Wang Can

Snuden

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wang is a great player.
Walk into any decent pool room in Shanghai, and you will be blown away by the level of play.

As a foreigner living here, I often get treated better than the locals and thus often get invited to play with the top 30ish ranked players in China.

The Chinese seem to take snooker a little more serious than pool though.

NONE of the players are funded by the government!

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
And the scary part is that he isn't even the best guy in China.

As for being good at that age well he is a bit old..................when you consider that guys like Wu Chia Ching won the World 9 Ball at 16. And the World 8 Ball later the same year. :)

Liu Sha Sha won the World 9 Ball at 17.

Ko Pin Yi was that good at 17. His little brother is that good as well.

Wang is only the tip of the iceberg.

Ping Chung Ko, Pin Yi's brother just won the WPA Worlds Junior Championship in South Africa. Alternate break 9 ball and out of 61 games in this event, 27 of his were break and runs.

I'd say he plays pretty good.

Impact Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What Wang using on his break cue? It looks like a red sleeve on his break shaft. Is it a guide or something?

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So how do you pronounce Tsan?

Just kidding. Would his name be more correctly pronounced "wong sahn"?

More correctly "wahng tzahn". the C in Can is pronounced with a sound like a T and Z together. Put the tip of your tongue behind your two front upper teeth to make the sound. Not easy for a westerner to learn.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What Wang using on his break cue? It looks like a red sleeve on his break shaft. Is it a guide or something?

I use a "homemade" version of the sleeve he uses and I would RECOMMEND using one 1000% to ANYBODY who breaks and uses a CLOSED bridge.

The amount of friction that the sleeve will reduce is beyond comparison.

Not only does the sleeve give you a couple more MPH, it gives you a bit of a guide to help keep the cue online with the break...when you are MOST apt to pull the cue offline trying to put a lot of power into the break.

Aloha.

If you are REALLY old-school, you will remember a player sometimes rolling up a dollar bill and using it as a sleeve too. They did it when the conditions were really humid and the cue would stick to your hand when bridging.

Same idea....higher level

Last edited:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I use a "homemade" version of the sleeve he uses and I would RECOMMEND using one 1000% to ANYBODY who breaks and uses a CLOSED bridge.

The amount of friction that the sleeve will reduce is beyond comparison.

Not only does the sleeve give you a couple more MPH, it gives you a bit of a guide to help keep the cue online with the break...when you are MOST apt to pull the cue offline trying to put a lot of power into the break.

Aloha.

If you are REALLY old-school, you will remember a player sometimes rolling up a dollar bill and using it as a sleeve too. They did it when the conditions were really humid and the cue would stick to your hand when bridging.

Same idea....higher level

Do tell...what did you make your home-made guide out of?