Alex givin up 15-4, $3000/game..............

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the same guy he was playing Thursday night. It's a ridiculous spot to be giving to a player that plays as well as his opponent does. I don't see how Alex can possibly win.
I think Alex is 24grand loser. They're talking about bumpin it to 12grand/game!!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Alex is 24grand loser. They're talking about bumpin it to 12grand/game!!
Curious if he's playing on his own dime? It just doesn't seem like he'd be giving up a spot in which he's very unlikely to win unless it's somebody else's money. At this point of the session, it would appear he's trying to raise the stakes high enough in hopes of winning a game or two to get back to even, then quit. If he does have a stake horse who is there observing, apparently that person is clueless or doesn't mind throwing away their money - just my opinion.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious if he's playing on his own dime? It just doesn't seem like he'd be giving up a spot in which he's very unlikely to win unless it's somebody else's money. At this point of the session, it would appear he's trying to raise the stakes high enough in hopes of winning a game or two to get back to even, then quit. If he does have a stake horse who is there observing, apparently that person is clueless or doesn't mind throwing away their money - just my opinion.
Alex rarely books a loser. Sometimes it happens. I'm sure(like 99.99999999%) that he's getting staked. It ain't over til they unscrew. I love it. ACTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex rarely books a loser. Sometimes it happens. I'm sure(like 99.99999999%) that he's getting staked. It ain't over til they unscrew. I love it. ACTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
You don't have to know much about one-pocket to quickly realize that giving this guy a 15-4 spot is clearly a bad game for him that he should never have gotten himself in to - obviously he didn't know how well his opponent could play. He should have pulled up or changed the spot a long time ago.

If his opponent is smart, he won't give in on the spot, he won't get greedy and keep allowing Alex to raise the stakes to the point he can win it all back in just a few games, and he won't play forever without taking a break to physically allow his body to recover. Law of averages, if it goes on long enough and if Alex or his backer's pockets are deep enough, Alex will somehow manage to win a few games and escape this trap. At this point, Alex and/or his backer are welll aware they've booked a game they can't win, and they are simply hoping he can physically / mentally outlast his opponent in a marathon session.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have to know much about one-pocket to quickly realize that giving this guy a 15-4 spot is clearly a bad game for him that he should never have gotten himself in to - obviously he didn't know how well his opponent could play. He should have pulled up or changed the spot a long time ago.

If his opponent is smart, he won't give in on the spot and he won't get greedy and keep allowing Alex to raise the stakes. Law of averages, if it goes on long enough and if Alex or his backer's pockets are deep enough, Alex will somehow manage to win a few games and escape this trap.
Every now-n-then you gotta take a shot. Pool is such a broke-d^*k game that when you have a chance to shoot a tooth-pick at a lumber-yard you have to go for it. Not sayin that this is the best bet in the world but apparently AP's backers like the action.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone explain the 15/4 spot please.
AP needs 15 to Tommy's 4. 15&4 equal 19 which is 3 over 16. That means AP has to spot three balls and go to twelve.(12 plus 4 is 16) Game has to equal 16 after they spot. Follow?

Last edited:

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AP needs 15 to Tommy's 4. 15&4 equal 19 which is 3 over 16. That means AP has to spot three balls and go to twelve.(12 plus 4 is 16) Game has to equal 16 after they spot. Follow?

Are they playing with 16 numbered balls? Or did you mean 15 when you typed 16? Or do I not get how it works?

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If his opponent is smart, he won't give in on the spot, he won't get greedy and keep allowing Alex to raise the stakes to the point he can win it all back in just a few games, and he won't play forever without taking a break to physically allow his body to recover. Law of averages, if it goes on long enough and if Alex or his backer's pockets are deep enough, Alex will somehow manage to win a few games and escape this trap. At this point, Alex and/or his backer are welll aware they've booked a game they can't win, and they are simply hoping he can physically / mentally outlast his opponent in a marathon session.
Grady had a great counter-prop for when the guy who is in the trap (in this case, Alex) wants to adjust his bad bet........"sure, I'll adjust, but you gotta let me move 3 balls to the spot after your break".
15-4? Alex's backers must hate their money.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex comes back 2 games @6k each-Now down 12k overall.
I don't know, if anyone, is backing or giving his opponent here any advice. Clearly Alex is wearing him down, and perhaps the guy is feeling guilty about getting such a big spot. He should make Alex win it back the same way he lost it and not keep allowing Alex to raise the bet. Most importantly, he needs to take a break and go get some rest. The guy doesn't appear to be in the physical condition to be able to be playing an ultra marathon session like this at the top of his game, as opposed to Alex who I'm sure has done it many times, successfully.

Bottom line - the guy is still up, so he needs to realize that he is in the position to dictate the terms regarding how much they are playing for, the spot, and taking a much needed break. Alex can accept his terms, or quit and pay up! Just sad to see the guy giving it all away due to inexperience, after having worked so hard the past 48-72 hours to get himself in this position.

Last edited: