Starting treatment on Monday

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
You don't need to explain anything. You've done a great job setting a good example for others. It helps to talk openly about things. AZB has also set a good example of how powerful community support can be in helping give individuals strength to help them in their fights.

I hope you get as healthy as possible and remain strong into the future.

Godspeed,
Dave

Thank you, Dave. You're absolutely right, all this has helped tremendously.

I deeply appreciate the sentiments and thank you once again.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I can respect that sir. Even if i dont agree with you.

I dont think your just just average from your attitude sir.

Either way, hats off, and Godspeed!

Thanks again, Jeff. Don't think I don't appreciate every single word. I do. It's just embarrassing is all...:wink:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks again, Jeff. Don't think I don't appreciate every single word. I do. It's just embarrassing is all...:wink:

I understand sir. Ive lost oved ones to cancer. It ain't no damn joke, as you know.

Also, it changes you after experiencing it, im going through it now myself. Its not me that has it this time but, its someone thats near and dear to me.

My thoughts, actions etc...etc have been a little off this time around. Even moreso than last time i had to go through it.

Regardless what anyone "thinks".....until they "actually live it", they dont know anything about, just just think they do.

Much, much respect sir.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I understand sir. Ive lost oved ones to cancer. It ain't no damn joke, as you know.

Also, it changes you after experiencing it, im going through it now myself. Its not me that has it this time but, its someone thats near and dear to me.

My thoughts, actions etc...etc have been a little off this time around. Even moreso than last time i had to go through it.

Regardless what anyone "thinks".....until they "actually live it", they dont know anything about, just just think they do.

Much, much respect sir.

Keep that "Nothing Gets To This One I Love" attitude, Jeff. I can tell you first hand, it's isn't so much the *doubt* that eats away at the person being affected. It's more the **fear**. And usually, the people that show the most fear ( and it's certainly a natural reaction ) are the people around them, i.e. family and friends. I learned the first time around, you cannot show any fear. Cancer feeds on stress and the stress almost always comes from fear of the unknown. I never had a doubt in 07 that I was going to be fine. I never "reasoned it out", I never "weighed the odds", etc... it simply never occurred to me that I was ever going to be anything other than "ok". Same with this time. And the biggest stress factor in this entire process is for my wife. She KNOWS I'll be ok, but there is always that tiny part of her that knows the fear that I might NOT be "OK". And it's hard on her. Very hard. But all in all, we're all doing just fine. It's a long, drawn-out process that is, all things told, a major pain in the a55. But going through it all certainly beats the alternative.

I've no idea who it is you're referring to, but you have my absolute best wishes for them. And if you want my opinion? They'll be fine. Just be as sure of that, for them, as you are that you'll wake up tomorrow morning...

Thanks again, Jeff.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep that "Nothing Gets To This One I Love" attitude, Jeff. I can tell you first hand, it's isn't so much the *doubt* that eats away at the person being affected. It's more the **fear**. And usually, the people that show the most fear ( and it's certainly a natural reaction ) are the people around them, i.e. family and friends. I learned the first time around, you cannot show any fear. Cancer feeds on stress and the stress almost always comes from fear of the unknown. I never had a doubt in 07 that I was going to be fine. I never "reasoned it out", I never "weighed the odds", etc... it simply never occurred to me that I was ever going to be anything other than "ok". Same with this time. And the biggest stress factor in this entire process is for my wife. She KNOWS I'll be ok, but there is always that tiny part of her that knows the fear that I might NOT be "OK". And it's hard on her. Very hard. But all in all, we're all doing just fine. It's a long, drawn-out process that is, all things told, a major pain in the a55. But going through it all certainly beats the alternative.

I've no idea who it is you're referring to, but you have my absolute best wishes for them. And if you want my opinion? They'll be fine. Just be as sure of that, for them, as you are that you'll wake up tomorrow morning...

Thanks again, Jeff.

Yes sir!!!!! Spot on!!!!!

M, if you actually want us to not make certain comments about you, well, your gonna have to stop being "that guy". Everyone knows what im saying. The guy, the person, the husband, the friend, well, the "man" thats being kicked, bit, emotionally drained but, picks himself up "and then", helps the man beside him eventhough most wonder how he's even able to stay positive enough for himself much less others around him.

Well, like i said before:

Its hard to hide qualities like that. Especially in times like this.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As stupid or "schmaltzy" as it sounds, I really do believe we are all in this together, Jeff. We're all only on this planet for a few seconds so why not try to help each other as much as we can. And I also believe the more you help someone else, the more you're actually helping yourself. We have a TON of *SERIOUS* issues in this life these days and I don't think any of them are going to be solved by allowing ourselves to be marginalized and alienated from each other. We all have SO MUCH MORE in *common* than we have things that pry us apart.

Well... enough of the soap box.

But I know you understand what I mean...

Its a soap box but, its one that not many like to stand on.

Good post sir!

Jeff

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't beat yourself up too much, DM... sometimes the most difficult position is the one where we are off to the side, helpless to really do anything or make any real difference, no matter how much we want to. Everyone does that of which they're capable. Being on the sideline is oft times, by FAR the most stressful. And at the end of the day, and I'm quite sure both your mom and dad would have agreed, over the course of your life, you showed yourself to be a good son countless times...

Thanks. They were very appreciative for sure. Loved them both very much and miss them terribly but I will be ok.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
michael
you are one incredible and inspirational person.
your attitude when facing adversity is what everyone should try to emulate.
what you are going thru has made me put some of my "problems" in perspective.
this thread should be a sticky so that future azb'ers can be inspired.
cant wait till i read your post that you are cured .......:)
larry

Michael Andros

Silver Member
michael
you are one incredible and inspirational person.
your attitude when facing adversity is what everyone should try to emulate.
what you are going thru has made me put some of my "problems" in perspective.
this thread should be a sticky so that future azb'ers can be inspired.
cant wait till i read your post that you are cured .......:)
larry

It's people like you, Larry, that give me hope. You've been very kind to me for no other reason than you wanted to be. That's meant a lot. Thank you.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
You have absolutely nothing to apologize for sir.

As someone mentioned, it would make a good sticky for inspiration to others in the future that are found ill.

Well, as I said, politics has no place here. I let my emotions get the better of me. It wasn't meant to sound political but it could've been taken that way by some.

Last edited: