yellow lights vs LED lights

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the old style x3 lights that you hang on the ceiling.

What would be the best option of lights that I attach to them, I personally used a LED light that look very blueish.

But I feel that my eyes gets weaker after a session of pool, I don't know what it is, but can those LED lights cause damage to my eyes? should I go to the old style normal yellow lights?

I don't know because it also can be that the type of LED lights that I used is just wrong?

Any ideas? Beneath you can see the type of ceiling light that I have.

Attachments

• 4988-1-3274.003_Lamp---X3-Brass-W-Brass-Shades.jpg
    4988-1-3274.003_Lamp---X3-Brass-W-Brass-Shades.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 248

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Here's what these look like at night. 3000K 100 watt equivalent each. It's hard to catch it with the camera, but I darkened it to as close to the real color as possible. Those are the 5000k bulbs under the table that I hated - turned everything steel-purple-gray.

Attachments

• night lighting.jpg
    night lighting.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We have 100 or so LEDs in the ceilings throughout the house. The electrician brought over several color temps and we settled on 3000K. The whole system is on a wireless Lutron control, so they are controlled by iPhone or iPad. Other than the Kitchen, we rarely even reach 50% intensity on the rest.

I think I’ll want more of the daylight spectrum for pool, so I have 4000K and 5000K to try. Just waiting for delivery. If I were you, I’d go to Loews or Home Depot and get three sets of lights: 3000K, 4000K and 5000K. Play a day with each and return the two sets you don’t like.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
We have 100 or so LEDs in the ceilings throughout the house. The electrician brought over several color temps and we settled on 3000K. The whole system is on a wireless Lutron control, so they are controlled by iPhone or iPad. Other than the Kitchen, we rarely even reach 50% intensity on the rest.

I think I’ll want more of the daylight spectrum for pool, so I have 4000K and 5000K to try. Just waiting for delivery. If I were you, I’d go to Loews or Home Depot and get three sets of lights: 3000K, 4000K and 5000K. Play a day with each and return the two sets you don’t like.

The large globe LED's are hard to find. Floods are easy.

I changed out our kitchen recessed lights to 4 pin 3000K and liked the color, so I went with that. I didn't try 4000K but I think they would be fine as well. 5000K got an eerie glow in the room and purplish on the table, so I bagged those.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
yellow/blue and eyes

I think this is pretty universal but I can only say this is what I found to be true for me. The bluer the light, the more clearly I seem to see. The downside, the bluer the light the more eyestrain and the quicker my eyes tire.

I would experiment and try to find the lights furthest toward blue that I can play under for several hours or more comfortably. Eye strain can sneak up on you and you may not realize that the light you are playing under for thirty minutes or an hour is affecting your eyes for a long time afterward due to eye strain.

I don't think playing under blue light will damage your eyes any more than anything else that causes eye strain. Any less either though.

Nothing scientific here, just my experience and opinions.

Hu