Spotify Music
Old
  (#1)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Spotify Music - 11-23-2012, 09:46 PM

I've been using Spotify for a few months now.

Basically it's a music service that for $9.99 a month allows you to listen to practically any artist or band instantly. Think of it like Netflix, but for music. I believe they have something like 15 billion songs in their database. It's all streaming and they even have an app for your smartphone. There's also a free version, but it doesn't have as many features.

With the paid version, you can add as many playlists (albums basically) that you want, and listen to them as often as you want with no ads. Right now, I have well over 200 albums saved.

So does anyone here use Spotify? I think if you really love to listen to music, it's worth the $9.99/month.

Old
  (#2)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2012, 09:46 PM

And no, I do not have any Justin Beiber songs/albums saved.

Old
  (#3)
softshot
Simplify
softshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

11-23-2012, 09:50 PM

Pandora gives spotify the orange crush.. and it's free 1 15 second ad every 4 or 5 songs

Old
  (#4)
BeiberLvr
AzB Silver Member

11-23-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softshot View Post
Pandora gives spotify the orange crush.. and it's free 1 15 second ad every 4 or 5 songs
Pandora is just a bunch of radio stations. You're limited to listening to the songs that are provided, and you can't go back to listen to a previous song, and you can only skip ahead so many songs. It's been awhile since I used Pandora, so if any of that's changed, my mistake.

With Spotify, you can listen to ANY song you want as many times as you want. Plus, the quality is much higher. Might not matter to you though.

Old
  (#5)
softshot
Simplify
softshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
Pandora is just a bunch of radio stations. You're limited to listening to the songs that are provided, and you can't go back to listen to a previous song, and you can only skip ahead so many songs. It's been awhile since I used Pandora, so if any of that's changed, my mistake.

With Spotify, you can listen to ANY song you want as many times as you want. Plus, the quality is much higher. Might not matter to you though.
but the free version of Pandora works on my phone, my tablet, my bluray player, and my PC they all show my stations and remember my favorites.. I can put it through my nice living room speakers.. easy as pie..

free spotify only works on PC unless you pay

Old
  (#6)
softshot
Simplify

11-23-2012, 10:35 PM

and it's not radio stations.. you put in the name of an artist and you get everything they have ever done and anyone who sounds like them... you thumb up a song and you hear it more often .. thumbs down and you never hear that song again.. after a while you have I huge music library divided by genre that you run on shuffle mode...

if I wanted to pay $10.00 a month to hear what I want whenever I want I'd get Napster.. and download them to an mp3 player..

meh.. I'll just stick with pandora and have my library of favorites follow me around from device to device.. with no need for me to keep track of any cd or memory stick, or ipod or anything...

Pandora is the shit I'm a big fan

Old
  (#7)
AJC
On The Way Up
AJC has a reputation beyond reputeAJC has a reputation beyond reputeAJC has a reputation beyond reputeAJC has a reputation beyond reputeAJC has a reputation beyond reputeAJC has a reputation beyond reputeAJC has a reputation beyond reputeAJC has a reputation beyond reputeAJC has a reputation beyond reputeAJC has a reputation beyond reputeAJC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

11-24-2012, 12:01 AM

I rather enjoy spotify. I've used pandora for 3 years and still do off and on. I decided to spend the 10 bucks for the pro version of spotify and I like being able to download what I want whenever I hear it.

I also like the way it's presented on the pc. I like being able to see all my local files which I can incorporate into a playlist with the music downloaded from the program. It's pretty simple and an easy to use interface. Gotta love the wireless syncing too.

I think the main thing that concerns me is that if I ever decide to cancel my membership I'm pretty sure ill lose all the content I've downloaded. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

A few vids of my son playing pool at 2 & 3 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usvzUSldpfg

Old
  (#8)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
11-24-2012, 03:24 AM

I use Pandora and Spotify. Free versions with ads. Both have their pluses. I like Pandora's way of selecting music based on styles and what they call a music genome.

I like Spotify for the playlists that other people make up and for the fact that I can put in an artist or subject and get a great list from that. Prior to the ICCS I put in "gambling" and ended up with a rocking playlist of artists and songs about gambling that I would otherwise never have listened to.

I also liked spotify's social networking where it let me see what my friend's were listening too which led me to some great music but I got a bit creeped out at all the connections I had to facebook and I stopped it. So I signed up under a German account where the law says that Spotify is NOT allowed to make you use your facebook account to sign up. Thus I am no longer tied to FB through Spotify.

Really great service though. I don't really know how they do it but I do click on the ads once in a while to support them.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#9)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
11-24-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC View Post
I rather enjoy spotify. I've used pandora for 3 years and still do off and on. I decided to spend the 10 bucks for the pro version of spotify and I like being able to download what I want whenever I hear it.

I also like the way it's presented on the pc. I like being able to see all my local files which I can incorporate into a playlist with the music downloaded from the program. It's pretty simple and an easy to use interface. Gotta love the wireless syncing too.

I think the main thing that concerns me is that if I ever decide to cancel my membership I'm pretty sure ill lose all the content I've downloaded. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.
If you actually downloaded the files then you should not lose them unless canceling your pro membership allows them to go in and erase files on your hard drive.

I am not real sure how spotify does it. I stopped keeping music on my HD two crashes ago. transferred all my music to Google Music and now it's streaming only for me except for podcasts which I download when I want to listen to something on the go.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: