what is a black goldcrown ?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I remember correctly there were two versions, one a matte black, the other with a piano finish. A google search will yield a variety of pictures.

https://www.pooltableservice.com/product/8-brunswick-gold-crown-iv-piano-black-pool-table/

The matte started on GC4 IIRC not positive though. The piano finish was beautiful. A place I used to play at in Anchorage had a couple from one of the US Open tournaments.

258482_429197357118625_1882357422_o.jpg

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It did start with the Gold Crown 4. Black finish, very nice. Anyone remember Orange Ball, Rockville, MD?

All the best,
WW

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Err, a Black Crown is an import knockoff of the Gold Crown and they play like s**t

Make sure it's actually a Gold Crown before buying

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once owned a Black Gold Crown IV that had a matte black finish and metal trim around the top of the pockets, the ball return area, and the round casters at the four bottom corners. This was about seven years ago. the table played fine, no issues. It came with 4 7/8 inch corner pockets and the slate shelf was not too deep into the pockets, so it did not play too difficult.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The only time I saw them was in New York City at the 1992 us open straight
pool championship in the Roosevelt hotel. They were beautiful and I almost bought one
when the tournament was over as Blatt Billiards was selling the tables that were on the floor. If you want to find one blatt billiards would be a good place to start

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It did start with the Gold Crown 4. Black finish, very nice. Anyone remember Orange Ball, Rockville, MD?

All the best,
WW

I have one of orange ball's tables at my house.

I believe that there is also a Canadian table called a black crown, fwiw.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had an ugly Gold Crown One,a friend of mine Joe Williams<
who painted Jaguar Automobiles and was awizard with wainting

painted my table a very shiny black ,it was the dfirst one I ever heard about
and it was beautiful

Naturally I sold the table,and now I sometimes wish I had it,but that is me.

I have a perfect GC 5 I want to sell now