What a Steal

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Is $600 for this "a steal"?? What would it cost in a pawn shop? Just curious.

My buddy was a Pawn Broker is Placerville, CA. Nothing was cheap in his shop. Used firearms were close to retail, not full retaIL CLOSE.

DEALS can be found at garage & estate sales, if the selling are uneducated.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would never buy a cue from a website like Unclaimed Baggage. That $1200 McDermott is available on many dependable web Billiard retailers for around $900. It would be worth the extra few hundred to guarantee you get new straight cue. Now if that cue was being sold for $100 I might be interested.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My buddy was a Pawn Broker is Placerville, CA. Nothing was cheap in his shop. Used firearms were close to retail, not full retaIL CLOSE.

Far as I can tell pawn shops were supposed to be mom & pop loan centers and clearinghouses. Now anyone can get the going rate on just about anything so they've evolved into discount retail; don't know about the loans; prolly close to shark; :shrug:

Costco/Kirkland is a good example. Says WHOLESALE all over the place but it's discount retail at best.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I live in Ohio and every yard sale , craigslist, marketplace , dumpster diving , pallet buying hillbilly in a 9 state area, is running a retail store, out of the trunk of their car.
Not only do they want retail, anything 30 years old that used to be called junk, is now vintage, and carries a 50% premium over new , and anything disintegrating is "needs tender loving care", the only one that could resurrect 99% of it, is the lord.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe 15 or so years ago I bought a cue from a similar company. I think I paid $120 or something along those lines. When I showed my new purchase in the cue and case gallery, an AZ’er, Mortuarymike maybe, recognized the cue as one that had been owned by his friend. Apparently his friend had too many small bottles of booze on the flight and forgot about the cue. I don’t recall the whole story, but I ended up selling the cue back to the guy who lost it. The same company had a six pointed Coker for $350 or so at the same time. I didn’t have the extra cash for a cue and I had hideous like green veneers.