Silver Member
forget this thread

i meant to offer a payment plan on any cue that i have ordered
it came across as a mystery cue

Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Where can I send the money, Pete Tascarella has my address when the cue is done. I prefer solid black linen also.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had over 80 customs by the top cue makers. None of them were as good as a Predator P3 I am playing with now.

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
I have had over 80 customs by the top cue makers. None of them were as good as a Predator P3 I am playing with now.

That's why cues are so subjective. Crappy productions like Predator and Meucci are great for some people. While for the majority they are not. Great offering Dean. Happy Holidays to you all.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
That's why cues are so subjective. Crappy productions like Predator and Meucci are great for some people. While for the majority they are not. Great offering Dean. Happy Holidays to you all.

"for the majority they are not"

You must not be aware of cue sales in this country, and around the world

Dedeye1209

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny that when you look at USED cue sales sights and pages, the overwhelming majority being sold are Predators.

If they're SO GREAT, then why is everyone selling them?

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually I find very few Predators for sale. In our league most of the young players want to play with Predator cues or Predator shafts. Why, because they know what is good. It is the old timers that continue to buy cues that look good and not based on performance. Custom cue makers don't have the machinery to produce the technology that Predator produces. They do the best with what they have. It is a fact that 60% of the pros are playing with Predator products.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
while all of this is kinda interesting
my thread is not the place
can't you guys find a place in the main forum

i have another thread concerning predator,perhaps you could add to that

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So because something sells well it automatically makes it a legitimate product...? I was a dealer for years I have to disagree completely I think they are so overpriced it's quite cringeworthy. Some cues they sell look cool absolutely but some are stained black maple with paper think inlays and a Ld shaft..For the money no bueno compared to what you order with that money.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With Dean, sometimes there's a touch of initial mystery but I've never been disappointed with any of the great cues
that I ordered as a result of Dean introducing me to some extremely talented cue-makers. So when he writes about
getting a cue made by one of America's very top cue-makers, you can depend on his description of the cue-maker.
I've a design in mind for another cue but I haven't gotten around to pulling the trigger so Dean's post is intriguing.
Like I earlier wrote, Dean doesn't steer you wrong when it comes to cue-maker referrals or his mystery cue F/S threads.

Matt B.

Sinsur

Registered
Confusing

Actually I find very few Predators for sale. In our league most of the young players want to play with Predator cues or Predator shafts. Why, because they know what is good. It is the old timers that continue to buy cues that look good and not based on performance. Custom cue makers don't have the machinery to produce the technology that Predator produces. They do the best with what they have. It is a fact that 60% of the pros are playing with Predator products.

Your comment is confusing to anyone that is aware of how sponsorships work.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny that when you look at USED cue sales sights and pages, the overwhelming majority being sold are Predators.

If they're SO GREAT, then why is everyone selling them?

That's sort of saying...why are there so many second hand Fords!

If you sell a lot on the Primary market, there will be plenty on the Secondary. What Predator seem to do quite well is get people to upgrade regularly(ish), so there are always people selling to buy the latest one.

I have no idea of custom quality vs production, but I was always of the impression that custom cues are predominantly about aesthetics, rather than about perfect playing quality, whereas with any mainline production cue you sort of know what you're going to get. That means if you aren't picky about design you can choose a cue that you know will roughly be what you want at a reasonable price.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

I started playing with Schon for a while, and amassed 29 shafts from every vintage of Schon, custom shafts made for Schon, and LD shafts for Schon.
The 314 was way down on the list for playability in my opinion.
I tried to like iPredator shaft because it was a really nice shaft with a new Precision tip like many of my cues, but it just didn't have the feel I like.
The Jacoby hybrids were way better, and I've never liked anything Jacoby other than their jump cues.

I know a lot of old guys who like Predator but I'm not one of them.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would Dean, but only if there was no picture, lol

Although I only play with a 25oz cue, so probably wouldn't work out for me.

Nice of you to do and keep things interesting around these parts.