Kamui chalks doing recall

RackOnTour

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some info for you.

the presence of bubbles are an indication that the chalk mixture was poured into a mold in a liquid form, unlike other brands of chalk that are pressed/formed as a somewhat dry mix.

there are inherent issues with this type of production process, the least of which is bubbles. there are more.

for example, there is also the issue of consistency from the 'top' of a cube to the 'bottom'. keeping various sized particles suspended in a liquid mix is very tricky to do, especially while the mix is drying or 'setting'. the heavier particles tend to settle, creating a denser cube at the bottom.

this can (partially) explain a particular cube appearing to 'change' over time, as you grind closer to the bottom.

While this may be an issue for ordinary chalk, it is NOT an issue with a Kamui block.
They are made from a completely synthetic compound. Each particle is the same size and weight. It was devised specifically to achieve a consistency that was NOT present in other chalks.
This still does not answer the question of why someone would freeze chalk. Any talk about temperatures in Northern regions is conjecture. Kamui actually had complaints from people who noticed a change after they froze it.

Go figure!

runout68

Registered
I have the magnetic Kamui chalk holder.for about three months.
The rubber part that holds the magnet and chalk has become very soft
and when I pull the chalk of the other magnet it pulls OUT the magnet in
in the chalk holder. Anyone else having this problem???
Have a way to rig it so it wont do this. BUT I PAID $50 bucks for this thing.
And I feel like they should replace it for free. Little ticked off.
Ron A

runout68

Registered
Oh I forgot. I also have a Kamui glove that after wearing it three times has a tear where it is stitched.
My hands I would think is average size and not large not small. Is Kamui products usually this bad?
Ron A

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
C'mon now...more suckers than that

LOL.

But, for the record I was NOT in the chalk game back in 2012 when I made that comment. I won't and I don't disparage my competition. That being said, there have not been any recalls of Magic Chalk ;) With a money back guarantee there does not have to be, i'd just refund their money.... actually, i'd refund it for no reason at all, we have a no questions asked policy. If you don't like it, you get you MONEY back. Only chalk with a lifetime guarantee*

* Except due to normal wear and tear :)

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I have the magnetic Kamui chalk holder.for about three months.
The rubber part that holds the magnet and chalk has become very soft
and when I pull the chalk of the other magnet it pulls OUT the magnet in
in the chalk holder. Anyone else having this problem???
Have a way to rig it so it wont do this. BUT I PAID $50 bucks for this thing.
And I feel like they should replace it for free. Little ticked off.
Ron A

Sorry no experience with that chalk holder. I tried a magnetic one once and lost it the first day :)

As far as gloves, mine rip easily if I’m not careful. I’ve tried the Kamui and predator, more expensive “nicer” ones and they do it too. If your hand is sweaty at all or any time really just make sure you take it off slow and careful.

And a pro tip for azb..this thread is from twenty oh twelve and about something slightly different, your post will get lost in the mix this way.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
should be a quick recall.... how many piece of chalk did they sell, 4 ? maybe 5 tops :rolleyes:

That is totally cruel & incentive your remarks about sales of 4 to 5 pieces. More people then that plucked down good money for their product.

I actually think a recall on Pool Chalk is funny & over the top, but at the price you have to pay for Kamui it is correct, for a problem with a product.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Chalk

Just sharing
Well here in the Philppines, Kamui chalks have been doing recalls of unused seal chalks for the red and blue, they currently change packaging from silver to white. I have benifited from this since they replace 10 pieces of my red chalks. Does anyone know about this matter?

I have never tried this chalk. What makes it worth $25.00 per cube. I always use Master Chalk and it works fine. If Kamui chalks makes a difference, what is it. Is this difference "real" or "perceived?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I have never tried this chalk. What makes it worth $25.00 per cube. I always use Master Chalk and it works fine. If Kamui chalks makes a difference, what is it. Is this difference "real" or "perceived?

Definite real difference. BUT. It makes a terrible mess on the table and the balls. You can’t chalk with it after every shot (part of the appeal to some) or else you’ll have a ridiculous terrible mess and you’ll burn through the 25 bucks too quick.

I’ve had a piece for like 2 years, barely used lol. But at the risk of sounding like a salesman there were some times when I hit way off my mark and should’ve miscued and I swear I caught some grab with like a 64th of the tip.

All in all...stick with master chalk or the predator 1080 since it wears nicely for those who don’t Drill

I realized I went rant without fully addressing - the difference is the grain size maybe? It doesn’t feel anything like master chalk, it’s almost like a putty (but not really?) when you rub it on the tip

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol I don’t know what you people are doing. You chalk once before each rack. you wipe a light layer of chalk on your tip. I play at my home 4 or 5 days a week with no more mess then I have with any chalk. Now I enjoy only chalking before the game and not during ... you may like it because it slows you down a bit or it’s part of your Pre shot routine and that’s fine but as long your not turning the tip into the chalk like your drilling for oil you won’t have any mess lol I think people just over chalk .

I think the worst mess I see on a pool table is a friend who always insisted on using tan master chalk and it was a crazy mess on the table so don’t tell me master chalk can’t make a mess.

Definite real difference. BUT. It makes a terrible mess on the table and the balls. You can’t chalk with it after every shot (part of the appeal to some) or else you’ll have a ridiculous terrible mess and you’ll burn through the 25 bucks too quick.

I’ve had a piece for like 2 years, barely used lol. But at the risk of sounding like a salesman there were some times when I hit way off my mark and should’ve miscued and I swear I caught some grab with like a 64th of the tip.

All in all...stick with master chalk or the predator 1080 since it wears nicely for those who don’t Drill

I realized I went rant without fully addressing - the difference is the grain size maybe? It doesn’t feel anything like master chalk, it’s almost like a putty (but not really?) when you rub it on the tip

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

You can pluck down about $4 a cube for Magic Chalk. If you don't like it, you'll get your money back, plus shipping cost !! And actually, MC was rated higher than Kamui in the chalk tests by Dr. Dave. Kamui is still very good chalk, but I think MC has an edge and is a better value at about $4 a cube ;)

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Lol I don’t know what you people are doing. You chalk once before each rack. you wipe a light layer of chalk on your tip. I play at my home 4 or 5 days a week with no more mess then I have with any chalk. Now I enjoy only chalking before the game and not during ... you may like it because it slows you down a bit or it’s part of your Pre shot routine and that’s fine but as long your not turning the tip into the chalk like your drilling for oil you won’t have any mess lol I think people just over chalk .

I think the worst mess I see on a pool table is a friend who always insisted on using tan master chalk and it was a crazy mess on the table so don’t tell me master chalk can’t make a mess.

Any chalk colored differently from the cloth will show up like mad and make you think somethings up but it’s always like that, you just don’t normally see it cuz the chalk matches. Kamui just left a different type of chalk mark on the table but most of all on the cue ball and eventually the other balls. They got too chalky for my tastes. Even with having to restrain myself to a chalk before each game I still had the mess.

Now I have a “great white chalk” that I found on the floor. I love the feel of it, a real solid piece of chalk and it worked well at first, though definitely messy. Now though after a few days with it I seem to be miscuing a lot. And I look at my tip and the Hardwood Floor spot on my tip isn’t even on the edge like normal, it’s like on the meat of the tip. It doesn’t even seem possible to miscue with that spot hitting CB.

Hep!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

All chalk makes some mess. But nothing like this overpriced crap. Master is easy to clean up but this crap is a pain in the ass. But if its what you like then its what you like, so go for it. I fish all Stella reels. Stradic's would work just fine, but I like the overpriced Stella's better. So I get what you're saying.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Now I have a “great white chalk”...
...after a few days with it I seem to be miscuing a lot.
I wouldn't use one of these pasty chalks even if they cost less than Masters and didn't make a mess. I like knowing that my tip is chalked for every shot - if I don't chalk before each shot, then the only time I know I need more is when I've already miscued.

pj
chgo

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't use one of these pasty chalks even if they cost less than Masters and didn't make a mess. I like knowing that my tip is chalked for every shot - if I don't chalk before each shot, then the only time I know I need more is when I've already miscued.

pj
chgo

Yeah my last piece of 1080 is halfway gone and I found that giant chunk of great white laying around and figured I could get by for a good while before buying chalk again. Lol..I’ve been trying to save money and cut out all leaks big and small but perhaps I can splurge 10 bucks for some decent chalk because like you, I like to chalk up. It’s part of my process.

Anyone want a big piece of chalk? 25% discount, works great! Almost no miscues!!

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can pluck down about $4 a cube for Magic Chalk. If you don't like it, you'll get your money back, plus shipping cost !! And actually, MC was rated higher than Kamui in the chalk tests by Dr. Dave. Kamui is still very good chalk, but I think MC has an edge and is a better value at about $4 a cube ;)

Datapoint: I got Master chalk for 50ȼ a cube, shipped, when I bought 2 boxes, totaling 24 cubes, on Amazon.

(Truth is, it's far too much chalk for one home table.)

p.s. Is Silver Cup chalk any good?

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Datapoint: I got Master chalk for 50ȼ a cube, shipped, when I bought 2 boxes, totaling 24 cubes, on Amazon.

(Truth is, it's far too much chalk for one home table.)

p.s. Is Silver Cup chalk any good?

I find silver cup to be inferior to masters.
I have had a box for 10 years that collects dust.
It doesn't seem to adhere to the tip as well
as masters to me.