Universal Tip Centralizer

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Probably true but who's equipment is DEAD NUTZ??????????

I paid upwards to a grand for my Cue Companion II, and for that kind of dough I expect it to be dead nutz.
Who ever heard of paying a thousand dollars for a lathe.
I have a friend who owns a machine shop that makes titanium parts for NASA, and I'll bet they don't even have a grand invested in one single lathe.

jschelin99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Universal Tip Centralizer looks like a very well-built tool and I'm sure it performs wonderfully. However...

*** WARNING: SARCASTIC COMEDY CONTENT BELOW! ***
*** IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR, STOP READING NOW! ***

Try my tip centering tool, which I like to call H.A.N.D. (please see attached picture). As you can see, it is a multi-functional tool, with 5 mini-tools securely attached. Once properly calibrated, the two mini-tools on the right can be infinitesimally adjusted from 0.0-152.4mm (range varies on your exact model), which every cue repair professional will agree accommodates EVERY tip on the market, even the ones not invented yet!

***BUT WAIT!**** H.A.N.D. doesn't stop there. H.A.N.D. is also a "smart tool" and can learn to perform other tasks as well! (*Proper connection to B.R.A.I.N. via A.R.M. is required for H.A.N.D. to "learn".) Fully water-proof and air-tight, H.A.N.D. is truly an amazing tool. There is *literally* no job H.A.N.D. can't do!

Don't believe me, see what some of my customers have said:
* To the moon, Alice! - Ralph Kramden (no mini-tools extended)
* Aaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy! - Arthur Fonzarelli (one mini-tool extended)
* I want you! - Uncle Sam (different mini-tool extended)
* Give peace a chance. - John Lennon (two mini-tools extended)

H.A.N.D. works perfectfully with other tools, both of a power and non-power nature. H.A.N.D. is also the official tool of every game of Rock, Paper, Scissors ever played in the entire history of the world!

So, the next time you're thinking of buying a single-purpose tool that may or may not be completely necessary, think of H.A.N.D. I bet it can get the job done for far less expense!

Attachments

• HAND.jpg
    HAND.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,438

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
The Universal Tip Centralizer looks like a very well-built tool and I'm sure it performs wonderfully. However...

*** WARNING: SARCASTIC COMEDY CONTENT BELOW! ***
*** IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR, STOP READING NOW! ***

Try my tip centering tool, which I like to call H.A.N.D. (please see attached picture). As you can see, it is a multi-functional tool, with 5 mini-tools securely attached. Once properly calibrated, the two mini-tools on the right can be infinitesimally adjusted from 0.0-152.4mm (range varies on your exact model), which every cue repair professional will agree accommodates EVERY tip on the market, even the ones not invented yet!

***BUT WAIT!**** H.A.N.D. doesn't stop there. H.A.N.D. is also a "smart tool" and can learn to perform other tasks as well! (*Proper connection to B.R.A.I.N. via A.R.M. is required for H.A.N.D. to "learn".) Fully water-proof and air-tight, H.A.N.D. is truly an amazing tool. There is *literally* no job H.A.N.D. can't do!

Don't believe me, see what some of my customers have said:
* To the moon, Alice! - Ralph Kramden (no mini-tools extended)
* Aaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy! - Arthur Fonzarelli (one mini-tool extended)
* I want you! - Uncle Sam (different mini-tool extended)
* Give peace a chance. - John Lennon (two mini-tools extended)

H.A.N.D. works perfectfully with other tools, both of a power and non-power nature. H.A.N.D. is also the official tool of every game of Rock, Paper, Scissors ever played in the entire history of the world!

So, the next time you're thinking of buying a single-purpose tool that may or may not be completely necessary, think of H.A.N.D. I bet it can get the job done for far less expense!

Do I see hair on that palm?????

LOL

Kim

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Do I see hair on that palm?????

LOL

Kim

That kind of "tip centralizer" is for a different type of tooling.
I'm new to this cue repair stuff, but I don't think it is cue machinery related...:smile:
I'm sure every cuemaker and cue repair guy has done it.
What people do in the privacy of their own shop is up to them, but we don't need a visual on somebody's version of a human tip tool...:eek:

runall8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great looking tool!

received the 18 model this week..communication with Olaf was great..very fast shipping..set up the tool last night..dailed it in..the tool installs the tip dead nuts!..all the tips i install are oversized and trimmed to size..so more important to me is how the tool clamps the tip into the tool.. i like to prime my tips (brush glue on) before installing..so it allows me to put the tip in it and after brushing glue on, pick up the tool and not have to touch the tip or the tip fall out..i will look forward to trying to install a tip with the same diameter as the ferrule..for me, this tool is a winner!..and Olaf must be a very qualified machinist, this tool is of very high quality..

Attachments

• CIMG1971.jpg
    CIMG1971.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,688
  • CIMG1972.jpg
    CIMG1972.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,635

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
That kind of "tip centralizer" is for a different type of tooling.
I'm new to this cue repair stuff, but I don't think it is cue machinery related...:smile:
I'm sure every cuemaker and cue repair guy has done it.
What people do in the privacy of their own shop is up to them, but we don't need a visual on somebody's version of a human tip tool...:eek:

fantastic.... I think I have 1 or 2

LOL

KIm

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my tool today. Even though he said he would have to build it, it came within 10 days. Looking forward to installing domed tips with it. Most single layer and some multi layer tips are domed and if you install off center its a pain to recut or sand the dome to meet the tips new center.

Great to deal with.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
Got my tool today too, looks to be a very well made tool. As of right now, it won't let me access the video to set the tool up, it is a private video and Olaf has tried to send it to me several times today and the emails are either not going through to me or the link he gives me comes up as a private video and won't let me watch it. Anxiously waiting so I can get this thing set-up and use it. :)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Olaf -- is there any disadvantage (other than price) of using the Model 18 if you'll never use tips larger than 14 mm? Any advantage?

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
Olaf -- is there any disadvantage (other than price) of using the Model 18 if you'll never use tips larger than 14 mm? Any advantage?

I haven't found a dis-advantage yet. I bought the Model 18 and I don't have a tip over 14mm, but for the extra $10 bucks I went ahead and got the Model 18. You never know what else you may actually use this tool for, it may have more than one use in the future, you never know, so I went with the bigger of the two models.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I saw the tool Mooseman bought. He brought it by my shop. This tool is the nuts. For anybody questing the 18mm, think about soaking & pressing tips. I begin with 14mm Triangles & by the time i'm done, they're closer to 16mm. Tips over 14mm aren't uncommon.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I just got to setting mine up yesterday and did a test tip, very nice. It took only 5 minutes to align it, and mark the tailstock and drill chuck so I will always line it in the same spot. Great quality and great product. Olaf was a pleasure to deal with, and great communication.
Dave

cuetips1000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank's for the kind words. It's nice to see that the tool works finde and does the trick.

If you'll never install tips larger than 14 mm, there is no disadvantage using the UTC18.

Soaking and pressing tips, so that they get wider, is an interesting argument for the bigger model.

Olaf

cuetips1000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a few UTCs (both models) in stock now and ready to ship.

Offering also brass/stainless steel versions of the tool.

Olaf