US Open 9-ball 2020

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Matchroom just announced the dates for the 2020 US Open: April 13-18, starting on Easter Monday and ending on Saturday. It will be at the Mandalay Bay again. Entries and tickets are not open yet.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Thx Bob.....ironic, I did ask em on FB yesterday.....

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
where do you buy tickets for he us open
They will be available through the http://www.matchroompool.com/usopen9ball/ website when they are released. I think that if you join their "club" you will get early access to tickets. There is a link a the top of that page for the "Pool Club". I've joined and I don't notice any bothersome spam. There is supposed to be a monthly newsletter. All they ask for is your name and email.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Matchroom just announced the dates for the 2020 US Open: April 13-18, starting on Easter Monday and ending on Saturday. It will be at the Mandalay Bay again. Entries and tickets are not open yet.
And at about the same time we have:

ALLEN HOPKINS PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS THE SUPER BILLIARDS EXPO
APRIL 16-19, 2020 at the GREATER PHILADELPHIA EXPO CENTER

I suspect that attendance for the men's pro event at the SBE will be light.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A new press release from Matchroom has just come out for the next US Open 9-ball.

The prize fund will be increased to $375,000 with the same 256-player field. First is $60,000 with half of the field being paid. 128th gets $1000 -- the amount of the entry. Previous winners enter for free again.

Entries (deposit $250) will open on August 13th. Ticket details to be announced.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's a more complete payout list...

CropperCapture[372].png

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
And at about the same time we have:

ALLEN HOPKINS PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS THE SUPER BILLIARDS EXPO
APRIL 16-19, 2020 at the GREATER PHILADELPHIA EXPO CENTER

I suspect that attendance for the men's pro event at the SBE will be light.

That sucks, and was not necessary.
Will Prout

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That sucks, and was not necessary.
Will Prout
And it could be avoided if there was a tournament sanctioning body in the US. One of the main services of such a body is to maintain a calendar and avoid conflicts of major events.