Fargo Summer 14.1 league

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool slows down in the summer around here --short summers, lakes, golf courses, barbecues.

So when I announced a couple weeks ago we'd start a little pilot 14.1 league, I figured we'd get a dozen players and work out the kinks.

We've got 26 players!

Two round-robin groups of 13 that are exactly the same average skill (Fargo Rating of 506).

Everybody's 14.1 Fargo Rating starts as their 8-ball Fargo Rating and gets adjusted every match.

So if a 550 plays a 470, the 70-point gap says the weaker player is supposed to be at 77 when the stronger player gets to 125.

The players play a non-handicapped race to 125, and the winner of the match gets a point. A second point is awarded to the player that beats the spread. So if the weaker player gets past 77, he too gets a point. So matches can be 0-2, 1-1, or 2-0.

Either player can also earn a point by achieving a new high run.

So far it's generated quite a bit of buzz around here. I've seen at least a half dozen non-league 14.1 matches in the last week

www.fargobilliards.com click on "flatland pool league" and then "straight pool"

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in the league

This was an awesome idea by Mike. A lot of excitement, and learning is happening. People are playing their weekly match whenever it is convenient for each player, no set night. That is great, some have even played ahead. Mike's rating system helps to make the matches fun and competitive for people at all levels. Can't wait for this weeks match.:dance: