Pool School Dallas, Texas with Randy G

mrsmith1976

Out of line...again..UGH
Silver Member
This week I attended Pool School with Randy Geottlicher.

Being one of the "I already know how to play pool" type people, I was always worried that I would be wasting my money, and I couldn't have been more wrong.

I was very surprised at the amount of the information that I learned and the level of professionalism that he presented it. Randy goes into great depth to teach you WHAT you should do, and more importantly WHY you should do it. For me, that makes it so much easier to learn. The video analysis was totally awesome, and gave you immediate feedback as to what areas you needed help in and what to do to fix them.

One thing that I really enjoyed was the classroom portion where you could actually ask questions and get sound answers. Not the typical "Your 60 minutes are up" class. I never felt like Randy was too busy for me, or that he wasn't enjoying the class. At the end of each day, we (the students) told Randy when class was over. He made sure that we had all the instruction we wanted each day. And let me tell you, we wore him out the second day, and he was never the least bit unpleasant.

Randy gives world class instruction, and Pool School definately deserves the reputation that it has earned as one of the top schools in the country.
I would greatly advise any player regardless of skill level wanting to learn more about mechanics to attend. Definately worth the time and money to someone serious about playing better pool.

I can't wait to see my game in a couple of weeks...:thumbup:

speedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Being one of the "I already know how to play pool" type people, I was always worried that I would be wasting my money, and I couldn't have been more wrong.

I was very surprised at the amount of the information that I learned and the level of professionalism that he presented it. Randy goes into great depth to teach you WHAT you should do, and more importantly WHY you should do it. For me, that makes it so much easier to learn. The video analysis was totally awesome, and gave you immediate feedback as to what areas you needed help in and what to do to fix them.

One thing that I really enjoyed was the classroom portion where you could actually ask questions and get sound answers. Not the typical "Your 60 minutes are up" class. I never felt like Randy was too busy for me, or that he wasn't enjoying the class. At the end of each day, we (the students) told Randy when class was over. He made sure that we had all the instruction we wanted each day. And let me tell you, we wore him out the second day, and he was never the least bit unpleasant.

Randy gives world class instruction, and Pool School definately deserves the reputation that it has earned as one of the top schools in the country.
I would greatly advise any player regardless of skill level wanting to learn more about mechanics to attend. Definately worth the time and money to someone serious about playing better pool.

What is the cost?

SoniDJ

what's in your wallet
Silver Member
Randy G and Red out of Mississippi swung by B'ham and gave a friend and I instructions and all I can say is wow!. I'll sum this up quickly, if you have the money to get instructions and want to improve your game, give Randy a call and set something up.
He gave far more than expected and will find your weaknesses and correct the problem.
I'll share honest results in a few months, and will definitely be seeing Randy in the future.
Thanks Randy and Red.

mrsmith1976

Out of line...again..UGH
Silver Member
Cost of pool School

The school was 3 days, 8 hours a day for 650 dollars..One month later I am still making improvements. I am really starting to play now. I scare myself sometimes at the table.

cuemaker03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's awsome. Did you get to see all of his Palmer cues?

mrsmith1976

Out of line...again..UGH
Silver Member
That's awsome. Did you get to see all of his Palmer cues?

Nope I didn't, man we were so busy with everything else, I didn't ask. He never even mentioned it either. Teaching us was his main focus. And man, I cannot tell you how much his instruction helped my game....:D

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool School

I been to Randy G's School 2 times for the regular class and 1 time for the expert class.

All I can say is this, if you really want to improve your game then it is money well spent! You won't find individual instructors giving out lessons this cheap, and Randy limits the amount of people to the amount of instructors he has that day. Oz is an excellent instructor as well, and I really want to take some one on one classes with him, just haven't had the time or money. I also plan on attending the regular class again to get my wife into it and let her learn. It will be easier for her to learn after she learns all the verbage used in pool school.

On a side note Randy G., Randy, and OZ are all great instructors and all great guys! I ran into the second Randy at a Fast Eddie's tourny in Round Rock one time and he reminded me to slow down and pause! LOL They are all great guys and really good for the sport. Randy G. has taught a lot of really great players as well, he has a great resume.

So how do you like S.A.M.?

Last edited:

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i cant recommend randy g enough either, made a huge jump in my game when i did it 5 or 6 years back, still use the drills i learned and still using my class notebook as well

ArtOfTheCue

Matt
Silver Member
Is Randy still having classes? PoolSchool.com seems to be under construction.

thanks!

I'm sure he is - teaching pool is his day job. You can shoot him a PM or post on the Ask an Instructor board. He spends a lot of time there.

And I'll add my voice to the recommendations. I did a pool school weekend with RandyG and Scott Lee several years ago, and it was the best thing I ever did for my pool game.

Ironhead1970

Registered
Dallas, Texas & Randy G

I took the 3 day class with Randy G the first week of June 2017. I've only been seriously playing about 6 months @ that time. I was like a sponge just tried to get all the knowledge I could and probably forget more than half. Still do my Mother drills 5 a week. Met a guy today at my local pool hall said he took both the 3 day then like 5 years later did Randy's advanced class which was cool and says a lot about the quality of the instructor when meet other people who just sing praises years later.
P.S. As for me I ran the table for the first time in league play yesterday ( Sunday) and my teammates are saying that my playing is getting more consistent.