Some Neighborly One Pocket Competition

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm up for some friendly ( $20-$30 a-game ) One Pocket while at the DCC with any of my fellow AZ'ers.......So far, over the last 3-4 years I've met up with about 6 different AZ'ers to play some One Pocket and it's been fun each time.......I'll be there for about 6 days - Sat. night thru Fri. aft.......Let me know here, or send me a P.M. if you want to get together.

Happy Holidays, Ghost

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
O.K. im going to sound very stupid,but dont cut me down with this question please,im canadian ,have played pool all my life.we might call it different up here.but,what the hell is 1 pocket billiards?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
jimmy-leggs said:
O.K. im going to sound very stupid,but dont cut me down with this question please,im canadian ,have played pool all my life.we might call it different up here.but,what the hell is 1 pocket billiards?

You can go to http://www.onepocket.org/getting_started.htm
to learn more about the best game in pocket billiards: "ONE POCKET"

This game combines all of the skills from all of the other games and is often times compared to chess because of the strategic moves that are made. Some people who have to be told which ball to shoot have difficulty with it. ;-)
JoeyA

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
1 Pocket Ghost said:
I'm up for some friendly ( $20-$30 a-game ) One Pocket while at the DCC with any of my fellow AZ'ers.......So far, over the last 3-4 years I've met up with about 6 different AZ'ers to play some One Pocket and it's been fun each time.......I'll be there for about 6 days - Sat. night thru Fri. aft.......Let me know here, or send me a P.M. if you want to get together.

Happy Holidays, Ghost

Ghost,
Not to question your sanity, but I would NOT recommend leaving Jessica Alba's house to go to the DCC.

If you do decide to abandon her, then look me up. I'll donate at least a twenty to the "Ghost Fund" - I'm quite a novice at one-pocket (probably haven't played 20 games ever); but I do like it (and anyone can get lucky).

I look forward to meeting you in Louisville.

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Posting as usual, from my room at the mental hospital

Williebetmore said:
Ghost,
Not to question your sanity, but I would NOT recommend leaving Jessica Alba's house to go to the DCC.

If you do decide to abandon her, then look me up. I'll donate at least a twenty to the "Ghost Fund" - I'm quite a novice at one-pocket (probably haven't played 20 games ever); but I do like it (and anyone can get lucky).

I look forward to meeting you in Louisville.

Willie, My sanity is always in question, but that aside....you have to realize that when you spend every night with Jessica like I do, it's no big deal to be away from her for a few days.......Actually she suggested going to the DCC with me, but I didn't think that would be a good idea, because....she'd be 'sapping' my energy at night that I need for my One Pocket matches, and it would be a riot scene whenever she would go downstairs with papparazzi all over the place, and I'm worried that guys like Bunny Rogoff and Willie Jopling would be hitting on her and trying to take her away from me.

So Willie, I look forward to meeting you as well, and if we play, don't worry I'll be gentle with you.......^_^

Ghost ( Mr. Alba )

The Milk Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be happy to play some 1 hole with ya. I will be down on the ninth and will be there the rest of the week

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Every Time I Try To Get Out, They Drag Me Back In

Some people who have to be told which ball to shoot have difficulty with it. ;-)
JoeyA

<cough, cough, cough.....shut up>
Doug
( dammit )

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
<cough, cough, cough.....shut up>
Doug
( dammit )[/QUOTE]

You owe me...... I never forget my favors. :rolleyes:
JoeyA (likes to collect)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
1 Pocket Ghost said:
Willie, My sanity is always in question, but that aside....you have to realize that when you spend every night with Jessica like I do, it's no big deal to be away from her for a few days.......Actually she suggested going to the DCC with me, but I didn't think that would be a good idea, because....she'd be 'sapping' my energy at night that I need for my One Pocket matches, and it would be a riot scene whenever she would go downstairs with papparazzi all over the place, and I'm worried that guys like Bunny Rogoff and Willie Jopling would be hitting on her and trying to take her away from me.

So Willie, I look forward to meeting you as well, and if we play, don't worry I'll be gentle with you.......^_^

Ghost ( Mr. Alba )

I don't know who Jessica Alba is, but if she shows up she's got the Eight. And if that's your GF/wife, we can play some One Hole even.

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
I don't know who Jessica Alba is, but if she shows up she's got the Eight. And if that's your GF/wife, we can play some One Hole even.

Jay, No, Jessica isn't going to come....but it'd be my pleasure ( or maybe yours ), to play you some One Pocket...........Ghost

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
1 Pocket Ghost said:
Jay, No, Jessica isn't going to come....but it'd be my pleasure ( or maybe yours ), to play you some One Pocket...........Ghost

You got action with me sir. Your limit is $50 a game.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
After reading your posts some on 1p.org and here, I dont think I would like it much. I have only played one hole serious since about 2004.

Can we play nineball instead Ghost? Some 50 or 100 sets?

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
uwate said:
After reading your posts some on 1p.org and here, I dont think I would like it much. I have only played one hole serious since about 2004.

Can we play nineball instead Ghost? Some 50 or 100 sets?

I'm going to contact the forum moderator and tell him that you used foul language and swore at me - you said the word nineball......^_^

Trust me, ^_^ you can play me some one pocket, I don't play good - I'm all talk, no play. ^_^