Titleist equals Chess match

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Gentlemen. It was a good challenge.
CHECKMATE!

IMG_20181213_134459.jpg
IMG_20181213_134438.jpg
IMG_20181213_134605.jpg
IMG_20181213_134405.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Classic. Beautiful.

The Titlist will never die.

Definitely worth saving.

Glad it was in good hands or might have been joint protectors, a jump cue,or firewood. :thumbup:

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great work Mike. I'm always amazed how the colors in the points turn from being dirty and dull to very vibrant.

Kelly

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great work Mike. I'm always amazed how the colors in the points turn from being dirty and dull to very vibrant.

Kelly

Thank you. Me too. Just never know how deep the dirt goes. The Gentleman is playing with it as his full time cue now. That's the best compliment.

CavinTan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how does cutting and adding a handle at the A joint make it a TRUE FULLSPLICE ?? could someone please elaborate

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how does cutting and adding a handle at the A joint make it a TRUE FULLSPLICE ?? could someone please elaborate

Good morning
It doesn't, but then again. I never said it was. It's a conversion. I could have turned the old handle section down and sleeved a handle over it, keeping it a true full splice without an actual -A- joint but I chose not to because of another project I did and found a big surprise beneath the splice.
Hope this helps.

IMG_20180108_093759_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found the above hollowed section by accident because the person who bought a Palmer from this site wanted a 60" cue. It was a true full spliced finished cue. No buzz or other funny sounds. It was a surprise.

IMG_20180126_103154_resized.jpg
IMG_20180126_103242_resized.jpg
IMG_20180126_105520_resized.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you so much for posting these pics. Really excellent stuff for all us to see.

I have heard of such void in Titlists but never saw it. I have heard it can impact construction when doing conversions.

What did you do with that? Bore it and put a dowel in it?

Really nice finished cue. :thumbup:

Again, thanks for showing us. Interesting that the cue had no "funny" characterisitcs. We read so often then it is important to avoid voids in construction, but here is a (formerly) full splice cue that clearly had a substantial void and no issues due to that. In fact many would value it in it's full splice form as having that "one piece" feel/hit.

I am always interested in what we think vs what we feel vs what is true/real.