Reload this Page Southwest update
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Southwest update
Old
  (#1)
TommyT
Obsessed
TommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond reputeTommyT has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Southwest update - 02-16-2012, 02:23 PM

I spoke with Laurie today and they are working on cues that were ordered in the first part of 2001. Mine was ordered in the beginning of 2003 so I have a couple of years left. Do the math..........It will be 11 years if they stay on schedule

Old
  (#2)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

02-16-2012, 03:07 PM

Thanks but ......... NO THANKS!!!!!!

Over 10 years wait for an average custom cue???

I don't understand......

Old
  (#3)
scsuxci
AzB Silver Member
scsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2012, 04:52 PM

If I wait longer then 10min in a grocery line I leave my cart and go home and order a pizza.You have much better patience than I

Old
  (#4)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
02-16-2012, 06:44 PM

I ordered one for my daughter's 18th birthday. She is 3 now.

JUST KIDDING!!!!

But for all those who don't want to wait www.indyq.com always has some in stock. And he has MORE than what is listed, he just doesn't have any help right now to get the images posted.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#5)
Trav D
AzB Silver Member
Trav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond reputeTrav D has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2012, 07:05 PM

I must got my email a month from Laurie and placed the order. 10 plus years later I am getting to order.

Trav Dorn

Old
  (#6)
DGHustles
AzB Silver Member
DGHustles has a reputation beyond reputeDGHustles has a reputation beyond reputeDGHustles has a reputation beyond reputeDGHustles has a reputation beyond reputeDGHustles has a reputation beyond reputeDGHustles has a reputation beyond reputeDGHustles has a reputation beyond reputeDGHustles has a reputation beyond reputeDGHustles has a reputation beyond reputeDGHustles has a reputation beyond reputeDGHustles has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2012, 08:52 PM

That is ridiculous!!! What a joke they are not worth anywhere near that length. Walk in there and get 10% over cost in cash and you can prob get a cue in 6 months.

"99% of the people that fly planes dont want to blow them up...I may of had a bad day but I'm not going to blow up the plane" -Mark Griffin on Tar Podcast #3

"I'll shoot your liver out and hand it to you" - Earl Strickland

Old
  (#7)
ARROWCRUSHER
N/ CUE STROKER
ARROWCRUSHER has a reputation beyond reputeARROWCRUSHER has a reputation beyond reputeARROWCRUSHER has a reputation beyond reputeARROWCRUSHER has a reputation beyond reputeARROWCRUSHER has a reputation beyond reputeARROWCRUSHER has a reputation beyond reputeARROWCRUSHER has a reputation beyond reputeARROWCRUSHER has a reputation beyond reputeARROWCRUSHER has a reputation beyond reputeARROWCRUSHER has a reputation beyond reputeARROWCRUSHER has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

02-16-2012, 09:01 PM

NEVER !! ......I just cant see it and I played with a number of them and I wont say anything other then they are not my cup of tea,, especially a 10 year and more cup of tea....<< ED

Numberous customs in collection
Chad Mclennan (CAM) custom cue my player ,
Mezz Dual Sport,,J/B
Lomax jump cue
JB Cases....

Old
  (#8)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
02-16-2012, 09:27 PM

You know folks it's not about the wait. Some restaurants have a two year waiting list as well to get in. It's not a big deal, if you want to get on the list then you do, and you wait. No one on the list is cue-less and the cue they ordered can be sold the same day for the price they paid if they want to sell it. No, it can EASILY be sold for a little mark up even before they get it.

In fact this is probably the major reason there is an 11 year wait. If Laurie would require a deposit on order or even payment in full the "list" would shrink considerably. Why wouldn't anyone place orders if they knew they didn't have to get the money up now and that if they are still around when their number comes up they can decide then if they still want it? For the buyer this is a ZERO risk proposition. If they don't have the money or don't want the cue then there are always people willing to buy the spot at a profit to the person who holds it.

Put an ad out there that you are willing to spend x% over the new price for a spot this year and see what happens. This is not a new thing and no one has to wait 11 years. But cutting in line will cost you just like cutting in line for anything else costs you.

As to whether they are "worth" it or not that's certainly a personal preference thing. I happen to feel that SouthWest cues play very well. Would I pay $2000+ for a plain cue though? No, I won't. Sorry but I don't feel that the cue is worth it. I respect the right of anyone and everyone charging whatever the market will bear for the cue and to some people SouthWest cues are a bargain at twice the price. Technically there is nothing wrong with them and I think that the hit is very sweet.

But again being on the list is just a thing. I was on the list, I got my cue ten years later, it was awesome, I sold it the same day. I wish I hadn't because it would be nice to own one that I got direct from Laurie but I told Joe Salazar about it and he bugged me and money was tight and I caved. But it certainly wasn't the nicest cue I owned and it wasn't the best hitting one either, based on my own personal feeling.

They are great cues. They have a mystique. The "list" and ten year wait is kind of silly though due to the market dynamics. It doesn't exist because of people standing in line ready to spend money right now for a cue. It exists because people can get on it with zero risk and the cues are easy to flip.

IMO.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#9)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

02-16-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
You know folks it's not about the wait. Some restaurants have a two year waiting list as well to get in. It's not a big deal, if you want to get on the list then you do, and you wait. No one on the list is cue-less and the cue they ordered can be sold the same day for the price they paid if they want to sell it. No, it can EASILY be sold for a little mark up even before they get it.

In fact this is probably the major reason there is an 11 year wait. If Laurie would require a deposit on order or even payment in full the "list" would shrink considerably. Why wouldn't anyone place orders if they knew they didn't have to get the money up now and that if they are still around when their number comes up they can decide then if they still want it? For the buyer this is a ZERO risk proposition. If they don't have the money or don't want the cue then there are always people willing to buy the spot at a profit to the person who holds it.

Put an ad out there that you are willing to spend x% over the new price for a spot this year and see what happens. This is not a new thing and no one has to wait 11 years. But cutting in line will cost you just like cutting in line for anything else costs you.

As to whether they are "worth" it or not that's certainly a personal preference thing. I happen to feel that SouthWest cues play very well. Would I pay $2000+ for a plain cue though? No, I won't. Sorry but I don't feel that the cue is worth it. I respect the right of anyone and everyone charging whatever the market will bear for the cue and to some people SouthWest cues are a bargain at twice the price. Technically there is nothing wrong with them and I think that the hit is very sweet.

But again being on the list is just a thing. I was on the list, I got my cue ten years later, it was awesome, I sold it the same day. I wish I hadn't because it would be nice to own one that I got direct from Laurie but I told Joe Salazar about it and he bugged me and money was tight and I caved. But it certainly wasn't the nicest cue I owned and it wasn't the best hitting one either, based on my own personal feeling.

They are great cues. They have a mystique. The "list" and ten year wait is kind of silly though due to the market dynamics. It doesn't exist because of people standing in line ready to spend money right now for a cue. It exists because people can get on it with zero risk and the cues are easy to flip.

IMO.
I have to agree, the list has many flippers on it selling the cues right before they arrive. It's not a bad investment because your only investing a phone call, waiting and making a few hundred, perhaps I will call tomorrow.

As for SW, they are nice cues and I like the style of them. I have hit with a couple and to be honest was not blown away and have hit with many other cues that were more to MY liking. I did have the pleasure of messing about with these bad boys a little bit.

GO TO WWW.ONTHERAILTV.COM FOR SOME GREAT POOL CONTENT!

Old
  (#10)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

02-16-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Lenny View Post
I have to agree, the list has many flippers on it selling the cues right before they arrive. It's not a bad investment because your only investing a phone call, waiting and making a few hundred, perhaps I will call tomorrow.

As for SW, they are nice cues and I like the style of them. I have hit with a couple and to be honest was not blown away and have hit with many other cues that were more to MY liking. I did have the pleasure of messing about with these bad boys a little bit.

Those are sweet!!! I got the same feeling when I was at Roy's place and was able to hit with some of his.

Old
  (#11)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

02-16-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
Those are sweet!!! I got the same feeling when I was at Roy's place and was able to hit with some of his.
Yeah, its pretty cool to hit with a cherry Franklin era SW.

GO TO WWW.ONTHERAILTV.COM FOR SOME GREAT POOL CONTENT!

Old
  (#12)
cuesblues
cue accumulator
cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

02-16-2012, 10:27 PM

It's a good thing there at least 4 or 5 other cuemakers out there,
or we would playing with house cues for the next eleven years.

player.....Josswest, Kikel, Rambow, Gina,Schon,
player.....Bob Owen, Horn, Schick, Kersenbrock
player.... Judd Fuller, Steve Klein, ASC, Paul Drexler
player......Ernie Martinez, Willie Hoppe, D.Jones
breaker...Hillbilly Smacker, Judd Fuller
jumper....see breakers
shooter...Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter......Spyderco-Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#13)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

02-17-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuesblues View Post
It's a good thing there at least 4 or 5 other cuemakers out there,
or we would playing with house cues for the next eleven years.
I agree. You can get a Lucasi in under a week from the internet sellers or under an hour from a local billiards store.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#14)
malidave
AzB Silver Member
malidave has a reputation beyond reputemalidave has a reputation beyond reputemalidave has a reputation beyond reputemalidave has a reputation beyond reputemalidave has a reputation beyond reputemalidave has a reputation beyond reputemalidave has a reputation beyond reputemalidave has a reputation beyond reputemalidave has a reputation beyond reputemalidave has a reputation beyond reputemalidave has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2012, 09:04 AM

What happens if a person orders one and dies within the time frame waiting for it.

Old
  (#15)
Maxx
AzB Platinum Member
Maxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-17-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malidave View Post
What happens if a person orders one and dies within the time frame waiting for it.
Then the wait doesn't matter anymore.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: