Trying to understand CTE Pro 1

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I can't talk for other people but I can tell you the bumps I had. They all related to repeatability.

You must stand in the same relative position to the OB - CB line.

The pivot or sweep must be the same amount. Bridge distance must be the same if using a manual pivot. Tip placement must be the same too.

The drop to center CB must be straight down.

You must have a straight stroke.

CTE is an advanced aiming system with many 'moving parts'. If you're a casual player it's hard to keep all the pieces running smoothly. My suggestion for someone who wishes to learn the system is to do a lot of stroke exercises. Without a good stroke you won't be consistent with system.

just mho

Thanks for your reply, an i agree with you one hundred percent. Manual pivoting requires exactness from start to the end .

Not trying to argue here but when one has exactness in
His routine, the output should always be the same, do you agree? Ive ventured into pivoting for sometime now, ive also had the pleasure of talking with Hal and RON may they rest in peace. These 2 really got me into trying to figure out is there just 2 or 3 moves with a pivot for all shots??? After realizing if you didn't pay attention to your body line up...bridge length., maybe there was only a few shots.

I had a problem though, consistency wasnt there.
Now i really started dialing in on my bridge length, making sure it was always the same. That was it, now ive got more consistency on the same line up creating the same output.

Now ive got a different problem, im missing more shots.
I realised that basing my pivots off of 3 places wasn't enough, something had to change. So i decided to add more than 3 alignments, problem solved.

In my opinion being exact could hurt your chances going off 3 alingments, unless you dont pay to much attention to your bridge length an you let the eyes decide what looks good.

Last edited:

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Thanks for your reply, an i agree with you one hundred percent. Manual pivoting requires exactness from start to the end .

His routine, the output should always be the same, do you agree? Ive ventured into pivoting for sometime now, ive also had the pleasure of talking with Hal and RON may they rest in peace. These 2 really got me into trying to figure out is there just 2 or 3 moves with a pivot for all shots??? After realizing if you didn't pay attention to your body line up...bridge length., maybe there was only a few shots.

Now i really started dialing in on my bridge length, making sure it was always the same. That was it, now ive got more consistency on the same line up creating the same output.

I realised that basing my pivots off of 3 places wasn't enough, something had to change. So i decided to add more than 3 alignments, problem solved.

In my opinion being exact could hurt your chances going off 3 alingments, unless you dont pay to much attention to your bridge length an you let the eyes decide what looks good.

Yes, I agree. Exactness leads to consistency and it's the key to avoid slumps and that "how da F did I miss that?" I check my body position first because I switch between shish-kabob and CTE. They use different body positions. (s-b is quicker) Then bridge, grip, and elbow. I think trying to play too fast can be the start of my problems because I'm sloppy with one of these.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I can find an open spot in his schedule, I plan on returning in the spring for a week of study on banks. I've watched him, with my own eyes, pocketing those 2, 3, and 4 rail banks and it isn't because he was "born in Kentucky" or "has hit a million banks" either. KNOWLEDGE is the key!

Just curious: Are you saying that Stan was not an expert banker before he learned CTE?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bell tolls for thee.....

Just curious: Are you saying that Stan was not an expert banker before he learned CTE?
Well, well, well.....look who showed up again. Didn't take you long to jump back on the bandwagon did it.
Here's something "curious"......ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee
Enjoy.
Pavlov's Dog with captions.jpg

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, well, well.....look who showed up again. Didn't take you long to jump back on the bandwagon did it.
Here's something "curious"......ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee
Enjoy.

Ha Ha, good one. I'm a dog. Funny. I'm not sure what bandwagon you are talking about. I'm simply interested to know what Stan's background with banking is since you spent a whole week up there. Not that difficult a question.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha Ha, good one. I'm a dog. Funny. I'm not sure what bandwagon you are talking about. I'm simply interested to know what Stan's background with banking is since you spent a whole week up there. Not that difficult a question.

For him it was.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For him it was.

Looks like no reply is forthcoming. Anybody else know whether Stan could bank a ball before he learned CTE? Seems like it would be a nice feather in the cap of CTE if his banking skills improved significantly after he figured out the nuts and bolts of CTE, no?

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, let me try from another angle. Do you think Stan informed Low500 of his banking background before demonstrating those 4 rail banks "using CTE"?

Is this where I get to start smiling broadly? Or, is this where I try to control my guffawing.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

Hmm...6 alignments. What are they exactly? Are you using 8ths? Also, are you varying bridgelenght with shot distance? If so, are you using single, double diamond distances or other measurments? Just curious what your findings are?

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like no reply is forthcoming. Anybody else know whether Stan could bank a ball before he learned CTE? Seems like it would be a nice feather in the cap of CTE if his banking skills improved significantly after he figured out the nuts and bolts of CTE, no?

You should really see someone about your obsession with Stan

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I can find an open spot in his schedule, I plan on returning in the spring for a week of study on banks. I've watched him, with my own eyes, pocketing those 2, 3, and 4 rail banks and it isn't because he was "born in Kentucky" or "has hit a million banks" either. KNOWLEDGE is the key! (I have a hunch that his Truth Series and his Book will have all I want to know about banks in them though)

Is it really too much to ask for even a little truth in advertising? You've chosen to ignore my question about whether Stan told you about his experience with banks before he learned CTE. I did note, however, that you managed to find time to call me and several others here a dog.

So here is the story. It might be interesting to watch this amazing video of Stan making banks behind a curtain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY0tp_UnS_g&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=97&t=0s

I call this video "amazing" because he manages to credit CTE Pro1 for his ability to make those banks. If I'm one of the two or three new guys who have been in this forum, I'm going to assume that this is proof that CTE puts you on the shot line without any need for experience or feel, other than the ability to choose the CTE perception that is appropriate for that shot.

The reality is that Stan took up bank pool at the age of 8 and by his own words was proficient at banks by the age of 9 or 10. He played bank pool pretty much exclusively until he was 16 years old and eventually became what he considers a professional level pool player. He was a damned good bank player and is the model of a young motivated player who learned by hitting a million balls (the HAMB method). When asked recently what his favorite game is, he replied that it was banks.

So does Stan really use his new system to pocket up to 4 rail banks like cheerleader Low would have us believe? I don't know. Maybe he does. He says he does in the video, but since he could most likely do the same thing when he was 16 years old it is kind of hard to say.

Before you jump all over me, realize that this addresses the OP's (Butterbean) concerns about making CTE work. That's what this thread is about, not who is a dog.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it really too much to ask for even a little truth in advertising? You've chosen to ignore my question about whether Stan told you about his experience with banks before he learned CTE. I did note, however, that you managed to find time to call me and several others here a dog.

So here is the story. It might be interesting to watch this amazing video of Stan making banks behind a curtain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY0tp_UnS_g&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=97&t=0s

I call this video "amazing" because he manages to credit CTE Pro1 for his ability to make those banks. If I'm one of the two or three new guys who have been in this forum, I'm going to assume that this is proof that CTE puts you on the shot line without any need for experience or feel, other than the ability to choose the CTE perception that is appropriate for that shot.

The reality is that Stan took up bank pool at the age of 8 and by his own words was proficient at banks by the age of 9 or 10. He played bank pool pretty much exclusively until he was 16 years old and eventually became what he considers a professional level pool player. He was a damned good bank player and is the model of a young motivated player who learned by hitting a million balls (the HAMB method). When asked recently what his favorite game is, he replied that it was banks.

So does Stan really use his new system to pocket up to 4 rail banks like cheerleader Low would have us believe? I don't know. Maybe he does. He says he does in the video, but since he could most likely do the same thing when he was 16 years old it is kind of hard to say.

Before you jump all over me, realize that this addresses the OP's (Butterbean) concerns about making CTE work. That's what this thread is about, not who is a dog.

You should really see someone about your obsession with Stan