The Best Cash Game Player From the US

SpencerM

Registered
Who is considered the best cash game player, in the United States today? It is my understanding that Dennis Orcollo is widely considered the best cash game player in the world. Is there anybody from the US that could compete with him?

My source: perhaps it's a bit outdated, but a GREAT read non-the-less.

Enjoy!

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...-espn-magazine

Last edited:

Wally83

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose the game and format matter most, that being said I just watched Billy Thorpe beat him handily in 11 ball banks at the Carom Room in Beloit for $9k. Playing even. So the answer is, yes players from the states can definitely compete with him. As far as who is the best cash player in the states, that will always be a very opinionated choice. My choice is always SVB.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is considered the best cash game player, in the United States today? It is my understanding that Dennis Orcollo is widely considered the best cash game player in the world. Is there anybody from the US that could compete with him?
Billy Thorpe beat Orcollo playing banks for the cash

Tony Chohan beat Orcollo playing one pocket for the cash

Shane Van Boening was going to play Orcollo 10 ball for 50k but Orcollo's backer backed out of the match last minute

So yes there are players in the US that can compete with Dennis but the line of players waiting to play him any 9 or 10 ball for the cash is very short lol

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Shane Van Boening was going to play Orcollo 10 ball for 50k but Dennis and his backer backed out of the match last minute

That's because Shane was going to be using a lot of english.....
.....and Dennis was using French....:cool:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

SVB is the best cash player in America.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes indeed!!!

Billy Thorpe beat Orcollo playing banks for the cash

Tony Chohan beat Orcollo playing one pocket for the cash

Shane Van Boening was going to play Orcollo 10 ball for 50k but Orcollo's backer backed out of the match last minute

So yes there are players in the US that can compete with Dennis but the line of players waiting to play him any 9 or 10 ball for the cash is very short lol

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would say SVB for sure......and I agree i think the players willing to match up even on there own dime w/Dennis in any type of rotation game is very limited

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Seriously?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I think we heard a story about some player from Florida who had to show Dennis quite a bit of mercy one year at DCC.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Well Flakes robbed him prop betting at DCC as well. Like others have said. Not more than a few standing in line for a shot though.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Shane is the best. He thumped Dennis so bad I kind of felt sorry for him.

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is very beatable as long as he's not manipulating the rack, pattern racking and things like that. When his is manipulating the rack, he looks as good as Mike Dechaine, his teacher.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1 pocket

Playing one pocket for the cash I'll take Alex the loin any day he's got a lot of heart and he'll put up his own money. But 10 ball it's hard to go against Svb.

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
Dennis is in town this weekend... I'll ask him if he thinks Shane is the best US money player and get back to ya'll. :wink: