JB Cases and the 5 cue Claw

sifu

Registered
I am looking at buying a JB Case, but, I carry a 5 cue Claw. Can anyone confirm the 2x3 or 3x4 front 18" pocket will fit this Claw?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
JBCases has phone nun=Mmer on his web - site, John does not bit, he will SPLAIN if this is a good fit or not. Or email JBCases.

sifu

Registered
JBCases has phone nun=Mmer on his web - site, John does not bit, he will SPLAIN if this is a good fit or not. Or email JBCases.

Thanks. My job makes it really hard to call during the day. I did send an email on Saturday. Didn't expect a response on the weekend, but, I haven't gotten a response two business days later, so I thought I'd see if anyone else knows.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why would you need to hold 5 cues during a match? You can always buy a smaller Q claw- why base a decision on buying a cue case on a cue claw? I would imagine any large pocket outfitted cue case could accommodate an adequate size Q claw.

sifu

Registered
why would you need to hold 5 cues during a match? You can always buy a smaller Q claw- why base a decision on buying a cue case on a cue claw? I would imagine any large pocket outfitted cue case could accommodate an adequate size Q claw.

Because me and two other friends on my league team all use the same claw. 1 break cue and one cue each.Also, I believe the 4 cue claw is the same width and depth, it's just shorter in length. Even the 2 or 3 is still likely 6" wide for stability on the table, and that's the dimension of the pocket I don't know.

Last edited:

sifu

Registered
I think Amazon is a little generous on their sizing. Mine measures 7 5/8" x 3 5/8", shown on 8 1/2" x 11 printer paper.

I think you're right. I haven't measured mine. The previous question made me go look up the 2-3-4 cue. When the 2 and 3 both said 4x4x4, I looked harder. The size on Amazon may be the package size, not the product size.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

Not everyone plays alone.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not everyone plays alone.

Look its all fine with me, I never played in a league in my life- always a one on one match up. So my perspective is different, that's all. I just was not understanding why someone would base a cue case purchase decision on something that held up 5 cues in a pool room - now I know why- I guess.

If i really, really liked a particular cue case though, maybe I would just ask someone else on my team to carry the 5 person cue claw to our matches and buy the damn case I liked.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Look its all fine with me, I never played in a league in my life- always a one on one match up. So my perspective is different, that's all. I just was not understanding why someone would base a cue case purchase decision on something that held up 5 cues in a pool room - now I know why- I guess.

If i really, really liked a particular cue case though, maybe I would just ask someone else on my team to carry the 5 person cue claw to our matches and buy the damn case I liked.
Yep, it’s the team claw. We bought a pink one so nobody would steal it.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 2x3 and a 4x8.
No way on the 2x3, big pocket is tight.
I have a 3 cue claw I keep in my 4x8 sideways so a 5 cue claw will fit fine.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
I had a purple one I thought nobody would steal... but they did.
The Q-Claw was a 2 cue, but people kept leaning their cue against the sides so I figured it was better to have extra spots.
I ended up building one that holds 7 cues but is hinged to fit in my 5.5 x 3 inch pocket.

As a side note if you get a custom JB Case John will make the pockets any way you want.

sifu

Registered
I have a 2x3 and a 4x8.
No way on the 2x3, big pocket is tight.
I have a 3 cue claw I keep in my 4x8 sideways so a 5 cue claw will fit fine.

Thank you very much for this feedback. Sadly, for the 3x4, I'm still not sure. I do appreciate the feedback, though.

sifu

Registered

I decided to buy the case and a 3 cue claw. If the 5 won't fit, I'll just leave it in my truck and carry it in individually.

sifu

Registered
I called John on Saturday about ordering a case, he answered on the 3rd ring.

I arranged to work from home today and have tried calling twice and had to leave a voicemail. It's a small team making a lot of cases, so I get it, but it's a little frustrating.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I think you'll get a quicker response if you go to their Facebook page and message thru there, as I understand it, they are quite accommodating when trying to work with what you'd like to do...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I am looking at buying a JB Case, but, I carry a 5 cue Claw. Can anyone confirm the 2x3 or 3x4 front 18" pocket will fit this Claw?

We can generally make the pockets fit whatever you have. However the 2x3 only has about 3.5" of width to use when constructing the pocket. In general the cue claws fit in 2x5/3x4 and above without any pocket modification.