2013 Super Billiards Expo to be held in Edison, NJ

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Folks:

Just in case anyone hasn't seen the news in the Main forum, the following just hit my Inbox:

"2013 Super Billiards Expo Moves to New Jersey Convention Center in Edison, NJ"
http://poolmag.com/blog/post.cfm/2013-super-billiards-expo-moves-to-new-jersey

This is good news all around, I think. For many of us, the commute will be greatly reduced, although it still makes sense to get a hotel in the area, because driving on the NJ Turnpike at odd hours of the night, while fatigued, isn't a good idea.

Plus, I've been to the convention center in Edison many times for trade shows. All around I think it gives the Oaks Convention Center a 100-ball spot in a race to 150 (I'm trying to stay away from the old, tired rotation game "it gives it the orange crush" analogies ;) ).

-Sean

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
i think this is a Great move by Allen (and it's certainly wonderful for me personally).

i think it will also be very good for the 14.1 Challenge -- i was standing in line for the bathrooms in the lobby up front at Valley Forge last year with 2 top-10 ranked pro's, both of whom would be expected to play and probably do very well in the challenge -- but one of them said to both of us "it's like a cell block back there". he repeated it 2-3 times as we were in line, seemingly half in pity for everyone and half to say "don't expect to see Me there".

so having a nicer environment will not only make the event more pleasant for all of us, it will encourage the pro's to venture out of the 10-ball arena, i think.

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Shuttle Bus service and Events TBA...

Sandcastle is less than 5 minutes away.

I will be setting up special events (mini tournaments and challenges) to compliment the SBE schedule and provide more for all to enjoy.

SHUTTLE BUS service will be provided back and forth between the convention center and Sandcastle Billiards as well. (Please tip the driver a coulpe bucks ;) )

I'll keep everyone posted as things develop. I am currently discussing possibilities with many others in the industry that will be in town.

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sandcastle is less than 5 minutes away.

I will be setting up special events (mini tournaments and challenges) to compliment the SBE schedule and provide more for all to enjoy.

SHUTTLE BUS service will be provided back and forth between the convention center and Sandcastle Billiards as well. (Please tip the driver a coulpe bucks ;) )

I'll keep everyone posted as things develop. I am currently discussing possibilities with many others in the industry that will be in town.

Ed..that's Awesome! Can't wait to take part in the festivities. Looking forward to the details. I'll head by Sandcastle again soon.

Kevin