Another Mystery Cue ID Thread!

EtDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just curious if anyone out there has any idea who may have built this cue:
My father remembers that he won it from another player when he was in college, which was the early 1960's and says even then it certainly wasn't new. I'm confident that mid to late 1950's would be a pretty good estimation for age.

It has a fairly thin brass joint collar with what I'm pretty sure is a 5/16x18 pin going into a shaft with a fairly wide pilot. The shaft is around 13mm, maybe a smidge smaller, and is still straight 50+ years later. The ferrule is not original. The butt is the standard fat diameter of old house cues, and has a ring of minor wear from where it rubbed for years on a rivet that attached the handle to case it rode around in.

View attachment 285499

View attachment 285500

View attachment 285501

The bumper is held on by a standard phillips head with a brass plug/cover that is fairly unique.

View attachment 285502

All in all I realize it's a fairly run of the mill bar cue conversion, but I'm hoping someone in here may know something extra.

Thanks for the help,
Jay

Last edited:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Where did your Dad go to school? That could help us narrow down cuemakers. For example, if you told us your Dad went to Brooklyn College, then we can narrow it down to known cue makers from that area and era who made conversions from house cues.

EtDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, I completely meant to add that in the first post. He went to both the University of Illinois Champaign/Urbana and Southern Illinois University in Carbondale.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Once I inquired about a cue that I thought may be a Rambo, and it was explained to me that there are really no Rambos without veneers... So like the cue I was asking about may just be a Brunswick catalog model..

Good luck in your search

Chris

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Once I inquired about a cue that I thought may be a Rambo, and it was explained to me that there are really no Rambos without veneers... So like the cue I was asking about may just be a Brunswick catalog model..

Good luck in your search

Chris

I've seen a few Herman Rambow cues without veneers.
The blanks look similar to the blanks used for the old Master Stroke cues.

I don't think this cue is a Rambow, but maybe someone can identify the brass plug or the pin.
Nice cue