain the term as I am interested in your cue but concerned about this finish and quality of materials in this $3200 masterpiece that looks like Ernie's but feels like someone elses! Thank You, Ron

Old
  (#14)
PocketsCalgary
Banned

01-25-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Gerry

Thanks

Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigmaster View Post
Do you know how old it is? Has the finish settled or will I feel inlays etc... later? This is cheap compared to Ernie's prices. I have never heard the term Finish Settling, is it the type of finish used or inferior wood that is still drying and shrinking next to a ring that won't? Please explain the term as I am interested in your cue but concerned about this finish and quality of materials in this $3200 masterpiece that looks like Ernie's but feels like someone elses! Thank You, Ron
PM sent, thanks for your interest!

Old
  (#15)
Rico
AzB Silver Member
Rico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond reputeRico has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2012, 08:34 AM

The finish didnt settle unlike Ernie the wood is not aged it shrunk.GO to tars sight watch Ernies interview and see why his shafts take 9 yes 9 years for an hours work

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: