Drycleaning Simonis?

EtDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are in the process of setting up an antique Brunswick after several years in storage (a circa 1917 Kling), and the relatively new Simonis 860 we are preparing to re-install has a mystery stain on it. The stain is small, and mostly sat under one of the rails to begin with, but we have been wondering if drycleaning is an option for 860. Will this affect playability, and/or is there some obvious hazard we are overlooking? Thanks in advance for your help..

~EtDM

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Go For It

I've actually washed some on the hand wash cycle and run it through the dryer for a guy who was too cheap to pay for new, but wanted Simonis even if it was well used. I did have to stretch it twice. I don't think the dryer was a good idea...

mechanic/player

Silver Member
I get that question a few times a year. I tell them that if it's in good shape and looks new other than the stain then yes get it drycleaned, but if it's got any wear you might as well replace it.

I had a piece of 860 drycleaned myself that had sat balled up in the bottom of a cloth bin for 2 yrs. It cost $20 and they got every wrinkle and crease out of it.