Heading to China in May.

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A scammer in China scammed me out of $87000 USD ( they shipped sand instead of 60 tons of goods ). Be careful out there.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
A scammer in China scammed me out of $87000 USD ( they shipped sand instead of 60 tons of goods ). Be careful out there.

Scammers only prey on those buying looking for a deal, and they don't have to be from China to scam you, there's plenty right here in our own country that'll do that to you. Knock offs happen once again because someone's looking for a deal, and don't mind paying half price for something of quality....until they find out they bought a cheap knockoff. Good luck to anyone trying to knockoff my adhesive, because getting it to market, and having market support.....is going to be their blockaid!!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice, Glenn!!! That sounds like a great trip, and best wishes for great profits!
Don't forget about what we talked about a couple of months ago. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

First place in August is Africa, meeting with the coin op manufacturer there that has built and distributed over 300,000 coin ops throughout Africa, wants a demonstration of my adhesive at his factory, then they want distribution for their country. After there, I'm off to India, then China, then finally Korea, then back home for a little while.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scammers only prey on those buying looking for a deal

Not exclusively.
It now happens in any market with high priced goods, from the supply end, not just the demand end. People paying typical price, but the manufacturer is making a lot of extra by letting counterfeits slip though. Look at all the fake jet engine parts out there. You could say, yeah, it's because all the customers are looking for a deal on ticket rates. But directly? nope. Still you ash in a sling when something blows.

Closer to home for me, our club acquired a small cnc mill. (Donated by original purchaser, because he could not get it to function despite factory support). Various of us worked on it sporadically, but most of us are dull blades when it comes to IT. Several of us had conversations with the factory, and they were not unwilling to help but you got the impression they were beginning to think we were pretty dumb. More recently a sharper guy got involved.

Partly through trying some diagnostics on the controller, and partly by searching online he discovered one of the logic chips was counterfeit. And there are literally millions out there. What happened is the OEM chipmaker discovered the counterfeits, and so when the first round of updates was downloaded, they had a hidden app included to shut down the counterfeits.

The original guy paid full price less corporate discount for the mill, no particular bargain shopping. But he and the rest of us got bitten. The manufacturer in CA (No, Not HAAS, smaller outfit) didn't even know that there were random counterfeits in the chips they were using in the controllers. No doubt they put out rfq's when sourcing and may have taken the low bid. But the margin on stuff like that is so small that price to the OEM is not a wide variation. The supplier, or his suppliers are pushing into the chain, not reacting to demand.

Plenty more examples out there in chemicals, drugs, etc, etc.....

Good luck.

smt

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best of luck out there.

I had a 1-year visa but only ended up spending 3 months in China. Loved lots of things about it but it is certainly ... interesting

As of 2009:

--It is not that dangerous from the perspective of physical crime the way we know it in the US

--I ate on every street corner I could find and in every back alley -- the ONLY time I ever got sick was at Kentucky Fried Chicken in 90 days

--Most people ARE lying or scamming when you're talking anything $ related, but that only offends YOU, not them. It is their way to copycat, lie, cheat and steal and if you're not willing to engage in that back, you are tying a hand behind your own back for a sense of honor only YOU feel

Idaho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First place in August is Africa, meeting with the coin op manufacturer there that has built and distributed over 300,000 coin ops throughout Africa, wants a demonstration of my adhesive at his factory, then they want distribution for their country. After there, I'm off to India, then China, then finally Korea, then back home for a little while.

Please fill us in on your trip(s) RKC.

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Safe travels

Have a safe and profitable trip. Every country has it's dangers and the big one with China is speaking out against their government. We all know that to be true.

India is full of nasty stuff as were many of the "sailor ports" I visited during Viet Nam. Hong Kong, Bangkok, Thailand and Olongapo in the P.I. were the worst.

Times of war and military money don't bring out the best in 3rd world countries. I have no doubt the PI has recovered in some of those places and like the Pinoy's, except for the shisters.

In the big scheme of things they were no worse then a cattle or mining boom town in the 1800's.

Let us know how the trip goes.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Attachments

• img20191014_175442.jpg
    img20191014_175442.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 299
  • img20191014_175411.jpg
    img20191014_175411.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 288

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That’s nice of you to share Diamond’s pics, but where are you? How was the show? Curious how your travels in Africa, India, and Korea went. Thanks! 👍🏻

In case you didn't notice, that second picture is of my adhesive, not Diamond. Furthermore, I have nothing else to say to you.

Idaho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I just asked you to fill us in. Seems simple enough. We all know here on AZ that your ego couldn’t help but post about China in May, let alone all the other countries in August...

So how’d the trip(s) go?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I just asked you to fill us in. Seems simple enough. We all know here on AZ that your ego couldn’t help but post about China in May, let alone all the other countries in August...

So how’d the trip(s) go?

My next trip!!!

Attachments

• img20191014_220213.jpg
    img20191014_220213.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 225