deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
seem to be becoming more and more a part
of the culture here on Az

This saddens me, there was a time when I could enjoy sharing an occasional
story with my family

Now it shames me to see such low rent,base and vulgar words and thoughts

Why vulgarity,it doesn't help the image of our sport.It establishes it as anything
but respectful and family oriented.

It doesn't show intelligence inthe user,it shows a lack thereof. It seems like a feeble
attempt of a small and dirty nind to say look at me I use dirty words I must be cool

You want to know why it is the lowest class of any sport,why pool can not attract
sponsors.? The world views pool as a game for bums
Are they wrong?,.

Before i quit playing it was common to see pro players borrowing money consistantly with
no intention of paying back. They were not happy just dumping us when we were stupid
enough to stake them or bet on them. They went to the skid row tactic of "Buddy can you
spaare me a dime"

Well here is your opportunity to take a shot at decency ,respect,even civility.
Here is your chance to take it out on me personally.

I challenge you to give me one intelligent reason for using nasty graphic
vukgr language. I know several sick timid lonely misfits who want to be part of the
group. They want so desperately to belong that they use big boy talk..

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

story with my family

Why vulgarity,it doesn't help the image of our sport.It establishes it as anything but respectful and family oriented.

It doesn't show intelligence inthe user,it shows a lack thereof. It seems like a feeble attempt of a small and dirty nind to say look at me I use dirty words I must be cool

You ant to know why it is the lowest least class of any sport,why pool can not attract sponsors. The world views pool as a game for bums
Are they wrong?,I think not.

Before i quit playing it was common to see pro players borrowing money consistantly with no intention of paying back. They were not happy just dumping us when we were stupid enough to stake them or bet on them. They went to the skid row tactic of "Buddy can you spaare me a dime"

vukgr language. I know several sick timid lonely misfits want to be part of the
group. They want so desperately to belong they use big boy talk.

Please regale the readership with more tales of your own con jobs, your con man buddies, the drug dealers you hung around to snap off for the dough. And dont forget the murderer you like to boast about hanging out with.

But coarse language is the reason pool is 'low rent'.

The people who formed the public image of this game, are people like you Dean. Con men, and their ilk. Not people saying 'fook' on a pool forum.

Far less than one percent of the population even knows this forum exists, much less reads it. But yep, again, vulgarity is the problem in pool.

Get a clue, and get off your high horse.

Last edited:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
It doesn't show intelligence inthe user,it shows a lack thereof. It seems like a feeble
attempt of a small and dirty nind to say look at me I use dirty words I must be cool

The above is a misnomer. Not trying to "toot my own horn" but I have an IQ in the 160s, have a chemistry undergrad degree, and work in secure communications. I also cuss like a sailor. As do many other intellectuals around me.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Please regale the readership with more tales of your own con jobs, your con man buddies, the drug dealers you hung around to snap off for the dough. And dont forget the murderer you like to boast about hanging out with.

The people who formed the public image of this game, are people like you Dean. Con men, and their ilk. Not people saying 'fook' on a pool forum.

Far less than one percent of the population even knows this forum exists, much less reads it. But yep, again, vulgarity is the problem in pool.

Guess that backfired on him lolol.

:thumbup:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member

Truer words were never spoken.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

*slow clap*

PS: Shit.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

story with my family

Why vulgarity,it doesn't help the image of our sport.It establishes it as anything

You want to know why it is the lowest class of any sport,why pool can not attract
Are they wrong?,.

Before i quit playing it was common to see pro players borrowing money consistantly with
no intention of paying back. They were not happy just dumping us when we were stupid
enough to stake them or bet on them. They went to the skid row tactic of "Buddy can you
spaare me a dime"

group. They want so desperately to belong thatthey use big boy talk..

And yet you keep checkin' in. Can't be too bad, huh? ;)

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want to ask one question

All you guys that are for vulgarity.
Do you use that same language at the Thanksgiivng table in front of you mothers,grand, mothers
wife or children?

Do you wear your shirts with 4 letter words to church and PTA meetings?

At what age do you encourage te use of these words in your children?

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now a second post and River calls you out again. This time more are awake and the complaint keeps getting called on. Hustlers, whores, hitmen, thugs, dealers, con men all those people in your stories. Just how did they speak? Just how did they act? Not in your imagination, but real life. Bottom line, you entertain yourself writing vulgar stories about vulgar people. But you are offended by a tee shirt? How many people did a shirt beat up? Get real, perhaps you're part of the problem, not the solution.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is a beautiful game played by kings and grifters alike, each with their own speech.

Internet forums are mostly dudes on computers and phones. The language used here is really just reflective of this forum. I’m not expecting people to wear vests just to post. That said, there should be forum code of conduct and if any specific post violates that then the moderators should address it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those people were about the same as you guys just more money to lose

Every pool player who gambles high will admit that unless the pool room
is fed on money from ythe underworld pimps,bookies,drug dealers,and crooks
there is not much money to win

I have admitted to playing these guys and wanna be pool hustlers almost exclusively.

When people called me to play straight businessmen and friends,I have declined
to come win that money

Yes,I played poker and had no choice of who sat down to play. I broke a lot
of those guys playing poker,but when i saw them cry about facing moma,I have returned many a dollar and a lecture

Why are you guys attacking me, i admitted to being a hustler of hustlers and crooks.
No one ever accused me of being one,I just took their ill gotten gains.

Yesterday my grandson said I bet I can hit a homer off you. We play baseball every week. I gave him a huge lecture on the evils of gambling. His mom looked on approvingly.

I won so much .,so often, so easily that I never realized I was losing my life in the company of gamblers,when I should have spent more time at home.

you asked,what kind of language did they use?
Vulgar,nasty, , the same as i complain about here

I never said I was not used to hearing it, i just hate to expose myself and family to it now

It is unusual to get an answer,Why do you do it?

What is in it for you?

If you don't cuss in front of mom,why on a public forum where mom might read it

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When angry count four; when very angry, swear. There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that. Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. -Mark Twain

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I just want to ask one question

All you guys that are for vulgarity.
Do you use that same language at the Thanksgiivng table in front of you mothers,grand, mothers
wife or children?

Do you wear your shirts with 4 letter words to church and PTA meetings?

At what age do you encourage te use of these words in your children?

Is a web forum about billiards the Thanksgiving table?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
The above is a misnomer. Not trying to "toot my own horn" but I have an IQ in the 160s, have a chemistry undergrad degree, and work in secure communications. I also cuss like a sailor. As do many other intellectuals around me.

Excellent post. It's a common misnomer that we sailor-mouthed people have a limited vocabulary or a lack of intelligence. If anything, we have a better understanding and a wider range of usage when it comes to language and expressing ourselves.

Nothing is more phony than hearing or reading things that don't match up with reality. A good example is in the 1st chapter of a pool novel I recently purchased, which I won't name here. But in the story a guy was firing air barrels and ran out of the poolhall owing money. I think he was hiding in a tree when the people he owed came out looking for him. Then the player that got stiffed comes back into the poolhall, very angry, and the writer wrote that this guy came in and yelled the "f-word". That's how he wrote it, and that's when I quit reading the book. If your character comes storming in and yells something, tell me what he yelled. If you can't write f*** when your character actually yells the word, it's not a believable story. It may actually be a good story, but things like this are just silly enough to make it unrealistic to me, like a fairytale character in a fantasy world instead a real gambler in a poolhall.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is the billiard forum a thansgiving table with those we respect

No it is not,but if you would be showing disrespect by using bad words with mom,why use them at all?

conscience instructs us not to act that way in front of mom because it is wrong

why insult others?

I

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

story with my family

Are they wrong?,.

spaare me a dime"

group. They want so desperately to belong thatthey use big boy talk..

I spent more time at home than I did playing pool. I am a lousy pool player, but I certainly have fewer scars, and even less regrets. ;)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
learning by example

I don't think it makes a rat's ass one way or another about pool but foul language is a top down thing in our culture. We listen to the radio, we hear language that would have gotten our mouths washed out with soap almost all the way through our teens. We would have been told to take that language outside even as young adults. Now we listen to some sweet young thing on TV doing an interview and every other word is "fukcer" or mf, it has lost any shock value and just reveals a limited working vocabulary.

When foul language first hit comedy it was fresh and shocking, got laughs. Now, every comedian uses junior high school language, no shock value and it isn't funny anymore.

The older generation learned this language in jr high school and got bored with it a few years later. I wish it would go out of style simply because it impedes communication rather than enhances it.

There was a time when it might have had the power to hurt pool. Now, it is the same language that celebrities use and nobody cares.

Reminds me, a couple yuppie types, late twenties, early thirties, came into the definitely low rent pool hall I was in a few years back in a pretty rough area. Great hall, the area was lacking. The yuppies were a little too loud and the profanity fell very unnaturally from their mouths, obviously not their everyday language. Plenty of room in the place but they set up shop next to me. My case was laying on the table where I could get to the side pouches if I needed to. One fine young cannibal put a dripping water bottle against my tooled leather case. I moved it. He put it against the case again. I moved it. He put it against the case again. All this in a span of five minutes or so. I walked over and picked up the almost full bottle of water. Taking a couple of long steps I hummed it into the bottom of a large open garbage can at close to ninety miles an hour.

"I would have moved it."

"I moved it, twice!"

One went and bought new water and they found a different table to put it on.

Jerks like that who think they are slumming when they come to a pool hall do more to harm pool than anything the regulars do. If I had to put up with them on a regular basis I would find another place to play.

Hu

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is the billiard forum a thansgiving table with those we respect

No it is not,but if you would be showing disrespect by using bad words with mom,why use them at all?

conscience instructs us not to act that way in front of mom because it is wrong

why insult others?

I

Dean … this is a pool forum, not a family oriented site.

Happy Holiday's M'Fer !!!!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Normal conversation is an intricate mix of verbal and visual. Facial expressions and hand movements are lost on the interwebz so sometimes you have to get a bit creative to impregnate your sentence with a certain meaning.

I play pool with my mom :) she’s a 3 that refuses to spend time on her stroke. Makes me want to cuss up a storm sometimes. I do cuss around her but never at her of course, although I try to tone it down a bit when I’m around her.