Where to play pool in Spain...

tobermory2

Registered
...specifically Madrid, Granada, Seville and Cordoba. I'll be in those cities next month and hope to see what there is to see when I'm there. Thanks for any guidance.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
...specifically Madrid, Granada, Seville and Cordoba. I'll be in those cities next month and hope to see what there is to see when I'm there. Thanks for any guidance.

Pretty much a, Carom/3 cushion country! As is close by Portugal.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barcelona a couple winters ago had a vibrant scene, so imagine the other cities you mention might as well. They do like 3C, heated tables. But most of the play i saw was 9ball, on big tables. Admittedly, on one evening, 2 halls. League play, action, guys alone practicing or waiting to match up. One place probably 15 tables on main floor + mezzanine level. (total). Long wait for table, at least Friday/Sat nights.

Wife & I started a conversation with one 3c guy, whose GF spoke english. They were friendly enough, not in a shark way, either. Wife wanted me to play one of the slower speed guys he offered to introduce that we had been watching practice. When i went to the wall, the sticks were all like 15mm or maybe 16mm with mushroomed tips on top of that Honestly some of those were like 5/8". Splinters and split parts in the butts. Smallest dia in the room might have been 14mm. Between that and the wait, i didn't actually play.

Sum of my very short experience: Pool in a big city looks the way we wish it was here, but you would probably want to have your own stick along.

smt