Reload this Page duty shipping from us to canada
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
duty shipping from us to canada
Old
  (#1)
randallt6
AzB Silver Member
randallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 642

duty shipping from us to canada - 03-21-2012, 02:44 PM

How much have you had to pay in duty/import tax blah blah shipping from USA to Canada?

I recently had a cue shipped here from the states, i got the seller to put the item value as 100$ gift, and its been in customs for 4 days now, I'm kind of annoyed and I'm hoping customs isn't going to charge me an arm and a leg for duty if they research how much the cue is actually worth, lol.

so what has your experience been from shipping US to Can????

Old
  (#2)
hejests
AzB Silver Member
hejests has a reputation beyond reputehejests has a reputation beyond reputehejests has a reputation beyond reputehejests has a reputation beyond reputehejests has a reputation beyond reputehejests has a reputation beyond reputehejests has a reputation beyond reputehejests has a reputation beyond reputehejests has a reputation beyond reputehejests has a reputation beyond reputehejests has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-21-2012, 02:55 PM

It largely depends how its being shipped. Often, its the brokerage fees that really get you, not so much the duty. UPS for example has crazy high brokerage fees. I always try to get folks to ship via USPS Express because that comes through Canada Post and their brokerage fees are the most reasonable.

Old
  (#3)
randallt6
AzB Silver Member
randallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond repute

03-21-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hejests View Post
It largely depends how its being shipped. Often, its the brokerage fees that really get you, not so much the duty. UPS for example has crazy high brokerage fees. I always try to get folks to ship via USPS Express because that comes through Canada Post and their brokerage fees are the most reasonable.
yes its getting shipped USPS priority

Old
  (#4)
champ2107
Banned
champ2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond repute

03-21-2012, 03:27 PM

i have had two cues and a shaft sent to me from the states for a total of three different times and never had to pay duty or taxes

Old
  (#5)
randallt6
AzB Silver Member

03-21-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ2107 View Post
i have had two cues and a shaft sent to me from the states for a total of three different times and never had to pay duty or taxes
what was the value listed as? was it shipped through usps? they didnt charge you import tax or anything?

Old
  (#6)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-21-2012, 04:43 PM

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that sporting goods were exempt.

I usually get charged a $15 customs handling fee plus GST on the amount stated.

I won't allow items shipped UPS as they add their own customs handling fee on top of what you have to pay. In other words, its their own little scam money grab as far as I can see.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Old
  (#7)
Lumocolor
AzB Silver Member
Lumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond repute

03-21-2012, 04:55 PM

Never had much of a problem getting stuff with USPS. Sometimes you get charged GST and other times you don't, sometimes things fly through customs and other times in takes a week. I've ordered $200+ of stuff from seyberts multiple times and never had to pay any taxes or duty.

Now i never want anything sent cross border by a delivery service like UPS, FedEx or all the others if it can be avoided because they'll charge you a hand and a leg in brokerage fees and all kinds of added crap charges. I've even gone so far as to not order from places that wouldnt ship with USPS.

Old
  (#8)
randallt6
AzB Silver Member

03-21-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
Never had much of a problem getting stuff with USPS. Sometimes you get charged GST and other times you don't, sometimes things fly through customs and other times in takes a week. I've ordered $200+ of stuff from seyberts multiple times and never had to pay any taxes or duty.

Now i never want anything sent cross border by a delivery service like UPS, FedEx or all the others if it can be avoided because they'll charge you a hand and a leg in brokerage fees and all kinds of added crap charges. I've even gone so far as to not order from places that wouldnt ship with USPS.
gst? dont you mean hst? we havent had GST for years haha

Old
  (#9)
mistamikel
AzB Silver Member
mistamikel has a reputation beyond reputemistamikel has a reputation beyond reputemistamikel has a reputation beyond reputemistamikel has a reputation beyond reputemistamikel has a reputation beyond reputemistamikel has a reputation beyond reputemistamikel has a reputation beyond reputemistamikel has a reputation beyond reputemistamikel has a reputation beyond reputemistamikel has a reputation beyond reputemistamikel has a reputation beyond repute

03-21-2012, 05:02 PM

UPS bends you over, with no grease I might add, and ****s you raw!!
I bought something on ebay a few years ago and the value was $200, when I got it freaking UPS charged me $115 !!!! lol I all most shit my self. Another time I bought a cell phone which I asked the seller to ship via usps/canada post, any how he shipped it threw UPS and said he put the value at $150 usd. At first I was pissed off because I knew I was gonna get prison raped on the "brokerage" charges but came up with an idea, I had like $0.30 on my prepaid visa that I use to buy stuff on-line with, so UPS comes to my door and the delivery guy told me the charge $65 !!! and even he was shocked lol, so I said not too worry and gave him my pre paid visa LOL, He took down the number and all was good

Old
  (#10)
Lumocolor
AzB Silver Member
Lumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond repute

03-21-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallt6 View Post
gst? dont you mean hst? we havent had GST for years haha
Sorry i'm not in a province with HST...yet.

Old
  (#11)
champ2107
Banned
champ2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond repute

03-21-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
what was the value listed as? was it shipped through usps? they didnt charge you import tax or anything?
last thing i got was a mike gulyussy anvil and he listed the value of it at $100 and it says united states postal service on it and also canada post. I just looked at the box and receipt in the garage.

Old
  (#12)
randallt6
AzB Silver Member

03-21-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ2107 View Post
last thing i got was a mike gulyussy anvil and he listed the value of it at $100 and it says united states postal service on it and also canada post. I just looked at the box and receipt in the garage.
how long did it take to go through customs?

Old
  (#13)
champ2107
Banned

03-21-2012, 05:15 PM

it took a couple weeks i think and it was around christmas, not sure if that made a difference time wise

Old
  (#14)
Lumocolor
AzB Silver Member

03-21-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
how long did it take to go through customs?
It depends how busy they are and when they get to your package. I'd expect you'll get it next week at the latest.

Does it have any ivory in it? That could be a problem.

Old
  (#15)
randallt6
AzB Silver Member

03-21-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
It depends how busy they are and when they get to your package. I'd expect you'll get it next week at the latest.

Does it have any ivory in it? That could be a problem.
nope no ivory. i talked to a lady at customs yesterday and she said they were just getting to my parcel yesterday and she wouldnt know how long it would take. grrrr

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: