Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > Derby City Classic/Southern Classic
Reload this Page Dump the between round buy ins?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
chicagomike
Play with an Ed Young cue
chicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-10-2009, 09:27 PM

How bout if coordinators plan it and chart it as a double elimination event..once a player loses he has a minimal amount of time to buy back in. His match is already scheduled and on the board due to it being planned as a double elimination event. If he fails to buy back in the alotted time, it is an automatic forfeit and his opponent progresses to the next round.

Live long and play strong,
-Chicagomike

Old
  (#17)
pooladdict
no doubt about it
pooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via MSN to pooladdict Send a message via Yahoo to pooladdict  
11-14-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
How bout if coordinators plan it and chart it as a double elimination event..once a player loses he has a minimal amount of time to buy back in. His match is already scheduled and on the board due to it being planned as a double elimination event. If he fails to buy back in the alotted time, it is an automatic forfeit and his opponent progresses to the next round.
I am not so sure thats a good idea. Losing and facing Efren may interfer with your decision process

Old
  (#18)
chicagomike
Play with an Ed Young cue
chicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond reputechicagomike has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooladdict View Post
I am not so sure thats a good idea. Losing and facing Efren may interfer with your decision process
That's true...I hope they come up with a solution.

Live long and play strong,
-Chicagomike

Old
  (#19)
"T"
Son of Da Poet
"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2009, 11:42 AM

Ah yes, the old thread has sprung back to life!

Personally, I think more of the fence sitters would buy in earlier if they had to and thus increase the overall revenue and make predicting the scheduling easier, but I also understand the history and tradition points as well.

It also seems that they are using an agreeable method for starting rounds before completely finishing the last ones. Hopefully some of the computer glitches are solved and things will go better.

This is by far my most favorite event to attend and so please don't interpret any criticism as bashing. I estimate costs and schedule projects of all types from large project construction work to administrative program changes for a living and my gut gets in knots when I see a lot of people waiting all at once in limbo for extended periods of time. Having said that, there are a lot more people who have been doing this for a longer time who know a heck of a lot more about this than I do.

Scheduling and administering and event like this is a monster and the folks there a working miracles just to get all these many matches in with the amount of tables and the amount of time that they have. I will say though that anything that simplifies their job will help the scheduling stay on track, and that was the original premise of the thread.

I'll be there this year looking forward to a great time!

BuyBack
Old
  (#20)
RGunth
AzB Bronze Member
RGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond repute

BuyBack - 12-02-2009, 11:44 AM

How about the option of paying for a BuyBack when you pay your entry?
That way all the brackets would be drawn and play times established for everyone.
I like the idea of giving the lose side the forfeit if there is no buy back for that player.
This would speed things up and not cause all the stress on the TD.
This is my 4th year going to DCC and the 3 previous years they said that all the bugs were worked out of the software. I suppose it will be the same this year, "We thought we had it fixed!"

Best regards,

Old
  (#21)
RGunth
AzB Bronze Member
RGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond reputeRGunth has a reputation beyond repute

12-02-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooladdict View Post
Yes!

"And if you're not paranoid you don't have enough information."

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: