Revo vs Becue and others
Old
  (#1)
Physiqz
AzB Silver Member
Physiqz has a reputation beyond reputePhysiqz has a reputation beyond reputePhysiqz has a reputation beyond reputePhysiqz has a reputation beyond reputePhysiqz has a reputation beyond reputePhysiqz has a reputation beyond reputePhysiqz has a reputation beyond reputePhysiqz has a reputation beyond reputePhysiqz has a reputation beyond reputePhysiqz has a reputation beyond reputePhysiqz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Revo vs Becue and others - 03-14-2018, 04:27 PM

Looking for an insight on Revo vs Becue comparison. Never shot with either.
Or any other carbon composite shaft you want to include.

Also Jacoby is supposed to be coming out with a new LD shaft this year i think 134 piece laminated instead of the 64 piece hybrid one right now.

Lamination only protects from warping, has nothing to do with LD. LD is low front end mass and flexablity.

Only product i know that's wooden and comparable to revo deflection is Krown Custom Cues shaft, which is non laminated slow turned cue with very low end mass. Takes about a year to make from what I understand. But he has over 1k on hand for demand.I will be getting on of these shafts and will write a review when i play with it. His is 190 USD compared to the high demand and lofty prices of revo right now.

So I am looking at alternative carbon composite shafts

Old
  (#2)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2018, 10:21 PM

I have shot with the REVO on several different butts (Predator, Josey, and a few other expensive customs) and the Becue. To me, the Becue plays better and hits better.

If you do a search, you will find several reviews of both the REVO and Becue and comparisons.

Everybody has a preference and a different idea of "feel". What one person likes, another may not.

After playing with both, I own a Becue...so you know which one I prefer.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...86#post5989986

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...36#post6108036

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 03-18-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Old
  (#3)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2018, 08:23 PM

Just adding a bit of info that keeps getting asked among the many threads.

The joint of my Becue is .830 and it is 1.19 at the very end of the butt cap.

Old
  (#4)
joyren
AzB Silver Member
joyren has a reputation beyond reputejoyren has a reputation beyond reputejoyren has a reputation beyond reputejoyren has a reputation beyond reputejoyren has a reputation beyond reputejoyren has a reputation beyond reputejoyren has a reputation beyond reputejoyren has a reputation beyond reputejoyren has a reputation beyond reputejoyren has a reputation beyond reputejoyren has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2018, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
I have shot with the REVO on several different butts (Predator, Josey, and a few other expensive customs) and the Becue. To me, the Becue plays better and hits better.

If you do a search, you will find several reviews of both the REVO and Becue and comparisons.

Everybody has a preference and a different idea of "feel". What one person likes, another may not.

After playing with both, I own a Becue...so you know which one I prefer.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...86#post5989986

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...36#post6108036
what is your preference shaft? the 5.1 or the Prime?

Old
  (#5)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

04-07-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyren View Post
what is your preference shaft? the 5.1 or the Prime?
The Prime.

I got the cue with the 5.1. The 5.1 plays good, but I use a closed bridge and the conical taper isn't the greatest for that type of bridge.

I then ordered the Prime, which I use all the time.

The 5.1 may be a tad stiffer. If you use an open bridge, you may not notice much of a difference between the Prime and the 5.1 shaft.

revo vs becue
Old
  (#6)
chancen it
AzB Silver Member
chancen it has a reputation beyond reputechancen it has a reputation beyond reputechancen it has a reputation beyond reputechancen it has a reputation beyond reputechancen it has a reputation beyond reputechancen it has a reputation beyond reputechancen it has a reputation beyond reputechancen it has a reputation beyond reputechancen it has a reputation beyond reputechancen it has a reputation beyond reputechancen it has a reputation beyond repute

revo vs becue - 04-07-2018, 12:39 PM

I have had both. The becue plays great but the conical taper rises quickly. I shoot a lot with closed bridge. The painted shaft seemed to get tacky.The revo is a great shaft. Revo stays smooth and the taper is more comfortable. I had the 12.9 but would prefer the 12.4. I ended up selling the shaft and went with a mezz with the wx900 shaft.Happy with it. Not ruling out going back to revo at the 12.4 size.

Old
  (#7)
Poolboss1030
AzB Silver Member
Poolboss1030 has a reputation beyond reputePoolboss1030 has a reputation beyond reputePoolboss1030 has a reputation beyond reputePoolboss1030 has a reputation beyond reputePoolboss1030 has a reputation beyond reputePoolboss1030 has a reputation beyond reputePoolboss1030 has a reputation beyond reputePoolboss1030 has a reputation beyond reputePoolboss1030 has a reputation beyond reputePoolboss1030 has a reputation beyond reputePoolboss1030 has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2018, 12:20 PM

Nothing beats the LD and glide like the revo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: