What is this "pay no attention to the OB for CTE aiming"?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This issue has confused me about the CTE aiming method from the gate.
I've worked with it and have made great progress, but "not paying any attention to the object ball" has to be either poor transfer of knowledge OR an outright lie.
I watched a CTE aiming player on Youtube "Gerald something" and he sends those balls into the pockets like they were rockets...yet he says, after getting his perceptions, that he pays no attention to the object ball from that point on. ?????????
How can this be???
You've GOT to at least point the cue stick in the direction of the shot to make it work...otherwise, you might shoot totally missing the entire object ball.
Getting the perceptions was the easy part....no big deal to that, in my opinion.
But from THAT POINT ON...what is the MOST EFFICIENT WAY to go down on the shot to let the eyes lead and the body follow..?? I'm still missing some shots I shouldn't miss at times...I don't like that. It costs me money. (Where I play, if you miss during a highly favorable percentage run-out...you don't get back to the table again.)
What is the correct process for getting down into shooting position with that half-tip offset, ready for the manual pivot to Center cue ball...?
Some of you CTE'rs who are far better than me can help me here. (don't tell me about any 'PRO1'...this manual pivoting is all I need to bust most people)
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Shuffett, I'm sorry you feel that I have no interest in real information.
I think your discoveries with the CTE aiming are absolutely brilliant and I have really increased my win percentages since adapting the concept.
I'm just wondering HOW to actually physically move into position for the shot....consistently, over and over and over......like you do in your videos on Youtube. I want to do the same thing
The idea of ignoring the object ball doesn't register in my thought process.
I can't afford to come to your home for the personal attention.
Maybe if you did a video showing the exact approach to getting down on the shot from the standing position, it would solve a lot of questions. I realize that is asking an awful lot, when you're doing it for free. But I think it would really help.
I watched your son drilling Strickland in that YouTube video and it looks like to me he picks out a direction to aim the stick and then moves into the correct position from there. It appears that you're doing the same.
I am NOT one of these troublemakers who like to trash your work or the process. I just want to get better and better at it and I don't like to waste time alone, working on something over and over if I've got it wrong in the first place. All that does is ingrain the wrong things...over and over.
Regards and thank you for what you've accomplished.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

At about book release time I will put out a series of free online videos that will have precise explanations and sufficient demonstration for exactly what you are asking for. I am not sure how long the series will be. There will at least 6-12 videos but perhaps up to 24 or so depending on how well they are received. There's typically very little positive response or appreciation shown for what I shared in the past.
My deletion was not personal to you. Thank you for your interest in my work.

Stan Shuffett

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr Shuffett,
Lots of Pool players, myself included, are truly appreciative of all the information you share regarding CTE Pro One. Thank you very much and PLEASE continue sharing!

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr Shuffett,
Lots of Pool players, myself included, are truly appreciative of all the information you share regarding CTE Pro One. Thank you very much and PLEASE continue sharing!

Thank you. There's not one chance in a blue million that I won't share the inner workings of how to effectively use CTE. That does not mean that CTE is an overnight deal because it's not. There's work involved. The whole process still gets easier and easier for me. That's the nature of really connecting with how CTE actually works. The most tell-tale sign for me is that I can maintain and even improve with an hour or so a day of practice whereby in years past I felt compelled to play several hours each day. That's the nature of keeping up with feel. Once you learn what to see and how to align you gotta be careful because boredom can set in very easily. I'm thankful that I won't go to my grave having not figured it out. You dang right Im gonna share every stinking bit of it.

Stan Shuffett

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan -
I was fortunate enough to actually play with Hal while he was still in decent health and played at his house in PA. He taught me several systems and, to be honest, none of them really stuck with me for whatever reason. I never felt like I truly understood what he was teaching me. I admired and liked the guy so much I felt he would have been disappointed had I told him I wasn't getting it.
I am absolutely going to buy your newest creation coming out and I have a couple of questions for you. How quickly can this be picked up and how long before someone becomes proficient with it? I've been playing off and on for quite a few years and my top speed is probably in the mid B range. Just curious to hear your thoughts on how much time and effort it will take to apply what you teach and become proficient with it?

Thank you,
Koop

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan -
I was fortunate enough to actually play with Hal while he was still in decent health and played at his house in PA. He taught me several systems and, to be honest, none of them really stuck with me for whatever reason. I never felt like I truly understood what he was teaching me. I admired and liked the guy so much I felt he would have been disappointed had I told him I wasn't getting it.
I am absolutely going to buy your newest creation coming out and I have a couple of questions for you. How quickly can this be picked up and how long before someone becomes proficient with it? I've been playing off and on for quite a few years and my top speed is probably in the mid B range. Just curious to hear your thoughts on how much time and effort it will take to apply what you teach and become proficient with it?

Thank you,
Koop[/QUOTE

Hal didn't particularly mean for his students to get it from him but rather from on their own with what he had carefully orchestrated. I share 13 critical links in my book that were instrumental for me in putting CTE all together.
Everyone's learning curve is individual. Why? Because we all have different levels of visual and physical smarts.
Some will pick it up and run with it immediately, others in a week or weeks but no longer than months for the motivated learner. The toughest hurdle for anyone is to learn the 4 perceptions, not how to see them but rather recognition of shots. There's a zillion possibilities. There's your major hurdle. You must be instantaneous and effortless with recognition for CB OB relations. It all gets easier day by day.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who cares about player interest or whatever, do it for POOL Stan.

God knows this best game on the planet has been kicked around like a dirty whore for decades now.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan -

Thank you,
Koop[/QUOTE

Hal didn't particularly mean for his students to get it from him but rather from on their own with what he had carefully orchestrated. I share 13 critical links in my book that were instrumental for me in putting CTE all together.
Everyone's learning curve is individual. Why? Because we all have different levels of visual and physical smarts.
Some will pick it up and run with it immediately, others in a week or weeks but no longer than months for the motivated learner. The toughest hurdle for anyone is to learn the 4 perceptions, not how to see them but rather recognition of shots. There's a zillion possibilities. There's your major hurdle. You must be instantaneous and effortless with recognition for CB OB relations. It all gets easier day by day.

Stan Shuffett

Thanks, Stan. Looking forward to it.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who cares about player interest or whatever, do it for POOL Stan.

God knows this best game on the planet has been kicked around like a dirty whore for decades now.

I think that is what I've been doing.

About the kicking around. Certainly pool is pure but it brings out it the worst in some individuals in that they reveal their true nature. Actually, I'm thankful for them in an odd way because without them, CTE would not be where it is today and where it's destined to be in the future.

Stan Shuffett

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By the way Stan, the one thing I am still baffled with is why a sweep as you call it, not quantifiable to the point of being automatic when it comes to cb/ob angle relationships.

I do this myself as part of my progression in this journey when 5 months ago, I played snooker and missed incredibly easy shots inexplicably because my visual perception was so out of wack in this long process of straightening out my game from thick to "square".

I now understand your concept and method, but to this day, I still believe its quantifiable, even though I remember you saying, you'll just know over time. Obviously I had no idea what you were talking about but I do now.

I remember asking if there was a automatic way of making the determination and I do know that the manual version of CTE, is the only way, but that's because it's obvious wich way to pivot is apparent while down on the shot. But in the stand up, its not automatic and there is no consistent clue like, "left cut inside of 15 degrees is always a inside sweep".....etc etc.

Surely it is quantifiable on a chart but it would be very involved and extensive, based on table quadrants etc etc?

Also, left or right side of the cb in thickening or thinning, I have found, is not make or miss dependant on one thing, but I understand it is if center cb is applied. But I myself get on either side to my advantage but offset with spin or throw or redirect etc etc.

If it wasn't for your work, I doubt I would have discovered this, even though I abandoned it because I couldn't make heads or tails of how to apply it based on the angle relationship but after that day in snooker, I started to see the problem and that led down another nightmare path but I now have a very strong grip of this very necessary utilization of angle manipulation and I got to thank you for that even though I think you are a hard heade son of a B, but I got no problem with you and I'll continue to use you as a source because there simply is things you address that are cutting edge and important.

Now grow some balls and figure out a system on how to spin the crap out of CB from any shot and any spin on command. The next level demands it.

Thanks

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By the way Stan, the one thing I am still baffled with is why a sweep as you call it, not quantifiable to the point of being automatic when it comes to cb/ob angle relationships.

I do this myself as part of my progression in this journey when 5 months ago, I played snooker and missed incredibly easy shots inexplicably because my visual perception was so out of wack in this long process of straightening out my game from thick to "square".

I now understand your concept and method, but to this day, I still believe its quantifiable, even though I remember you saying, you'll just know over time. Obviously I had no idea what you were talking about but I do now.

I remember asking if there was a automatic way of making the determination and I do know that the manual version of CTE, is the only way, but that's because it's obvious wich way to pivot is apparent while down on the shot. But in the stand up, its not automatic and there is no consistent clue like, "left cut inside of 15 degrees is always a inside sweep".....etc etc.

Surely it is quantifiable on a chart but it would be very involved and extensive, based on table quadrants etc etc?

Also, left or right side of the cb in thickening or thinning, I have found, is not make or miss dependant on one thing, but I understand it is if center cb is applied. But I myself get on either side to my advantage but offset with spin or throw or redirect etc etc.

If it wasn't for your work, I doubt I would have discovered this, even though I abandoned it because I couldn't make heads or tails of how to apply it based on the angle relationship but after that day in snooker, I started to see the problem and that led down another nightmare path but I now have a very strong grip of this very necessary utilization of angle manipulation and I got to thank you for that even though I think you are a hard heade son of a B, but I got no problem with you and I'll continue to use you as a source because there simply is things you address that are cutting edge and important.

Now grow some balls and figure out a system on how to spin the crap out of CB from any shot and any spin on command. The next level demands it.

Thanks

Arriving at CCB is quantifiable whether by BASIC CTE, PRO ONE or DISGUISED PIVOTING.

Concerning spin: The spin adjustments have been defined and I will likely share those by video but certainly in my book. Spin is a piece of cake with CTE and very easily explained.

I don't need to grow any fricken balls.

Stan Shuffett

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arriving at CCB is quantifiable whether by BASIC CTE, PRO ONE or DISGUISED PIVOTING.

Concerning spin: The spin adjustments have been defined and I will likely share those by video but certainly in my book. Spin is a piece of cake with CTE and very easily explained.

I don't need to grow any fricken balls.

Stan Shuffett

I dont think you understand me and i dont understand myself at times, but i do like you in a weird way and i guess the day you like me, i wont like you any more lol.

The fixed angle relationship is not automatic as it pertains to "sweep" because you said "you'll just know over time" or else you would have a chart, but i suspect this chart would be insanely lengthy and rather stupid if im correct in theory and i have no clue and probably never will because like you said, you just know over time and god knows my brain does not need anymore mind bending.

Youre right, grow some gutts then and get off the pot with that dull boring game of yours and develop a pretty game like mine is becoming and will be!

One day some possessed man like yourself will take my "triple cubed aerial spin attack" document and make videos like you and say, "so i thought, what if i take Paul's 20 degree bend straightener and combine it with a jump masse......well, when i shot at that 45 degree angle and split the pocket and stopped the CB on a dime, my heart started racing and i told my wife, HONEY! I FIGURED OUT TRIPLED CUBED!!!"

The method that truly should have "never been".

Ok Stan, off to the tables, i got a lot of work to do, you know, send Orcollo back to the islands BROKE. Have a nice day sir.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont think you understand me and i dont understand myself at times, but i do like you in a weird way and i guess the day you like me, i wont like you any more lol.

The fixed angle relationship is not automatic as it pertains to "sweep" because you said "you'll just know over time" or else you would have a chart, but i suspect this chart would be insanely lengthy and rather stupid if im correct in theory and i have no clue and probably never will because like you said, you just know over time and god knows my brain does not need anymore mind bending.

Youre right, grow some gutts then and get off the pot with that dull boring game of yours and develop a pretty game like mine is becoming and will be!

One day some possessed man like yourself will take my "triple cubed aerial spin attack" document and make videos like you and say, "so i thought, what if i take Paul's 20 degree bend straightener and combine it with a jump masse......well, when i shot at that 45 degree angle and split the pocket and stopped the CB on a dime, my heart started racing and i told my wife, HONEY! I FIGURED OUT TRIPLED CUBED!!!"

The method that truly should have "never been".

Ok Stan, off to the tables, i got a lot of work to do, you know, send Orcollo back to the islands BROKE. Have a nice day sir.

The shot angle is not fixed but the visual relationship is.

I don't quite know how to take your 'grow some guts comment" but if you want to match accomplishments as a player,be my guest. One more snide remark, don't bother to ever communicate with me again.

Stan Shuffett

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The shot angle is not fixed but the visual relationship is.

I don't quite know how to take your 'grow some guts comment" but if you want to match accomplishments ias a player,be my guest. One more snide remark, don't bother to ever communicate with me ever again.

Stan Shuffett

The shot angle is static before launch point, therefore it is fixed. Now do you understand what i am saying?

Stan, it was just a joke, but I hear yuh, I'll knock it off.