Match Of The Century-Orcollo v Van Boening (Nov 7-9),10ball Race to 120 (Sterling VA)

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Shane can handle Chang if its race to 120.

Shane's BNR rate on 10b is 40-45%.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
59-36 Shane has his first legitimate miss on the 7
Orcullo gets to 37....down to 22. He needs to slow down and stare the balls into the hole.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
59 - 36....

Crush him.

But it is only because it is a gaffe game he set up where he can manipulate the rack :rolleyes:

How is the arena setup? Announcers last night said they didn't even bother to put up a booth glass or anything to dampen their sound.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Crush him.

But it is only because it is a gaffe game he set up where he can manipulate the rack :rolleyes:

How is the arena setup? Announcers last night said they didn't even bother to put up a booth glass or anything to dampen their sound.

No need, they have monitors and people in front of them, plus music.

Not ideal setup, but pretty good. It's basically the last 3rd of the room, so no traffic walking by.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crush him.

Well that certainly shouldn't bother either , Shane turns his hearing aid off and DO is Filipino where playing with noise is every day occurrence

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Shane is deaf and Dennis is used to gambling in a circus atmosphere in the Philippines; so, I doubt either one is bothered by the commentators.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No need, they have monitors and people in front of them, plus music.

Not ideal setup, but pretty good. It's basically the last 3rd of the room, so no traffic walking by.

It's a fantastic set up as good as you will find in a pool room setting , they won't have to change the breaking end because of the traffic or its not breaking right lol

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know, Alex was down 22 games against Shane in a race to 100 11 years ago and came back and won......Could history repeat itself? Well its a nice thought....:grin-square:

Interesting thought.

I think Alex, in addition to being a very skilled player, improves against his particular opponent the longer they play. I don't see that from Dennis, though he also plays pretty damn good-loke.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Champions in shirlington or orange ball would be better venues in the area...if you can get in there :sad: good-bye, pool world.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane was up pretty big against shaw a couple months ago and shaw fought his way back and made it competetive... not sure if it will happen in this "grudge" match or not... plus I think shaw has a higher gear than robocop